Windows 10: Why is the power button blinking light

Discus and support Why is the power button blinking light in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Ashlea Borman, Mar 31, 2023.

1. Why is the power button blinking light

The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of home screen or anything like that please help

:)

Ashlea Borman, Mar 31, 2023

2. Press the Start button, blue power light blinks once, accessory lights blink once then nothing

I have a HP Elitebook 8740W running Win 10 Pro. When I press the start button the power light on the front of the laptop comes on for 2 seconds, then the accessory lights across the top of the keyboard blinks once, then nothing happens. The screen is blank.
    If I hold the Start button down, the power light stays on for about 9 seconds then the accessory lights blink and then the screen is blank.

I have removed the battery and power wire, then held down the Start button for 30 seconds. Put the battery back in and the power plug. No change is anything.

The power light does not come on when the laptop is plugged in.

Any ideas on what to do now.

ChuckJernigan1, Mar 31, 2023
  3. BunnyJ Win User
    Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

I thought the same thing. My PC does that.. red light blinks until it's fully shut down.

BunnyJ, Mar 31, 2023
  4. swarfega Win User

Why is the power button blinking light

Power Light blinks before Shutting Down

I thought it was normal for the activity light to continue to blink until its actually off as its doing the shutdown sequence. Also you don't need to sign out before shutting down. Just one less step to do *Biggrin

swarfega, Mar 31, 2023
Thema:

Why is the power button blinking light

1. Why is the power button blinking light - Similar Threads - Why power button

2. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  3. PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC suddenly shutdowns leaving a blinking power button light: When i was playing roblox for 1 hour or longer my pc just shuts off when i checked i noticed my pc is blinking i rebooted it it did not work i thought it was my dvd-rw drive i ejected nothing happened so does someone help me with this?...
  4. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop power button blinking and not reacting: My laptops power button keeps blinking and so do the lights on my mouse when plugged in, yet if I press or hold the power button, the laptop doesn’t react at all, I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery, which didn’t work and the laptop has no way for me to access...
  5. Laptop power button blinking and not reacting

Laptop power button blinking and not reacting: My laptops power button keeps blinking and so do the lights on my mouse when plugged in, yet if I press or hold the power button, the laptop doesn’t react at all, I even tried removing and reinstalling the battery, which didn’t work and the laptop has no way for me to access...
  6. Why is the power button blinking light

Why is the power button blinking light: The power button on my laptop keeps blinking and I'm getting no power however I haven't plugged into the charger and it is indicating that it is charged and the power light on the other side of the laptop is also on indicating that there should be power but Getting atype of...
  7. Power button constantly blinking

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Power button constantly blinking: i remember al my computers did this in the past, i think its just doing to let you know it processing or something like that, the windows pc i now have has a big power button with en led o ring around it. is there anyway to keep the led steady? submitted by /u/swollpug89...
  8. Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Indicator Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicator-light-keeps-blinking-in-ac-power/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  9. Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Power Indicatr Light Keeps Blinking In AC Power.: why does it keep blinking and doesn't know that it is connected to ac power? ***Changed Original Title From: power indicator light*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/power-indicatr-light-keeps-blinking-in-ac-power/1623ccfa-64ae-4bbd-b26e-701842a5b1e9
  10. Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Blinking Yellow Start/ Power On Button: When I shut down my pc at the end of the day it goes off completely and all lights disappear. However, when I start my computer the next day and press the power on button, it turns a blinking yellow and doesn't turn on. I have to turn off the power strip and wait 10 seconds...