Windows 10: Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

Discus and support Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Milennin, Aug 4, 2016.

1. Milennin Win User

Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this?

:)

Milennin, Aug 4, 2016
  2. rockydean Win User

Outlook Mail and Window 10 Mail Are Not In Sync

So are you telling me that Windows 10 Mail is not reliable ? That is the way it appears since I now am not getting any new emails there. Outlook Mail seems to be working ok.

This problem with Windows 10 Mail just started about 1 week ago. I had always be using it, rather than Outlook Mail. Why am I now having this problem ?

So should I forget about using Windows 10 Mail and always use Outlook Mail ?

By the way, the link (Outlook uservoice) is not valid (can't display page).

rockydean, Aug 4, 2016
  3. nutmix Win User
    when you install outlook on windows 10, how do you get rid of mail app which is configured without your knowlege?

Until now, i have never configured windows built in mail app, I have always just setup outlook, and life was good.

Unfortunately, on my new laptop, MS saw fit to automatically setup the noddy mail app with my email without my asking.

Now when I get a new email, both mail and outlook notify me - I have duplicate email programs.

This must be a very common problem? If so, why, when you install outlook, does it not automatically neuter the built in mail app?

Anyone know how do i "unconfigure" or otherwise get rid of the mail app? I see that people are saying dont get rid of the now useless mail app because it breaks other stuff?

nutmix, Aug 4, 2016
  4. Holmes Win User

I agree, the new Outlook is slower, regardless if I'm using Edge or IE. Each mouse click is much slower. Even just moving my mouse down the list of messages is a slow experience. As I hover over a message, the message is supposed to highlight, but it takes too long to highlight it. This causes a significant delay when I try to click and open a message.

I have deleted temp files and cache, but that did not help. I have also tried disabling and re-installing AdBlock Plus, but that did not help either.

Holmes, Aug 20, 2016
Thema:

1. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow? - Similar Threads - Why Outlook Mail

2. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  3. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  6. Why is my new desktop running so slow???

Why is my new desktop running so slow???: I have a Dell inspiron 5490 AIO all in one computer, it has 16GB of RAM, 512 GB of SSD, with an intel core i7 10th gen processor. It should all be running fast and working well, but when I try to do basic things like open support assist and download add ons to origin, I get a...
  7. Outlook Mail Very Slow

Outlook Mail Very Slow: A few weeks ago, I noticed my Outlook mail was VERY slow. When I bring up mail, the main screen comes up fairly soon. When I click on the Inbox, or any of the Folders, and then click on one the mail entries, I get a blank or partial screen for a long time. I have...
  8. Why so slow???

Why so slow???: I just got this PC and it's very slow. I scroll, it lags, I click, it lags. Even when I press the settings, it lags. My internet connection isn't the problem (My other PC that is very old, works much better) If anybody could, please help. And I can't play games nor scroll...
  9. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?: When I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, I started using the built-in Windows 10 Mail app. It's got a nice user interface. However, I'm finding that it takes FOREVER to sync. Well... around 10 minutes. I have 3 Gmail accounts and one Time Warner Cable account. All IMAP...
  10. why so slow?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    why so slow?: i have a brand new computer with windows 10 installed and it took over 12 hours to download a 100MB file, plus it cannot stream. Its like I'm on a dial up connection, except at adsl2 prices. Its incredibly frustrating and clearly the reason why apple always comes out on top....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why outlook sync slower than thunderbird