Windows 10: Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it?

Discus and support Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/lgthanatos [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lgthanatos, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it?

/u/lgthanatos, Jan 18, 2021

2. Problem with Explorer and file dialogs

I'm having a problem with File Explorer and with file dialogs. It is similar to some of those reported here but also there are differences in some respects.

• Windows 10, up-to-date.
    • Problem began after the February "patch Tuesday" update.
    • Appears randomly--slightly less frequently since the March update, but still occurring. Sometimes when machine is first started.
    • Symptoms are that File Explorer windows sit indefinitely saying "Working on it", same applies to file dialogs too.
    • Also Google Chrome becomes very slow at loading web pages: > 5 minutes, but Edge is not affected.
    • Restarting Explorer does NOT work, but restarting the computer does--BUT restarting takes much longer than usual, again >= 5 minutes.
    Any suggestions? This computer came with Windows 10, so I cannot revert to an earlier version.

I have to say that Windows 10 is by far the least reliable version I've encountered. Even free, it isn't good value!

Dr David Gee, Jan 18, 2021
  3. alone Win User
    Display langage reverted back

I followed the suggested actions: everything OK from step 1. and I attach as requested the output for step 2.

Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it? [​IMG]

for convenience I attach the google translation

Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it? [​IMG]

I'm ready to act following suggestions (if any) before...going through the restore (please don't misunderstand, I'm not looking forward doing it).

I appreciate in any case your help

alone, Jan 18, 2021
  4. Jelo Sen Win User

Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it?

Uploading Image Files dialog box not including JPEG files

Hello,

If you have a jpeg 2000 file format it will not work with Internet Explorer due to incompatibility or security reasons.

We suggests that you try the steps below:

Method 1: Reset zones to default

• On Internet explorer > Go to Tools.
    • Click Security > Click on Reset all zones to default level

Method 2:

• Go to the website you want to upload the files.
    • Click on Tools drop down.
    • Choose Compatibility View Settings > Then add the website.
    • Refresh the page and try to upload the files again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Jan 18, 2021
Thema:

Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it?

1. Why is the file dialog so huge? How do I revert it? - Similar Threads - Why file dialog

2. How do I revert CRU

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I revert CRU: Recently I downloaded cru to change my monitors resolution. After changing it I didnt end up liking the resolutions so I tried changing it back to native but it stayed at 60hz. I followed the steps on a google doc and got it back to my monitors regular resolution and hz....
  3. How do I revert CRU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I revert CRU: Recently I downloaded cru to change my monitors resolution. After changing it I didnt end up liking the resolutions so I tried changing it back to native but it stayed at 60hz. I followed the steps on a google doc and got it back to my monitors regular resolution and hz....
  4. why do i have so many of these in my file folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do i have so many of these in my file folder: i have like 75 of these in my file folder is it a virus i had a bad virus that i a comp guy got rid of i dont know if this is some left or something...
  5. Why do I have so many files to scan

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do I have so many files to scan: I have so many files 386,000+ that it takes a long time to scan. Why do I have so many files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-do-i-have-so-many-files-to-scan/7770e9bd-7db2-4fc7-b53e-d3d3a6ba5c0b
  6. Desktop Icons are Huge - How do I resize?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icons are Huge - How do I resize?: I just did a fresh install of Windows10 and everything was good until a few minutes ago. All of a sudden I noticed my desktop icons are huge. How do I resize them back to a normal size? Thanks...
  7. I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I opened a jar file with notepad accidently how do I revert that: So I was trying to play with me friend and I needed to get a mod downloader for the game we were gonna play together so blah blah blah I downloaded the zip file extracted all and then tried to open the jar file but a window popped up and asked me how I wanted to open this...
  8. Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why are the icons so stretched? How do I fix this: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/evoburpy [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eh93yh/why_are_the_icons_so_stretched_how_do_i_fix_this/
  9. Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE

in Windows 10 Customization
    Save As Dialog Box Scaling is HUGE: Hi, When I try to do 'Save As' in Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134 Build 17134), I get a dialog box that is super sized. Not just the size of the box but the size of the text and the icons are twice the size of my resolution in the background as in below screen shot. How do I fix...
  10. How Do I Activate The Confirmation Dialog For Read-Only Files?

in Windows 10 Support
    How Do I Activate The Confirmation Dialog For Read-Only Files?: Hello, in Windows XP there used to be a confirmation dialog that pops up whenever you try to rename a Read-Only file or folder. Whatever happened to this dialog box? It was very useful and should've stayed on by default as Windows developed more. If I don't want that...