Windows 10: Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?

Discus and support Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MMXWHI, Nov 25, 2022.

1. MMXWHI Win User

Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?

Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?

:)

MMXWHI, Nov 25, 2022
  2. Yaqub K Win User

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Nov 25, 2022
  3. Displaying Cortana search area with small taskbar icons

Hi,

My Windows' version is 1709 (OS version 16299.125)

I did not make any changes nor received any error messages but I know that when you switch the taskbar icons from "Normal" to "Small" the Cortana search area which is displayed in the taskbar vanishes. I just would like to know if it can be displayed again
    in the taskbar while using small icons (modification in the registry for example).

Best regards,

Phil.

netphilou31, Nov 25, 2022
  4. Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?

How to return sound/volume icon to taskbar on Windows 10 version 1907

Hi,

The icons in the taskbar can be modified based on your liking. In your case, there's a possibility that the show icon for volume is turned off or recent changes have occurred on your PC such as new updates caused the volume to disappear from the taskbar.
    For us to better assist you, we would like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any recent changes or installed updates prior to the issue?
    • What is the current build of your Windows 10 version 1709 device? To check, type
      winver in the search bar and press Enter.

To check if your volume icon is on or off, follow the steps below:

• Open the Settings app.
    • Click on Personalization.
    • Go to Taskbar tab and click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Check the Volume icon status.

Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ? d6d028e5-214f-4492-9dad-3e7a31d78456.png

We will wait for your response.

Jennifer Cha, Nov 25, 2022
Thema:

1. Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ? - Similar Threads - Why search icon

2. Is this a new feature when searching windows 10 after the last update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is this a new feature when searching windows 10 after the last update?: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/caj4due52x0b1.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=51a878d09c03c208e33640ffb59ee5b4cdaad3ae submitted by /u/Cool1Mach [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/13mi6r0/is_this_a_new_feature_when_searching_windows_10/
  3. Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ?: Why is the new search icon not displayed in the taskbar after update Windows to last version ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-new-search-icon-not-displayed-in-the/5fea2592-3f33-49f3-a8bc-ad563e165614
  4. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  5. No weather icon in taskbar after new update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    No weather icon in taskbar after new update: Hello everyone,After installing the new update KB5010414, no new weather icon appeared on the left of the taskbar. I have tried these steps to solve these problem :Disable task from the taskbarReinsall Windows Feature Experience Pack from powershellReinstall the KB5010414...
  6. No new icons after version 2004 update

in Windows 10 Customization
    No new icons after version 2004 update: Hello, everyone... I have a question related to an array of new icons recently introduced to Windows 10. Speaking frankly, I really like to see the new appearance of Windows 10's icons as I've seen in Youtube and several websites. Because of this, I then decided to update my...
  7. The taskbar icons aren't responsive after the last windows 10 update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The taskbar icons aren't responsive after the last windows 10 update.: Am I alone or somebody else has been affected by the last update? Taskbar icons (search, audio, network, and date aren't responsive after the last windows 10 update. Please advice....
  8. Display problem after last update

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display problem after last update: Yesterday the update 10586.104 left some weird happenings on the display. along the right hand side the upper and lower corners are darker and in the middle it much brighter. its like the login screen with window showing a bright light when you start up did not seem to...
  9. Missing "search" icon from taskbar & other issues after last update

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing "search" icon from taskbar & other issues after last update: Hi All, After the recent 'Anniversary Update', I noticed that several things have either gone missing, or need to be re-set. The first thing I noticed was that the icon for "Search", (the little magnifying glass icon), is missing from my taskbar. How do I get it back? The...
  10. search icon on taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    search icon on taskbar: I have both desktop and laptop set up on 10. The desktop has "Search the web and Windows" on the task bar. It's not on the laptop. How do I get it. Thanks. 24297