Windows 10: Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

Discus and support Why is the bottom half of my screen black? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by thailend19, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

Suddenly, all the icons, browser, E-mail and virtually any internet or OS folders are shoved to the top half of my screen. I tried restore, settings, but got nowhere. I turned the PC on and off, still nothing.

:)

thailend19, Mar 14, 2016

2. Lost the bottom half of my screen after 10 upgrade

Windows 10, 64 bit upgrade from Windows 7, 64 bit. I have lost the bottom half of my screen, it's now black. The top half is problematic, as when I open anything, I cannot access it, as it's hidden due to only the bottom half of the "active screen" showing.
    Is there a remedy for this?

Thanks.

Eurasian Kingfisher, Mar 14, 2016
  3. Lost the bottom half of my screen after 10 upgrade

Well, unfortunately there are several other problems with this supposedly all singing, all dancing Windows 10. It recognises my USB3 card, then it does not. It wiped my Windows 7 backups. It has a problem which it does not recognise. (See below) It recognised
    my external hard drive management sysyem. It then downloaded an update, now there are problems with the "LaCie desktop manager."

"The last backup did not complete sucessfully." NO backups in Windows 10 have completed sucessfully.
    There are no faults showing in my external backup hard drive.

"Unusual condition was encountered during finalization of a backup cycle for configuration."

Event log online help :- We're sorry

There is no additional information about this issue in the Error and Event Log Messages or Knowledge Base databases at this time. You can use the links in the Support area to determine whether any additional information might be available elsewhere.

Still not impressed. Come back Windows 95.

Regards

M Watson

Eurasian Kingfisher, Mar 14, 2016
  4. Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

cflusflwfl, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Thanks.; I fiddled around with different ideas, then, by chance, I clicked the cursor to the dividing line and dragged the black portion down to the bottom of the screen and that seemed to work...

thailend19, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Why is the bottom half of my screen black?

1. Why is the bottom half of my screen black? - Similar Threads - Why bottom half

2. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: When ever I switch to 144hz my bottom half of the screen goes dark and flickers see picture . So when I take a screenshot for example nothing shows up on the Screenshot or when I display my screen during a call, the people on the call cannot see it, which means its more of a...
  3. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: When ever I switch to 144hz my bottom half of the screen goes dark and flickers see picture . So when I take a screenshot for example nothing shows up on the Screenshot or when I display my screen during a call, the people on the call cannot see it, which means its more of a...
  4. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: Following a similar problem that was reported a few years before."I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple...
  5. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen

Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen: Following a similar problem that was reported a few years before."I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple...
  6. The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix]

in Windows 10 News
    The bottom half of screen is black on my laptop [Fix]: [IMG]Is the bottom half of the screen black on your Windows laptop? If yes, you can use the fixes provided in this article to resolve the issue. Several users experienced this problem with their laptop screens. Such types of display problems most probably indicate that there...
  7. Black bar at the bottom of my screen

Black bar at the bottom of my screen: Hello, I have an issue regarding my desktop in Windows 10. A month ago, I noticed the bottom of my screen had a blue/green tint to it. It didn't bother me much, so I ignored it. A couple days ago a black bar below the blue/green tint came up. I can still interact with my...
  8. Black Bar at bottom of my screen

Black Bar at bottom of my screen: I bought this gaming laptop about 2 years ago, about 5-6 months ago I have started having some issues with my computer screen.I have this black bar that is non-transparent, and is slowly getting bigger and bigger.When I unplug my gaming laptop, and it activates the "Battery...
  9. Bottom half of screen is blue/gray

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bottom half of screen is blue/gray: Hi all, The bottom half of my Dell XPS 13 9350, Windows 10 screen has recently gone funky--it started out as an opaque blue, and has since become more of a gray. I usually can't see the mouse behind it, but I'm still able to open the Start menu if I click in that corner....
  10. Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Screen Flickering At The Half Bottom Of The Screen.: I have a strange problem where the bottom 1/2" of my screen began flickering suddenly. I have already disabled all background apps, switched to the basic screen driver, and restarted my computer multiple times. The flicker is where the task bar normally sits, but I've move...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. bottom half of screen black

2. windows 10 half top screen black

3. half of my screen is black

4. bottom half of screen is black windows 10,
  5. why is half of my screen black,
  6. windows 10 bottom half black,
  7. bottom half of my phone screen is blacked out,
  8. windows bottom half of screen broken,
  9. the bottom half of my computer screen is dark,
  10. the bottom of my screen is black,
  11. black bottom half windows 10,