Windows 10: Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...

Discus and support Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; | +___Hi. | +___We have noticed that the "File History" Static Software Application is not working (again). | +___We are currently struggling with the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DOBRESCUMihai19, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...

|
    +___Hi.
    |
    +___We have noticed that the "File History" Static Software Application is not working (again).
    |
    +___We are currently struggling with the "Microsoft" "Windows" "10" "RedStone" 64-Bit Non-N Operating System.
    |
    +___Great Success has been registered while Fully and Cleanly Reinstalling the whole Operating System from time to time. It is recurrently retrashing itself for reasons that are beyond our Mere Human Understanding. The Overall Retrashing Period of Time that gets spent between Subsequent Clean Reinstallation Software Procedures depends on Various Factors.
    |
    +___The Current Operating System Image is still usable, though, and even Quite Nicely. Most of the Static Software Applications are currently working Very Fine.
    |
    +___The Latest Clean Reinstallation Software Procedure has involved the Deletion of all of the Software Partitions that had been present on the Internal "Winchester" Hard Disk Drive and also the Formatting of the External "Winchester" Hard Disk Drive.
    |
    +___Consequently, this Great Cleansing Process has induced Great Happiness to the States of Most of the Static Software Applications. However, it is not the case of the "File History" Static Software Application.
    |
    +___Currently, it does not want to recognize the External "Winchester" Hard Disk Drive, whatever we are attempting to do to it.
    |
    +___One Interesting Thing is the Fact that the so-called "Clean Reinstallation" Software Procedure does not really get to clean each and every thing, as some things are nowadays kept up there, in the "Microsoft" Account - for instance the Green Color of the Desktop that we are not resetting each and every time and that we are still happily refinding each and every time.
    |
    +___If anyone is interested in discussing the Current State of the "File History" Static Software Application, then they are kindly invited to jot down their thoughts here.
    |
    |

:)

DOBRESCUMihai19, Feb 21, 2019

2. File History is off and won't recognize my external drive

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Let me help you.

• Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

• What is the status when you connect your external driver in your system?

• Have you checked with a different external drive? What is the status?

• Have you tried connecting the drive in a different USB port? What is the status?

I suggest you to disable your third party-software (If any) and check if it resolves the issue.

Important Note: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

Check if it helps.

You can also try turning on file history by following the below procedure and check if it resolves the issue.

To enable file history on Windows 10, connect an external hard drive and follow the steps below:

• Open Start menu and type
      File History

• Click File History (control panel)

• Tap or click Select a drive, and choose the network or external drive you want to use.

• Turn on File History
    Note: If the network drive you want isn’t in the list of available drives, tap or click Show all network locations. If the drive you want isn’t listed there either, open File History in Control Panel, tap or click Add
    a network location, and follow the instructions on the screen.

Please reply with the details and updated status of the issue. We will be happy to assist you further.

Aswin_Anand, Feb 21, 2019
  3. ALN
    ALN Win User
    Windows10 File History Stopped Backing Up

Steve. Thanks for the info! Since re-setting the Options in FH seems to have fixed it, I plan to leave well enough alone. But will definitely try your suggestion if it quits working again.

On a more general question: Is there a better Auto Backup application than File History? I don't care about historical versions of any files - only current version in case my hard drive fails. I prefer it to be on my external hard drive (not cloud), and free is always good!

4. Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...

File History never copies anything

Hi,

Temporary system failure is one of the possible reasons why this issue is happening. To help resolve the issue, we suggest deleting the files in the USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > Update & Security > Backup > More Options.
    • Click Stop using this drive.
    • Delete the File History folder on your external drive.
    • Try again to add the USB drive to backup File History.
    Keep us in the loop with the result.

Martin Bar, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External...

1. Why Is The "File History" Static Software Application Currently Not Seeing the External... - Similar Threads - Why File History

2. Why I do not see in File history my last backup?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why I do not see in File history my last backup?: Why I do not see in File history my last backup? The backup was completed and there is enough place on the disk https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-do-not-see-in-file-history-my-last-backup/59558eea-133d-42af-88a9-9770eb7a3d49
  3. File/application history

in Windows 10 Customization
    File/application history: Hi, is it possible to find what applications were used at a specific time on your computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fileapplication-history/3a638afb-c1bc-4cdf-925c-9ccd4ee82185
  4. File History can't see external hard drive

File History can't see external hard drive: File History can no longer see my external hard drive, 4tb WD My Passport. I have used this drive previously with file history on this very computer and on my laptop so I know it can work. A little while ago I decided to temporarily stop using File History, but now when I try...
  5. external hard drive. Why won't file manager see it.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard drive. Why won't file manager see it.: I want to see what,s in my hard drive but when I power the external drive on no G: is shown in the file manager. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-why-wont-file-manager-see-it/315d1b36-4929-4491-90ec-f5f3cc509684
  6. Cannot see File History in backup to external drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot see File History in backup to external drive: Hello, I use a WD My Passport to do backups for my HP laptop. I use Windows 10 Home edition. When I did a backup recently, I did not see my File History in there. It just showed a System/Disk? image on the backup drive and some other file ending in .cat. I keep all of my...
  7. Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?

in Cortana
    Why Does The "NotePad++" Static Software Application Start?: | | | +___ Hi, Members of the "Microsoft Answers" Community. | +___ We would like first to thank all of the Teams of Moderators of this Web-Site for enabling us to post again on it. Although Profiles Merging is not possible yet on it, we are Quite Proud that we are again able...
  8. External USB HDD and file history

External USB HDD and file history: I have been trying to find the way to disconnect my drive after a backup has run. I do not want the drive to be connected all the time but just connect it a few times a day or when anything major changes. I have noticed that the external drive runs even when there is no...
  9. File manager application software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File manager application software: Windows default file manager application has some limitations. I'm looking for a free file manager application which will have the features of the default file explorer as well as the following - Total size (currently it is available by right clicking the folder) will be...
  10. File History with 2 external HDDs

in Windows 10 Support
    File History with 2 external HDDs: I currently do File History with 1 external HDD as everyone else does. I have a spare external HDD that is just gathering dust. I wonder if I could do File History with 2 external HDDs? Will I run into trouble if I did? The idea is that I could do File History with the 2...