Windows 10: why is Task Manager asking for permission

Discus and support why is Task Manager asking for permission in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; After getting pop up alerts in Firefox Browser from what appeared to be Microsoft tech when opening task manager to close the browser it was asking for... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Pjg1960, Jan 10, 2019.

1. Pjg1960 Win User

why is Task Manager asking for permission

After getting pop up alerts in Firefox Browser from what appeared to be Microsoft tech when opening task manager to close the browser it was asking for permission to run. I have not allowed the program to run. I restarted the computer and opened Firefox again but it just opened previous windows and the pop ups came back. I tried uninstalling Firefox but was unable because it was still open. I managed to open a new private window by right clicking the icon in the task bar and was able to close Firefox and uninstall it. I reinstalled with add ons disabled and Firefox is working properly but Tack Manager is still asking me for permission.

What should I do?

Thanks

:)

Pjg1960, Jan 10, 2019
  2. Ken Blake Win User

Task Manager

What list in Task Manager are asking about? Processes? Services? Startup?

Please post the contents of the list.

Ken Blake, Jan 10, 2019
  3. Tryx3 Win User
    Credentials for Task Manager

Task manager in Windows 10 is not the same thing as Task manager for Windows 7 & earlier.

• You can, for example, alter Startup items that you used to use MSConfig for in earlier Windows versions.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 always challenges for Admin permission when it starts.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will open without any Admin challenge.

• If you are logged in to an Admin user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab such as disabling an item.
    • If you are logged in to a Standard user account, Task manager in Windows 10 will only allow you to alter entries in the Start-up tab that affect that user account only. If you try to alter an item that affects other users, the disable command is greyed
      out.

Denis

Tryx3, Jan 10, 2019
  4. why is Task Manager asking for permission

task manager access is denied

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for your reply with the current status of the issue.

Refer to the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on Properties.

5. Click on Security tab and click on Edit.

6. Then give full permission to the Administrator.

Step 2: I would suggest you to perform below steps and check if it helps.

1. Right click on Taskbar.

2. Click on Task Manager.

3. Search for Avast process.

4. Right click on it and click on End Task.

Also I suggest you to check the status of the account.

1. Type "Settings" without the quotes in search box next to Start Menu
    and click on it.

2. Click on Accounts.

4. Check if the account is Administrator.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

why is Task Manager asking for permission

1. why is Task Manager asking for permission - Similar Threads - why Task Manager

2. Why are there two task manager options?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there two task manager options?: I right-clicked on the windows at the bottom left of my screen and have found that I have two 'Task Manger' options, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-two-task-manager-options/efb9b044-3ac0-4c5d-9b9e-c8399accb7d6
  3. Why are there two task manager options?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are there two task manager options?: I right-clicked on the windows at the bottom left of my screen and have found that I have two 'Task Manger' options, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-there-two-task-manager-options/efb9b044-3ac0-4c5d-9b9e-c8399accb7d6
  4. Why are there two task manager options?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Ask For Permissions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Ask For Permissions: So Um These Few Days Im Getting theseEven tho im not in a family It shows for most of the Build in apps Such as Snip and sketch Camera Photos etc...Pls Help anyone https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ask-for-permissions/b693d7f5-e919-479a-a836-aee5096285dd
  6. Asking permission

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Asking permission: Every time i try go into certain websites it tells me i need permission to get into them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/asking-permission/497b942a-eb28-4de9-95b5-e56262ff630e
  7. Asking permission

Asking permission: I just logged on to my new computer with my Microsoft account which is an adult account btw and it keeps making me ask for permission and when I click ask for permission it says that something went wrong and it's trying it'sits trying fix it...
  8. why does microsoft need to ask permission

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    why does microsoft need to ask permission: so basically whenever i use programs made by microsoft it asks me for permission to make changes to my device but why does microsoft need to ask permission on thier own service it doesnt make sense...
  9. Task Manager asking for password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Task Manager asking for password: Hello, Task Manager is asking for password with UAC enabled, is there a way to disable this password request just for Task Manager? [IMG] [IMG] Thanks, Cosmin B....
  10. "Ask for Permission" Error

"Ask for Permission" Error: I just recently got a gaming laptop for Christmas, a Dell G3 15 3590 to be specific. It runs a 64bit Windows 10 Home OS. I'm part of a Microsoft family and marked as "Child". Anyways, I have Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, so I checked the Xbox Beta app to see the games I could...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why is task manager asking for admin credentials?

2. task manager asking for permission

3. task manager is not asking for credentials

4. windows 10 task manager permission,
  5. windows always asks for permission to open task manager,
  6. why is task manager asking for permission,
  7. why is task manager asking for permission to open