Windows 10: Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...

Discus and support Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Just found out today that when I right clicked on my Desktop for no reason old habit the context menu is showing up on the left side of my cursor. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lukman_Hakim, Jun 25, 2022.

1. Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...

Just found out today that when I right clicked on my Desktop for no reason old habit the context menu is showing up on the left side of my cursor. This also happens on File Explorer.[VIDEO]: Desktop & File Explorer Context MenuI'm not sure if this is caused by me updating my Windows, or my GeForce Driver. I did both a few days ago.Weirdly enough, this appears to only happen on Desktop and File Explorer. When I try to open context menu on other applications, e.g. inside Chrome or Microsoft Word, the context menu is showing on the right side of the cursor as per usual.[VIDEO]: Context Menu

:)

Lukman_Hakim, Jun 25, 2022

2. Desktop context menu not work when right click mouse over Drive on File Explorer

After I opened File Explorer and highlighted drive C, I right clicked my mouse and expected the context menu would be displayed. However, it waited for a while and the whole desktop restarted.

If I clicked 'This PC' on the left panel of File Explorer, and on the right hand panel, right click the mouse over any of the devices like C:, I could open the context menu.

Why it failed on the left panel of File Explorer?

Sam Hotmail, Jun 25, 2022
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

Thanks popeye
    Step 5 in that post will not work in Windows 10 so here's an update.
    Please download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu Also put a check marks on the items as shown below.

Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of... [​IMG]

3. On the list are the Shell Extensions with pink background, installed by the third party programs
    4. Hold down SHIFT Key, click on first item & then on last item to select ALL then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    5. CTRL+ALT+DELETE->Task Manager->File->Run New Task and type explorer->OK
    6. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 5 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2022
  4. topgundcp Win User

Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...

File Explorer crashes after Right Click in Desktop

Download: ShellExView - Shell Extension Manager For Windows
    NOTE: download version 1.97 or later, else Restart Explorer won't work in step 4

1. This program does not require installation, just right click and run as Administrator
    2. From the menu, click on Options then click on Filter by Extension Type and select Context Menu. Also put check marks as shown

Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of... [​IMG]
    3. Click on the screen, Hold down CTRL Key+A to select all then click on the red button on top left corner to disable all.
    4. Click on the Options again and select Restart Explorer
    5. Now try to right click on desktop to see if it fixes your problem. If it does then start to enable one by one and repeat step 4 until the problem occurs again, that's the offending extension.

topgundcp, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...

1. Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of... - Similar Threads - Why Desktop File

2. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left click pops up context menu: Whenever I left-click, the context menu pops up and it isn't very pleasant, I've looked into the primary clicking thing, and switch primary and secondary buttons, It's like I have two right clicks on one mouse and it's really messing with how I do things....
  3. Left click pops up context menu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Left click pops up context menu: Whenever I left-click, the context menu pops up and it isn't very pleasant, I've looked into the primary clicking thing, and switch primary and secondary buttons, It's like I have two right clicks on one mouse and it's really messing with how I do things....
  4. right side of context menu not showing properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right side of context menu not showing properly: Hey guys. The right side of my contextright click menu is having issues when I right click on programs, apps and certain file formats but not when I right click on folders.It also glitches on certain occasions with folders too.I also have the latest windows updates and...
  5. right side of context menu not showing properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    right side of context menu not showing properly: Hey guys. The right side of my contextright click menu is having issues when I right click on programs, apps and certain file formats but not when I right click on folders.It also glitches on certain occasions with folders too.I also have the latest windows updates and...
  6. Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...: Just found out today that when I right clicked on my Desktop for no reason old habit the context menu is showing up on the left side of my cursor. This also happens on File Explorer.[VIDEO]: Desktop & File Explorer Context MenuI'm not sure if this is caused by me updating my...
  7. Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the Desktop/File Explorer CONTEXT MENU right click showing up on the LEFT SIDE of...: Just found out today that when I right clicked on my Desktop for no reason old habit the context menu is showing up on the left side of my cursor. This also happens on File Explorer.[VIDEO]: Desktop & File Explorer Context MenuI'm not sure if this is caused by me updating my...
  8. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  9. Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up

in Windows 10 Support
    Right Click on Desktop Context Menu take a long time to show up: Hello everyone, I have a strange problem where my PC would idle and take a long time for the Contextual Menu to show up when I Right Click on a blank space on the Desktop. It literally take about 10 - 15 seconds for the Menu to show up. After that it is fast again. Then...
  10. Right click context menu for explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Right click context menu for explorer: Trying to create a Right click context menu for explorer. I used to be able to launch VLC mediaplayer by right clicking on a Video_ts folder and chose play with VLC, seems to have gone for some reason...tried a few programs to help me with this but no luck yet....just tried...