Windows 10: Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image?

Discus and support Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 running Windows 10 home edition. As I said I rebooted my computer back to the factory image and I still can not switch off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JoseSuarezOR, Feb 5, 2020.

1. Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image?

I have a Dell Inspiron 3542 running Windows 10 home edition. As I said I rebooted my computer back to the factory image and I still can not switch off the Airplane Mode.

It happened for no apparent reason while I was on the computer. Suddenly I had no internet connection. At first I got a Globe icon but when I started to fiddle around and clicked the Airplane Icon it hasn't gone ever since. I checked on the Device Manager and my wifi card is being detected. I tried to run the trouble shooter and it says that my Wi-Fi utility is turned off but when it tries to turn it on it fails. I tried uninstalling the wifi driver and the Airplane Mode switch driver restarted my computer and the Wi-Fi symbol with an asterisk appeared for a second and went back to the Airplane. Now I've connected my laptop with a cable directly into the modem after a while I noticed that I lost connection for a second and when the airplane appeared for a couple seconds and went back to the network !. Then I went to Dell's website where I ran a hardware test and it came out clean. I've run out of ideas, please help.

PS

I don't know if this is related but I've tried to connect my cel Samsung J7 thru USB and the computer won't even detect the connection. I tried the USB with a pen drive and it worked fine.

:)

JoseSuarezOR, Feb 5, 2020
  2. MGM1981 Win User

Airplane Mode will not turn off

I tried these steps, as they were the same steps listed in a previous post as well, but no success. Airplane mode is still active, the option to turn it off is inaccessible still, and I'm getting fed up with Microsoft support who've had me on hold well
    over two hours now!

MGM1981, Feb 5, 2020
  3. Airplane mode stuck on. On my desktop

Hi Sturn,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps to disable the Airplane mode.

Step 1: Open Settings, and select or tap on the
    Network & Internet icon.

Step 2. Select or tap on Airplane mode on the left side to turn
    on or off Airplane mode on the right side.

I also suggest you to run the Internet Connections troubleshooter and check

• Type Troubleshooting in the search box
      and Hit Enter.
    • Click View all from the left pane and select Network and Internet and select the Internet connections \Network adapter troubleshooter and follow the on-screen instructions.
    Refer the links for further reference.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/what-is-airplane-mode

also refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-id/windows-10/turn-on-airplane-mode

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image?

airplane mode

Hi Josette,

The challenge that you are experiencing with your computer's airplane mode can occur due to several reasons, such as corrupted system files. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any significant changes to your computer before the issue started? When did the issue start?
    • What are the exact troubleshooting steps that you've taken so far? This is for us to avoid providing the same steps.
    • Is the option to turn off airplane mode grayed out?

We look forward to your response.

Joshua Her1, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image?

1. Why is the Airplane Mode still active even after I rebooted with a factory image? - Similar Threads - Why Airplane Mode

2. WiFi still working even tho airplane mode is on? Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WiFi still working even tho airplane mode is on? Why?: I’m having the same issue right right now. I’m on the Internet and I’ll even film it so approve it and I’m not connected to ethernet. I’m on Wi-Fi Internet and yeah sure is on there. Airplane mode on airplanes right there in the corner and I’m scrolling in the Internet I’m on...
  3. WiFi still working even tho airplane mode is on? Why?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WiFi still working even tho airplane mode is on? Why?: I’m having the same issue right right now. I’m on the Internet and I’ll even film it so approve it and I’m not connected to ethernet. I’m on Wi-Fi Internet and yeah sure is on there. Airplane mode on airplanes right there in the corner and I’m scrolling in the Internet I’m on...
  4. WiFi still working even tho airplane mode is on? Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  6. Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?

Airplane mode is ON but still able to connect to WIFI?: I have question regarding Airplane mode in Windows 11. I run some test and it shows that even I'm in airplane mode I can still connect to the Wifi connection is it a new feature for windows 11?...
  7. why I cant turn off airplane mode.

why I cant turn off airplane mode.: why I cant turn off airplane mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-turn-off-airplane-mode/225c3ab7-4733-4deb-9b8c-07621f483605
  8. why I cant turn off airplane mode.

why I cant turn off airplane mode.: why I cant turn off airplane mode. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-cant-turn-off-airplane-mode/225c3ab7-4733-4deb-9b8c-07621f483605
  9. Airplane Mode after Update

Airplane Mode after Update: Windows update has caused airplane mode to default on. I am unable to turn it off. I have tried the usual Fn Keys. I cannot use toggles in settings. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/airplane-mode-after-update/d241dfaa-aa39-4a2f-9907-0f15836b5fe0
  10. why cant i turn off airplane mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    why cant i turn off airplane mode: why cant i turn off airplane mode https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-turn-off-airplane-mode/b617432a-1cde-494c-b6ab-03bc7fbcd812