Windows 10: Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints?

Discus and support Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Just purchased a new computer with Win10. I have three Win7 computers in my house with an old MediaSmart server that backs them up each night. So, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DennisShiley, Jul 12, 2020.

1. Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints?

Just purchased a new computer with Win10. I have three Win7 computers in my house with an old MediaSmart server that backs them up each night. So, I have enough knowledge that I thought streaming my photo collection to my smart TV would be duck soup. NOT!

I came here thinking I would find the solution. What I found is many people who have had the same or similar problems dating back as far as 2015 or longer. There have been countless suggestions for resolving the problem, and a few people were helped, but the majority have tried everything and nothing helps.

My problem is this. I can stream videos from my Win10 computer with no problems, but photos are a problem. I have thousadnds of photos on my hard drive organized in folders. When I go to the TV, it sees the computer and folders, but no thumbnails or files. Let me correct that statement. It does see a handful of photos that seem to be totally random, nothing in common.

I’ve tried most of the suggestions I’ve found here, but nothing seems to solve the problem. Occassionally, a simple unrelated change makes a difference. For example, I made a simple name change to a photo file and then it worked. I changed the name back to the original and it countinued to work. I have messed with shared settings that are correct, but sometimes changing them and then seering them back makes a difference. For example, If I right click a photo folder, then go to the shared tab, and just click on the existing settings since the folder is already set to shared, then the tv will show thumbnails of all the photos in that folder, but trying to open them produces an error message.

i guess my question has no answer, but why does Microsoft still have complaints about this issue, and no solutions, after five years or more? Why do we need to turn to a third party, like Plex, to solve the problem? I guess that will be my next step!

:)

DennisShiley, Jul 12, 2020

2. Photos streamed to Samsung TV are too small

I would like to stream my photos from Win10 PC to Samsung TV using Right-click on photo, Play to -> Samsung TV.

Generally it works fine, but the photos are like thumbnails on the TV.

I was looking to Media streaming options, but there are no options regarding size of the photos.

Any tips where should I look?

FrantisekNebojsa, Jul 12, 2020
  3. Unable to share media to TV after clean Windows 10 install

I recently had to do a clean install of Windows 10 Home x64 (1511 Build 10586.318). Before the clean install I could share and view on my Panasonic TV all the photos / videos stored on my PC. Since the clean install, while all the media locations on my PC are listed in the Windows Media Player Libraries, including my OneDrive, only the OneDrive locations are visible on the TV (Windows appears to automatically add the OneDrive to the list, as if you remove it from the list of libraries it is added again automatically!). The TV is listed in the devices to which the media can be streamed on the Local network.

I also have a Western Digital NAS drive and can stream all media to the TV from this without any problem. Can anybody suggest why the media located in the default Windows Pictures / Video locations cannot be viewed on the TV, while the OneDrive locations are and how I can solve this issue?

Exspextations, Jul 12, 2020
  4. Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints?

Streaming Music and Photos to my TV

How can I set up my music and photos to stream on my TV

KooKooKatt, Jul 12, 2020
Thema:

Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints?

1. Why is streaming photos to a TV a problem after many years of complaints? - Similar Threads - Why streaming photos

2. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    streamed photo orientation: I keep photos, videos, documents files on an external hard drive attached to my Windows 10 PC. When I view the photos on the PC, through both the Photos app or Windows Media Player, the orientation is correct. When I use WMP to stream the photos to my Roku Ultra and view them...
  3. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    streamed photo orientation: I keep photos, videos, documents files on an external hard drive attached to my Windows 10 PC. When I view the photos on the PC, through both the Photos app or Windows Media Player, the orientation is correct. When I use WMP to stream the photos to my Roku Ultra and view them...
  4. streamed photo orientation

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. live tv streaming

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    live tv streaming: Cannot live stream tv channels. Comcast says its the computer, not the router or wifi. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/live-tv-streaming/1646bb83-66a7-4c4a-8738-e52e0ffa4992
  6. How is it that a quick web search returns years of complaints about Windows Photo Viewer...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    How is it that a quick web search returns years of complaints about Windows Photo Viewer...: Here's an example from this very site: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-photo-viewer-in-windows-10-can-view-webp/a9371113-6b91-46a7-88ea-119837e05a3a...
  7. Multiple BSOD for many years

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple BSOD for many years: OK. That's it! Enough is enough! I have an Asus laptop that is plagued with BSODs almost since I bought it a little over 3 years ago will never buy Asus again!. I have moderate-to-advanced experience with computers, but have zero experience with kernel hacking. So, how can...
  8. Unable to stream to a Smart TV

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to stream to a Smart TV: Split from this thread. trying to stream from my laptop or Samsung galaxy s3 orbit to my element smart TV �� https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-stream-to-a-smart-tv/114e1918-c94d-4677-bad8-92fe849c364a
  9. no audio when streaming to tv

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    no audio when streaming to tv: ok simple question.....lol seriously before i updated win10 i had absolutly no problems streaming of anything but i wentt to stream a movie from the laptop to tv and i now have no sound when streaming.......halpppp where do i start.....thanks guys...
  10. Streaming to smart TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Streaming to smart TV: How do I stream movies from this PC to my smart TV?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/streaming-to-smart-tv/c56fc2ce-8b2e-42d6-acf4-98af39546384