Windows 10: why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam?

Discus and support why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Recently, i have noticed my Kaspersky blocking system32\taskhostw.exe from using my webcam. As you can see in the attached screenshot that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmee2k18, Oct 3, 2018.

1. jmee2k18 Win User

why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam?

Hi all.

Recently, i have noticed my Kaspersky blocking system32\taskhostw.exe from using my webcam.

As you can see in the attached screenshot that the application - Host Process for Windows Tasks is being blocked to access my webcam.

why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam? [​IMG]

What is trying to access my webcam, and why?

Its only been happening the past few days, i have have not even used, or requested to use the webcam.

I hope i make sense lol. I am new to Windows10 .

Thanks for any help or info given.

Jamie.

:)

jmee2k18, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Wynona Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Oct 3, 2018
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Mine is signed Microsoft Windows:

And, so is Taskmgr.exe:

And, SearchUI.exe:

So probably not a false flag signature on taskhostw.exe.

f14tomcat, Oct 3, 2018
  4. PRince4 Win User

I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this :

PRince4, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam? - Similar Threads - why TaskHostW exe

2. webcam used as security

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    webcam used as security: Can my HP windows 10 laptop take a picture with the webcam when my laptop is opened or when an invalid login attempt is made? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-used-as-security/113de1cf-30fe-4709-a3c3-0feae1f0e734"
  3. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!: Firstly, NO process should be able to view from a Webcam or listen from a Mic without specific. clear PRIOR PERMISSION. I do not need to be having my privacy disturbed by uninvited people or staff from Microsoft!! Secondly, I am feeling insecure from this Device Census! I...
  4. Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!

Device Census is using my webcam even if blocked!: Firstly, NO process should be able to view from a Webcam or listen from a Mic without specific. clear PRIOR PERMISSION. I do not need to be having my privacy disturbed by uninvited people or staff from Microsoft!! Secondly, I am feeling insecure from this Device Census! I...
  5. Use the webcam the opposite way

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Use the webcam the opposite way: I want to use the webcam to take a picture from the opposite direction. How do I "turn it around" so to speak to take a picture of a person on the other side of the laptop?...
  6. Why did my webcam light turn on?

Why did my webcam light turn on?: I was using my laptop and then my webcam light just turn on i have put tape over the webcam. Is my webcam hack? and i fix it or can i turn it off? I have try using antivirus and it said no virus founded. HELP?...
  7. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  8. Why would Chrome use my webcam?

in Browsers and Email
    Why would Chrome use my webcam?: The title of this post says it all. I use Kaspersky and I just received a notice for Kaspersky that Chrome is using my webcam. I'm not aware of any reason for this. Could someone please tell me the possibilities? Thank you....... 95451
  9. Using A New .exe For An Application ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using A New .exe For An Application ?: Hello, Have had somewhat contradictory results with this, so thought I'd just ask: I have an .exe file for an application. A new version has just come out. I know I can delete the old .exe one, and use the new one; no problem. But was wondering: can I just put...
  10. Programs Using Webcam

in Windows 10 Support
    Programs Using Webcam: I'm using Kaspersky Suite 2017 and it keeps notifying me that certain programs are requesting use of my webcam. I've got my camera turned off in settings, but I'm curious as to why certain programs are trying to use it. Example would be: device census. What is that and why is...