Windows 10: Why is svchost here

Discus and support Why is svchost here in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/totallyweird-person [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ej0dgc/why_is_svchost_here/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/totallyweird-person, Jan 2, 2020.

1. Why is svchost here

/u/totallyweird-person, Jan 2, 2020
  2. Wile E Win User

RAM Died: svchost error

svchost is part of the OS, it just interacts with other aspects.

Wile E, Jan 2, 2020
  3. What does the svchost do?

Lots of Windows services are tied to the SVChost, and /or are listed as SVChost in the process list(s).

Unfortunatley with Vista, there's a lot more dependencies between the services, and thus you'll be FORCED to run more instances of SVChosts; unlike XP where things were more independent and you could disable more features resulting in less SVChost instances. That and XP and Vista are different.

Regardless of your Windows version, you can check out some service slimming guides or goto Black Viper's website and take his advice. Depending on your needs you may be able to cut down the amount of SVChost running, and save some RAM.

XP should never have an SVChost using 50mb. Vista however can.

newconroer, Jan 2, 2020
  4. ex_reven Win User

Why is svchost here

RAM Died: svchost error

Isnt svchost a service related to programs tho, and not the OS itself?
    Like for example, there are multiple svchosts at any one time for multiple programs.

Though i suppose that still suggests the OS is buggered at the core.

ex_reven, Jan 2, 2020
Thema:

Why is svchost here

1. Why is svchost here - Similar Threads - Why svchost here

2. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  3. Why is this key here?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is this key here?: There's a registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.ms-one-stub and I don't know what it's for. Looking it up it says OneDrive for businesses but I removed one drive from my PC the day it arrived AND it was just normal one drive. What is this related to? The data inside the key is...
  4. Why is svchost always using my mic

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is svchost always using my mic: Its always using my mic even if i unplug it the mic logo is always there its pretty annoying i dont mind that much but im just wondering what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-svchost-always-using-my-mic/b5583ffd-cc47-4da0-8675-581fd1d8d947
  5. Why is svchost always using my mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is svchost always using my mic: Its always using my mic even if i unplug it the mic logo is always there its pretty annoying i dont mind that much but im just wondering what it is https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-svchost-always-using-my-mic/b5583ffd-cc47-4da0-8675-581fd1d8d947
  6. Why is svchost always using my mic

7. Svchost blocked

Svchost blocked: Hey i am Evan I am having problem in my computer When i go to ms-store > download and updates > then when i click get updates then ms store lags and a message come from my antivirus svchost.exe blocked . And in my pc i can't update my apps like minecraft , roblox . Please...
  8. Why is this here ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is this here ?: In my properties in security i find this user Account Unknow 1-5-21 ? what is this an how do i get rid of it ? submitted by /u/MFTGAMING [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljek9w/why_is_this_here/
  9. Error with svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error with svchost: I have been recieveing messages for the past two or three days now. When I go full screen, this message randomly pops up. "svchost.exe - application error The instruction at 0x00007FF8A305C686 referenced memory at 0x00007FF8C82D1A78. The memory could not be read. Click...
  10. svchost

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    svchost: An aplication in the path C:\Windows\syswow\ is running in the background and it consumes 60% of my cpu how to i stop it? I think it as something about Net Framework our something like that but im not sure. My Windows version is 1607...