Windows 10: why is telling me i need a codec to see my pictures

Discus and support why is telling me i need a codec to see my pictures in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why is telling me i need a codec to see my pictures... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MariaLang, Aug 26, 2019.

1. MariaLang Win User

why is telling me i need a codec to see my pictures

:)

MariaLang, Aug 26, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. XVI
    xvi Win User
    sound but no video?WTF

Can you tell us what you're doing? Step by step? What program are you using? Like I say, if you're using VLC, any codecs you install won't help you at all since VLC doesn't actually look outside of its own libraries.

Just list the steps that you're taking.

4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. why is telling me i need a codec to see my pictures - Similar Threads - why telling need

2. Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?: Hi! I've been having an issue recently with viewing my pictures in the photo app. All of my photos are saved onto my laptop and I can view them if I go onto the folders they are in on file explorer, but when I try to view them on the photo app I can't see them anymore, which...
  3. Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?: Hi! I've been having an issue recently with viewing my pictures in the photo app. All of my photos are saved onto my laptop and I can view them if I go onto the folders they are in on file explorer, but when I try to view them on the photo app I can't see them anymore, which...
  4. Why can't I see my pictures in the photo app?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key? if not I will need back to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key? if not I will need back to...: Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-tell-me-is-that-in-picture-result-is/cbf0e51b-5f51-4eee-b49e-e00876ca0d92
  6. Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key? if not I will need back to...

Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key? if not I will need back to...: Please tell me is that in picture result is genuine licence key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/please-tell-me-is-that-in-picture-result-is/cbf0e51b-5f51-4eee-b49e-e00876ca0d92
  7. My computer tells me my OneDrive is full. It tells me I need to buy more room.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My computer tells me my OneDrive is full. It tells me I need to buy more room.: I know nothing about OneDrive, but my computer tells me my OneDrive is full and I need to subscribe to get more room. I am a single user and don't do much on my computer except play games and Google random topics. I recently started a project on an Epson FF-680W to scan...
  8. My computer tells me my OneDrive is full. It tells me I need to buy more room.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My computer tells me my OneDrive is full. It tells me I need to buy more room.: I know nothing about OneDrive, but my computer tells me my OneDrive is full and I need to subscribe to get more room. I am a single user and don't do much on my computer except play games and Google random topics. I recently started a project on an Epson FF-680W to scan...
  9. My computer tells me my OneDrive is full. It tells me I need to buy more room.

10. My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    My Pictures Folder Tells me Access Denied: Wanted to do a restore but there only 4 restore points going back to april 1st. also it was telling me that I could lose my password and some recently installed apps would be affected. Do you know of anyway to gain access without a restore. I'm the administrator on the...