Windows 10: Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

Discus and support Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My wifi network adapter keeps turning off after starting up my laptop. I have discovered that windows 11 is turning it off and to turn it back on I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by [GhostRider], Jun 29, 2023.

1. Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

My wifi network adapter keeps turning off after starting up my laptop. I have discovered that windows 11 is turning it off and to turn it back on I need to change a settings in the power management tab which is now missing.How do I turn this tab back on?My wifi card is MediaTek Wi-Fi MT7921 Wireless LAN Card version 3.0.1.1294This happened after the driver was updated to this version the previous version was working fine,I have tried uninstalling it and updating it multiple times and even downloading different versions from different manufactures I have a Asus Tuf A15 Model: FA506ICBIt works f

:)

[GhostRider], Jun 29, 2023

2. Mouse/touch pad and keyboard wakes laptop up and power management tab missing?

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are trying to disable keyboard and touchpad to wake the computer from sleep.

As you are missing the Power Management tab in driver properties, I suggest you to follow the steps provided below and update the keyboard and touchpad drivers.

To update keyboard drivers,

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.
    • Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

To update touchpad drivers,

• Type Device Manager in the Search box and press Enter.
    • Expand Mice and other pointing devices.
    • Right Click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jun 29, 2023
  3. dalchina Win User
    Power Management Tab in Device Manager

Hi, some other ideas:

Please see both #68 (the fix you've tried) and in particular the comment in #69 here:
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

One such thread suggested an old ethernet drive could give rise to the tab missing.

Another suggested:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...1-7cd9a4fe035f

Some threads suggest that anything preventing sleep may conflict with this.

Is the device allowed to wake the PC?
    Allow or Prevent Devices to Wake Computer in Windows 10

dalchina, Jun 29, 2023
  4. ajfudge Win User

Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

Missing Power tab in Device Manager

@EyeInTheSky

I have USB Root Hub (3.0)

Here's my OS info:
    Microsoft Windows 10 Home SL
    Version 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Here are actual screenshots of my Device Manager and USB Root Hub 3.0 Properties

Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home 207344d1538947062t-missing-power-tab-device-manager-usb.png

Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home 207343d1538947009t-missing-power-tab-device-manager-usb-root-hub-properties.png

ajfudge, Jun 29, 2023
Thema:

Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

1. Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home - Similar Threads - Why power management

2. Why is the power management tab missing? Windows 11. Found it!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power management tab missing? Windows 11. Found it!: In a previous string now locked it was recommended to un-tick "Allow device to turn-off to save power" under Power Management. This will supposedly keep your wifi from dropping. People said the Power Management tab was missing like mine, so were advised to go to Device...
  3. Why is the power management tab missing? Windows 11. Found it!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is the power management tab missing? Windows 11. Found it!: In a previous string now locked it was recommended to un-tick "Allow device to turn-off to save power" under Power Management. This will supposedly keep your wifi from dropping. People said the Power Management tab was missing like mine, so were advised to go to Device...
  4. Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home: My wifi network adapter keeps turning off after starting up my laptop. I have discovered that windows 11 is turning it off and to turn it back on I need to change a settings in the power management tab which is now missing.How do I turn this tab back on?My wifi card is...
  5. why don't i have a power management tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why don't i have a power management tab: i have a desktop running windows11 pro 2h22 my pc goes to sleep fine but i have no way to have my mouse or keyboard wake from sleep i can push the start button but it doesn't always work sometimes i have to push it several times and more than once it shuts down the closest...
  6. why don't i have a power management tab

why don't i have a power management tab: i have a desktop running windows11 pro 2h22 my pc goes to sleep fine but i have no way to have my mouse or keyboard wake from sleep i can push the start button but it doesn't always work sometimes i have to push it several times and more than once it shuts down the closest...
  7. Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager - Windows 11: Issue - Power Management Tab is missing from Device Manager for Network and other devices.Question - How to get Power Management Tab back on?Device - ideapad 5 14iil05OS - Windows 11 Version 22H2 What I have done- I use Registry Editor to create "CsEnabled"Screenshot below of...
  8. Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home: My wifi network adapter keeps turning off after starting up my laptop. I have discovered that windows 11 is turning it off and to turn it back on I need to change a settings in the power management tab which is now missing.How do I turn this tab back on?...
  9. Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home

Why is the power management tab missing? I have windows 11 home: My wifi network adapter keeps turning off after starting up my laptop. I have discovered that windows 11 is turning it off and to turn it back on I need to change a settings in the power management tab which is now missing.How do I turn this tab back on?...
  10. Missing Power Management Tab

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Power Management Tab: I have a ACEPC GK2 pc. Windows 10 Home. And it is up to date as of today. This pc has a Realtek GBE Ethernet Controller. Since there no Power Management tab in the controller properties, I am unable to setup Wol on this PC. Why is it missing? Thanks....