Windows 10: why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours?

Discus and support why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hello first time using this put couldn't find a similar question here.to put it bluntly for the week now whenever I'm connected to the internet for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by PieMan94, Jun 8, 2023.

1. PieMan94 Win User

why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours?

hello first time using this put couldn't find a similar question here.to put it bluntly for the week now whenever I'm connected to the internet for roughly 3 hours I've noticed on my file explorer that my downloads file says it's been modified despite me not downloading anything. Since I found it suspicious I have run several anti-virus programs Msert, McAfee, SpyHunter, and Malwarebytes on safe mode multiple times and have come up with nothing thus probably ruling it out as a result of malware. I've checked the desktop.ini file in my downloads it's clean and moved the destination folder f

:)

PieMan94, Jun 8, 2023
  2. tfwul Win User

Download managers - keep file created date but modified=download date

Seeking 3rd party download managers that :
    1. do not change the file created date (or, at least, keep the server created date)
    2. sets the modified date to download date.

So, for instance, I download a file today, then the file has
    (for example) created date: 01-07-2019
    modified date: 19-09-2022

My current download manager (IDM) can keep the 'server date' (so, 01-07-2019 in the above example), but the modified date will the be the same as the server date.

Downloads are stored in a downloads folder, amongst many other files of previous downloads and other temporary files.
    The downloaded file is difficult to find then: it is somewhere amongst the others. In case of the modified date being the date of download, one can sort then on modified date and easily find the downloaded file.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Any suggestions?

tfwul, Jun 8, 2023
  3. tfwul Win User
    Change modified dates, consecutive, with preview. Suggestions?

Thanks.
    The idea is that I have a preview of the file when changing the modified date.
    It is a manual change and I take/read it from the file preview.
    See below, just as an example.

However, I would like to avoid 1.open file, 2.change modified date, 3. click OK, 4. go to next file
    (currently the only way I know),
    I seek a tool that has a [Next] button at step 2 (which basically is then the same as step 3, 4 and 1.

Nirsoft offers fine tools, but does not offer file previews AFAIK. BTW They have a more enhanced date changer in bulk file changer.

why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours? 360728d1645774916t-change-modified-dates-consecutive-preview-suggestions-snagit-25022022-083926.png

tfwul, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that after recent update when you sort the files by Date Modified, the folders are listed at the bottom. We would like to know which update was installed on the computer, to check go to
    Start >> Settings >> Update & Security >> Windows Update >> View update history.

However, you can go ahead and try the following steps and see if that helps in listing the folders at top:

1. Open File Explorer and navigate to the location where your files are stored.
    2. Sort files by Date Modified (Recent files first).
    3. Hold Shift key and click on the
      Name
      column. This will bring folders at the top with files sorted with Date Modified.

Let us know the results.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

1. why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours? - Similar Threads - why date modified

2. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  3. Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the date modified on a folder earlier than the date modified in that folder?: In File Explorer, it shows in "Documents" it shows:Folder: Document - Date Modified 1/30/2024 10:51 AMFolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 9/13/2023 8:15 AMSubfolder: Home - Date Modified 7/3/2023 2:19 PMSubfolder: Miscellaneous - Date Modified 7/22/2021 11:44AMSubfolder:...
  4. why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours?: hello first time using this put couldn't find a similar question here.to put it bluntly for the week now whenever I'm connected to the internet for roughly 3 hours I've noticed on my file explorer that my downloads file says it's been modified despite me not downloading...
  5. why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is that date modified of my download folder keeps changing every 3 hours?: hello first time using this put couldn't find a similar question here.to put it bluntly for the week now whenever I'm connected to the internet for roughly 3 hours I've noticed on my file explorer that my downloads file says it's been modified despite me not downloading...
  6. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  7. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time: I've just noticed that in my Users/'Me'/Favorites/Downloads folder that every file apart desktop.ini has had its Date Modified changed to 28/09/2021 at 11:38.I very rarely even access this folder, it seems to be MS Edge temporary storage used when I download from a website.I...
  8. Date Modified of all files in Downloads Folder changed to be the same date and time

9. Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified

Downloads Folder - Grouping by Date Modified: Since the Windows update in June, my Downloads folder is grouping by date modified. I have changed this in File Explorer, but I can't see how to change it when I am saving a file. For instance, if I download an update or a new app, I usually save it to a folder in...
  10. Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?

Sort by 'Date Modified' but keep folders at the top?: After installing the new update, I cannot sort my files by Date Modified (recent files first) and have my folders first before my recent files like I used to. They go straight after all my files. The only way I can get the files to the top is if I sort by Date Modified...