Windows 10: why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam?

Discus and support why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all. Recently, i have noticed my Kaspersky blocking system32\taskhostw.exe from using my webcam. As you can see in the attached screenshot that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jmee2k18, Oct 3, 2018.

1. jmee2k18 Win User

why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam?

Hi all.

Recently, i have noticed my Kaspersky blocking system32\taskhostw.exe from using my webcam.

As you can see in the attached screenshot that the application - Host Process for Windows Tasks is being blocked to access my webcam.

why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam? [​IMG]

What is trying to access my webcam, and why?

Its only been happening the past few days, i have have not even used, or requested to use the webcam.

I hope i make sense lol. I am new to Windows10 .

Thanks for any help or info given.

Jamie.

:)

jmee2k18, Oct 3, 2018
  2. Wynona Win User

taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

I did a search for taskhostw exe and found the following:

That's a lot of 'em!

Wynona, Oct 3, 2018
  3. f14tomcat Win User

Mine is signed Microsoft Windows:

And, so is Taskmgr.exe:

And, SearchUI.exe:

So probably not a false flag signature on taskhostw.exe.

f14tomcat, Oct 3, 2018
  4. PRince4 Win User

I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this :

PRince4, Oct 3, 2018
Thema:

1. why is TaskHostW.exe trying to use my webcam? - Similar Threads - why TaskHostW exe

2. using webcam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using webcam: How do I record video with the webcam while in a program other the the camera app.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-webcam/26c1e40d-fe2a-4580-883e-62d23ac4428a
  3. using webcam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    using webcam: How do I record video with the webcam while in a program other the the camera app.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-webcam/26c1e40d-fe2a-4580-883e-62d23ac4428a
  4. Why can't my webcam or fingerprint scanner be used in Hello?

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Why can't my webcam or fingerprint scanner be used in Hello?: I have a Asus Vivobook pro why does it say it cannot find a webcam or fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello when I have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-my-webcam-or-fingerprint-scanner-be-used/b062d2a2-a8c7-4397-a108-b4ad5a8ee296
  5. CamProviiders.exe is using my webcam.

in Windows 10 Support
    CamProviiders.exe is using my webcam.: A popup at the top of my screen say "CamProvider.exe is using the webcam." It is the same popup I get when using Zoom. When I start Zoom I have both popups. Does anyone know what camprovider.exe is? 170116
  6. using my webcam

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using my webcam: I would like to know how to use my web cam https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-my-webcam/3ac46fba-d468-4688-91ce-5be8b9495e80
  7. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  8. Why Is My Webcam Always On?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why Is My Webcam Always On?: My webcam seems to be on even when the computer is off. It has a ring of white leds around the lens and they have been shining all the time, whether the pc is on or off. How's that possible I wonder? 132010
  9. taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!

in Windows 10 Support
    taskhostw tying to access your WebCam?!: I was like WTF? Why does a "System" process wants to access my WebCam? My antivirus shows this : [img] 115041
  10. Why would Chrome use my webcam?

in Browsers and Email
    Why would Chrome use my webcam?: The title of this post says it all. I use Kaspersky and I just received a notice for Kaspersky that Chrome is using my webcam. I'm not aware of any reason for this. Could someone please tell me the possibilities? Thank you....... 95451

Users found this page by searching for:

1. webcam access attempt taskhostw.exe

2. taskhostw.exe Host Process for Windows Tasks

3. kaspersky host process using webcam

4. should taskhostw be allowed access to webcam,
  5. why is windows using webcam,
  6. why is taskhostw.exe trying to access my webcam,
  7. taskhostw.exe using webcam,
  8. taskhostw.exe requests webcam,
  9. taskhostw is trying to access webcam,
  10. WHY DOES THE HOST PROCESS FOR wINDOWS TASKS-TASKHOSTW.EXE NEED TO ACCESS WEBCAM?,
  11. taskhostw.exe trying to access your webcam