Windows 10: Why is the new windows media player so much worse?

Discus and support Why is the new windows media player so much worse? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I've just been surprised by an update to the Windows media player, which I use to listen to music.its categorization used to obey whatever the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CryoEngineer, Jun 2, 2023.

1. Why is the new windows media player so much worse?

I've just been surprised by an update to the Windows media player, which I use to listen to music.its categorization used to obey whatever the folder had, which mine was set to "Date Created"; but now it only has that "sort by" bar which only has "date added" and all the usual. They also decreased the font for some reason which is now hard to read.the newly tacked-on *better* video player is genuinely awful, it fails to play the video 80% of the time if it doesn't crash outright and only gives audio, and when it does manage to play, it can't go to another video as the buttons don't work and

:)

CryoEngineer, Jun 2, 2023

2. New Windows Media Player Plugin for Firefox

Anyone who uses Windows Vista and Mozilla Firefox may be pleased to hear that the Windows Media Player team has now released a plugin for Firefox that should allow the browser to play WMP content on websites. Here are the steps to get it working:
    • Installation of the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin may require administrative access to your PC. It is recommended that you close all other open browser windows before continuing with the installation.
    • Click the Install button to automatically download and install the Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin.
    • Depending on your security settings, you may see a Security Warning dialog box. Click Install to install the plugin.
    There is a known issue if you are using Firefox version 2.0.0.3 on Windows Vista with the installer failing with error code -203. To work around this simply restart Firefox (you will get a notification that Windows Vista will be changing the Firefox compatibility settings) and then install again - the second time should succeed.

The download is available here, and the new plugin works on all versions of Windows XP and Windows Vista (although it is mostly intended for Vista, as that currently has no WMP support in Firefox).

Source: Windows Vista Blog

Jimmy 2004, Jun 2, 2023
  3. Faulty Windows Media Player

Windows Mesdis Player developed a fault (Played jerky an missed bits) so I down loaded Media Player 10.

It's no better. Any suggestions (I run Windows 98)

christieau, Jun 2, 2023
  4. Why is the new windows media player so much worse?

HELP! Windows Media Player Problem

How to delete the recent play list from Windows Media Player - Microsoft Support

that covers up to version 10... let me see if its diffrent for the newer versions

EDit:

here is how to clear the frequent list.
    http://www.blogsdna.com/4086/how-to...edia-player-12-frequent-list-in-windows-7.htm

and here is how to clear the history
    http://www.downloadatoz.com/essenti...ar-the-windows-media-player-12-history_g.html

and from the last link is the same error where you can just disable it too =)

THRiLL KiLL, Jun 2, 2023
Thema:

Why is the new windows media player so much worse?

1. Why is the new windows media player so much worse? - Similar Threads - Why media player

2. Why is the new windows media player so much worse?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the new windows media player so much worse?: I've just been surprised by an update to the Windows media player, which I use to listen to music.its categorization used to obey whatever the folder had, which mine was set to "Date Created"; but now it only has that "sort by" bar which only has "date added" and all the...
  3. the new media player

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    the new media player: when Microsoft will release the new media player to windows 10?when i downloaded it from Microsoft store i saw it is for videos too but on my computer i can play only music and the app calls Groove Music.thx...
  4. the new media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    the new media player: when Microsoft will release the new media player to windows 10?when i downloaded it from Microsoft store i saw it is for videos too but on my computer i can play only music and the app calls Groove Music.thx...
  5. the new media player

6. Why is my windows media player so slow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my windows media player so slow: Howdy,I am trying to use WMP to organize the files on my mp3 player I use for working out. However, whenever I open the application it is super slow, laggy, and even when I only have local files it does not show my entire music library. I am just trying to create a playlist...
  7. Why is my windows media player so slow

Why is my windows media player so slow: Howdy,I am trying to use WMP to organize the files on my mp3 player I use for working out. However, whenever I open the application it is super slow, laggy, and even when I only have local files it does not show my entire music library. I am just trying to create a playlist...
  8. Why does my new gpu Lagg so much?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my new gpu Lagg so much?: I installed a RTX 3060 into my pc and now when every I alt tab or open a menu in a game my gpu spikes to 100% useage and then I get about 2 fps then for some reason it goes back to only useing 30 to 40% .can someone plaese help this is very anoying and deos not help when I am...
  9. Why does my new gpu Lagg so much?

Why does my new gpu Lagg so much?: I installed a RTX 3060 into my pc and now when every I alt tab or open a menu in a game my gpu spikes to 100% useage and then I get about 2 fps then for some reason it goes back to only useing 30 to 40% .can someone plaese help this is very anoying and deos not help when I am...
  10. Why is everything about this so much worse than windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is everything about this so much worse than windows 7: I want to preface all of this by saying that I've been an A+ certified IT technician, working in the field for the past decade, and I am beyond disappointed in windows 10. every machine ive serviced with it has its quirks, and as such i usually advised my clients to stick...