Windows 10: Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?

Discus and support Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi gurus, Need help to fix this problem. 1 I have setup a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OS. 2 But in the File Explorer, the the Documents... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Taijiboy, Mar 31, 2020.

1. Taijiboy Win User

Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''?

Hi gurus,

Need help to fix this problem.

1 I have setup a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OS.

2 But in the File Explorer, the the Documents folder under ''This PC'' is the Documents folder in OneDrive. It's not the local Documents that is local in the hard drive of the PC. There is already a OneDrive group that has this Documents folder.

3 This is causing confusion. How can I change the ''This PC \Documents'' to be the one that is residing locally in the hard drive and not the one in OneDrive?

Thank you!

:)

Taijiboy, Mar 31, 2020
  2. Micah Bat Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Since the only folder that has incorrect file path is the Documents folder under This PC, we would suggest you do the same steps provided above. However, do it in your Documents folder under This PC. To do so, kindly follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer
    • Click This PC
    • Right-click on Documents
    • Click Properties
    • Click Location
    • Click Restore Default
    • Click Apply
    • Click OK
    Also, we would like to inform you that "winhelponline.com" is not associated with Microsoft.

Let us know how it goes.

Micah Bat, Mar 31, 2020
  3. jmidd88 Win User
    Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have with it is that when I signed in to OneDrive it shows under "This PC" the Documents, Pictures folders from OneDrive instead of the folders from the %userprofile% location. I have set up under Auto Save in OneDrive settings for This PC only but it still shows the OneDrive folders. Is there any way to fix the problem?

I've taken a screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''? [​IMG]

jmidd88, Mar 31, 2020
  4. CP2009 Win User

Documents/Pictures folders under 'This PC' refer to onedrive - not the local folders

Thank you for the quick response, Micah.

My documents are already being saved to 'This PC only'.

The Documents folder in the libraries is correct (local drive).

The Documents folder in the quick access area is correct (local drive).

The only thing that is incorrect is the documents folder under 'This PC'?

Also is 'winhelponline.com' affiliated with Microsoft?

Thanks again

CP2009, Mar 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is the Documents folder in OneDrive showing up in ''This PC''? - Similar Threads - Why Documents folder

2. folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?: I recently moved all my files from an old laptop running windows 10 to a new laptop running windows 11. Actually, I didn't do it myself, I let a store Staples do it. In the original laptop, I wanted some folders to be backed up to OneDrive, so I moved them to be subfolders of...
  3. folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    folder shows up in Onedrive in 2 places - why?: I recently moved all my files from an old laptop running windows 10 to a new laptop running windows 11. Actually, I didn't do it myself, I let a store Staples do it. In the original laptop, I wanted some folders to be backed up to OneDrive, so I moved them to be subfolders of...
  4. Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why are my Desktop, Documents folder and Pictures folder in Onedrive: H.i just install windows10 on new machine and loaded my files. When I loaded the files to the documents folder they stated to sync to OneDrive. I have turned off Sync in Onedrive but if I log on to OneDrive it starts to sync again.The Desktop, the Documents folder and the...
  5. This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder

This PC > Documents Leads to OneDrive folder: My main documents folder is routing me to the OneDrive folder even after unlinking OneDrive from my computer completely. I tried going through Properties and Location to restore the default location of this folder, to no avail. Instead I'm getting an error that says, "Can't...
  6. Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?

Why can't OneDrive back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder?: I get this error message with screaming red text in the "Manage folders backup" dialog of OneDrive settings. We can't back up Quick Notes.one in the Documents folder. To continue, follow the steps to move this OneNote notebook to OneDrive, move it to a location outside your...
  7. Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?

Why are folders in PC (Documents, Desktop, ...) located in users/OneDrive folder as default ?: Why are This PC folders like Documents or Pictures located in users/OneDrive folder as default location ? When I open the Documents folder properties, the target location is stored in users/.../OneDrive/Documents. Thank you [ATTACH]...
  8. Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC

Documents folder replaced by OneDrive documents in This PC: I am setting up a new installation of Windows 10 Pro v.1809. When I opened Windows Explorer, under This PC, the usual Documents folder has been replaced by OneDrive Documents. I have not done anything to cause this - it was somehow a result of the installation. Below is...
  9. Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents and Pictures on This PC are showing the OneDrive folders: Hello. I am new to the forums and I just bought a brand new Lenovo G51 laptop less than a week ago. It is a nice computer and the only problem I have with it is that when I signed in to OneDrive it shows under "This PC" the Documents, Pictures folders from OneDrive instead of...
  10. OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.

in Windows 10 Support
    OneDrive documents folder and the real documents folder.: I didn't find an answer to this exact question. Windows 10 Home 1511 x64 clean install. In the left pane of File Explorer there is a Documents folder which points to my OneDrive folder and contains almost nothing (just a few folders that programs created). Under my username...