Windows 10: why is the only way to reestablish my internet connection to sleep?

Discus and support why is the only way to reestablish my internet connection to sleep? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Recently, when I lose my internet connection and this photograph appears: [img] the ONLY way to get back online is to sleep the computer and start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ironfist, Apr 17, 2020.

1. ironfist Win User

why is the only way to reestablish my internet connection to sleep?

Recently, when I lose my internet connection and this photograph appears:
    why is the only way to reestablish my internet connection to sleep? [​IMG]

the ONLY way to get back online is to sleep the computer and start Windows again. Why? This takes a long time. I can select the network from the list but it will not reconnect. Waiting doesn't work.

This happens on 2 laptops, on 2 networks, in 2 states.

:)

ironfist, Apr 17, 2020

2. Lose Internet Connection after PC Sleeps

Hi Barbara,

To assist you with the issue, kindly follow the steps below:

Step 1. Checking network connection.

• Let your computer sleep and wake it up.
    • Once you see that there is no connection, right click on the Network connection.
    • Choose Troubleshoot problems.
    Get the details of the error and capture the message that will prompt on your screen. It will automatically fix and reset your TCP/IP configuration

Step 2. Running SCF scan.

• Press Win+X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command prompt (admin).
    • Type the command sfc /scannow.
    Get the details of the scan.

Are you having issue accessing the internet on other devices?

Looking forward to your reply.

Angelo Bar, Apr 17, 2020
  3. SUB
    SuB Win User
    Is it possible to share internet connection via remote desktop?

RDP is not capable of Internet sharing, so you can't share Internet using RDP with standard applications. There are many way to share Internet from a Windows box to another one. I suggest you to use VPN. You should do following steps:

1. Run VPN Server on your server with unlimited internet access
    2. Connect to VPN server from your limited computer

4. Sangheili Win User

lossing and reestablishing connection to network

I keep losing and reestablishing connection with my NETGEAR N300 Wireless USB Adapter (version 2.2.0.4), This had been happing in windows7 as well. I tried these steps

Windows 7

• Update driver in device manger
    • uninstall and reinstalled the driver and program
    Now that I have

Windows 10

• Update driver in 10 device manger
    • Software update on Netgear Genie software
    • uninstall and reinstalled the driver and program
    • went to Services to see if the wireless was on auto

I went to log viewer it keeps giving me

Event 10400, NDIS

The network interface "NETGEAR WNA3100 N300 Wireless USB Adapter" has begun resetting. There will be a momentary disruption in network connectivity while the hardware resets.

Reason: The network driver requested that it be reset.

This network interface has reset 29 time(s) since it was last initialized.

(It went down 42 times yesterday which was windows 7)

I also got Event 4042, NCSI messges as well.

Sangheili, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. why is the only way to reestablish my internet connection to sleep? - Similar Threads - why reestablish internet

2. Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.: HelloMy laptop says it is connected to the Internet, however it just loads and doesn't connect. My phone and other devices are connected, and interest works. Help. Also my memory integrity is off, it won't turn on, how to solve this issue? Thank you...
  3. Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Only my laptop won't connect to the Internet.: HelloMy laptop says it is connected to the Internet, however it just loads and doesn't connect. My phone and other devices are connected, and interest works. Help. Also my memory integrity is off, it won't turn on, how to solve this issue? Thank you...
  4. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connected but only kind of.: When I boot up my computer everyhting goes normally and then I can launch and even talk in Discord, but Steam won't connect, Chrome cant complete a search, it is like I have no connection outside of discord really. I am ethernet connected and my network should be more than...
  5. Internet connected but only kind of.

Internet connected but only kind of.: When I boot up my computer everyhting goes normally and then I can launch and even talk in Discord, but Steam won't connect, Chrome cant complete a search, it is like I have no connection outside of discord really. I am ethernet connected and my network should be more than...
  6. Internet connected but only kind of.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity: Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet....
  8. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity: Recently got a new router. According to their customer service, it is not IPV6 Enabled. On my network adapters status shows IPV4 is connected but IPV6 has no network access. I can not access the internet. I’ve tried 3 different types of network adapters including Ethernet....
  9. Connect to internet using only ipv4 connectivity

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. Lost outlook connection, how do you reestablish?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Lost outlook connection, how do you reestablish?: lost connection with outlook, now I need to know how to reestablish that connection. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-outlook-connection-how-do-you-reestablish/cb669d7c-4e3e-47c9-962a-2e3a9d820c96