Windows 10: Why is the only microphone that is showing up my laptop microphone?

Discus and support Why is the only microphone that is showing up my laptop microphone? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; About a week ago I had factory reset my laptop. It is a Dell G5 15. I was using a blue yeti with it perfectly fine for a few days but now I do not have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by nansly, Mar 22, 2023.

1. nansly Win User

Why is the only microphone that is showing up my laptop microphone?

About a week ago I had factory reset my laptop. It is a Dell G5 15. I was using a blue yeti with it perfectly fine for a few days but now I do not have access to it anymore. Now when I try to plug in any pair of headphones, whether it be a gaming headset or some apple earbuds, the only microphone that shows up in any settings I check is the one built into the laptop. No matter what I try I cannot get windows to detect another microphone. The only things that show up in the recording tab in the control panel are Microphone RealtekR Audio and Stereo Mix. I have tried updating my drivers, and e

:)

nansly, Mar 22, 2023
  2. Arun B J Win User

Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Mar 22, 2023
  3. Microphone not showing up

Hi,

Normally, the issue you're getting with the microphone not showing up is caused by compatibility issues or that there are drivers that are not up to date. To isolate your concern, we'd like to know if your microphone was already enabled. To check this, follow
    the steps listed below:

• Right-click on the volume icon and select Recording devices.
    • Right-click on an empty space inside the window and select, Show disconnected devices and
      Show disabled devices.
    • Right-click on Microphone and select Properties and make sure that the microphone is enabled.
    • Check if the other microphone that you are using is set as default.

Feel free to post back for an update and let us know if you need more help.

Eileen Gal, Mar 22, 2023
  4. desgnr Win User

Microphone Problem

Lenovo S210 Touch Laptop ,Windows 10
    My internal Microphone won't work,Tried Everything!
    External Microphone Work's fine!
    Any Suggestion's Appreciated!

desgnr, Mar 22, 2023
Thema:

1. Why is the only microphone that is showing up my laptop microphone? - Similar Threads - Why microphone showing

2. Microphone not showing up at all.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microphone not showing up at all.: Hello, my name is Jackson. I have a mic t hat I'm trying to use with my system but I've plugged it in and it's not showing up at all, if you can help me I'd much appreciate it! I can hear sounds with the mic but I cannot talk on it whatsoever or select it to use....
  3. Microphone shows up as Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Microphone shows up as Output: I have a Windows 11 and I just got a new microphone mic only no audio, when I plugged it in it did not show up in Input this is Settings>System>Sound but only on Output, I wanted to plug the mic into the red jack on the back of the computer but there is not a red jack for mic...
  4. Why is my microphone not picking up on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my microphone not picking up on my laptop?: Hi there, my microphone is not picking up on my laptop - on any of my apps zoom, teams etc. I have done all the tests, chatted to a support worker at Microsoft, had everything updated and installed etc. But still not working. Am trying to get back in touch with Microsoft to...
  5. Why is my microphone not picking up on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my microphone not picking up on my laptop?: Hi there, my microphone is not picking up on my laptop - on any of my apps zoom, teams etc. I have done all the tests, chatted to a support worker at Microsoft, had everything updated and installed etc. But still not working. Am trying to get back in touch with Microsoft to...
  6. Why is my microphone not picking up on my laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Why is the only microphone that is showing up my laptop microphone?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the only microphone that is showing up my laptop microphone?: About a week ago I had factory reset my laptop. It is a Dell G5 15. I was using a blue yeti with it perfectly fine for a few days but now I do not have access to it anymore. Now when I try to plug in any pair of headphones, whether it be a gaming headset or some apple...
  8. Why isn't microphone boost showing up

Why isn't microphone boost showing up: I got a new microphone Blue Yeti and I noticed that microphone boost isn't on there. I was just wondering if anyone knew how to make it show up because I want to use it....
  9. Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized?

Microphone notification shows up but microphone isn't regonized?: When I plug my microphone into my computer a notification shows up saying that a device has been plugged in, but for some reason, in the sound panel, it still says that my microphone isn't plugged in and I can't use it. How do I fix this....
  10. microphone input not showing up

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    microphone input not showing up: my headset microphone input option isint showing anyone know why? submitted by /u/something_awufull200 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i1lyfs/microphone_input_not_showing_up/