Windows 10: Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel?

Discus and support Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Since the last major Windows 10 update, and maybe as far back as the Creator’s update, the music played by my iTunes app is distorted. It's worst when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by dwb21317, Jun 11, 2020.

1. dwb21317 Win User

Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel?

Since the last major Windows 10 update, and maybe as far back as the Creator’s update, the music played by my iTunes app is distorted. It's worst when using the Sony WH-CH700N headphones I have. It used to be the sound was never better than when using the headphones.

Another website I checked out https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/115005430526-Why-is-System-Sound-Playback-Distorted-After-Updating-to-Windows-10-Fall-Creators-Update- said distortion is usually because the Windows hardware sample rate does not match the WDM sample rate, and that since the Creator’s Update, the ability to change the sample rate to match the mp3s & etc. played by iTunes has been grayed out. They also said the Windows setting can only be updated using Windows Sound controls.

99% of my music was recorded at a sample rate of 44,100 khz. 16 bit or 24 bit, I don’t know, but likely 16 bit since most of it was copied from CDs.

The value in the grayed-out field for the headphones is 1 channel, 16 bit, 16,000 Hz Tape Recorder Quality.

The standard for the speakers is 24 bit, 48,000 Hz Studio Quality.

Sadly, the fix they suggested at the UAudio website did not work for my headphones. The music remains scratchy and irritating.

Does anyone know a fix for this?

:)

dwb21317, Jun 11, 2020
  2. Az Har Win User

Headphone, earphone and microphone are not in Sound Control Panel.

Windows 10 64 bit

Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel? [​IMG]

Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel? [​IMG]

Stereo mix and line & mic at front or rear panel don't work too.

I somehow managed to get my headphone to play the same thing as my speaker at the same time but that's as far as i got.

Az Har, Jun 11, 2020
  3. gwalks Win User
    How to change "sound control panel" settings in Windows 10

Bitrate For Audio Playback and Bits Per Sample For Audio

Use these settings to fine-tune audio playback quality. For best results, the settings must match your settings in the Sound control panel in Windows.

In iTunes Edit/Preferences/Playback, there are user selected settings for audio sample rate and audio bits/sample. I found the above description in the iTunes documentation, i.e., "For best results (i.e., audio playback), the settings must match your settings
    in the Sound control panel in Windows"

How can I check the Windows sound control panel settings, and change them if necessary???

Thank you.

gwalks, Jun 11, 2020
  4. gdrago Win User

Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel?

Speaker default sample rate not changeable to 44.1 kHz

I recently purchased a piece of drumming software called Aerodrums that needs to enable a windows feature called WASAPI to reduce latency issues. The Aerodrums troubleshooting says the following:

''On Windows, it is also important that an appropriate low latency audio device is selected on the Latency screen. We highly recommend you use the Exclusive WASAPI option for the best experience. If this option is not available on the Latency screen, you will need to enable it as follows:

1. Go to Windows Control Panel –> Sound –> Playback tab
    2. Select the audio playback device that you are currently using and then go to Properties -> Advanced tab
    3. In the Default Format drop down menu, select a format with a 44100Hz rate. This is required for Shared WASAPI.
    4. In the Exclusive Mode section, tick both checkboxes.''
    When I go to control panel -> sound -> playback devices -> properties -> advanced -> default format, there's a drop down menu listing different sample rates. However there is no 44100Hz rate available for selection. How can I fix this? Or might there be another way to enable WASAPI?

gdrago, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is the sample rate grayed out for my Sony headphones on the Windows 10 Sound Control Panel? - Similar Threads - Why sample rate

2. i cant change the sample rate on my sound setting because its grayed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant change the sample rate on my sound setting because its grayed out: my headphone is hyper x cloud 2 and i tryed everything and still didint got any result i try update the driver , install it and restart the pc check for updates nothing works its still grayed and i cant change it...
  3. i cant change the sample rate on my sound setting because its grayed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i cant change the sample rate on my sound setting because its grayed out: my headphone is hyper x cloud 2 and i tryed everything and still didint got any result i try update the driver , install it and restart the pc check for updates nothing works its still grayed and i cant change it...
  4. my realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my realtek sample rate greyed out: I reinstalled my windows because its not a problem if we do format and reinstall our windows. I did install all necessary drivers but the only issue I faced was audio felt weird I did some changes in settings like changing enhancements but nothing changed then at one point I...
  5. my realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my realtek sample rate greyed out: I reinstalled my windows because its not a problem if we do format and reinstall our windows. I did install all necessary drivers but the only issue I faced was audio felt weird I did some changes in settings like changing enhancements but nothing changed then at one point I...
  6. my realtek sample rate greyed out

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Headphones not showing in sound control panel

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headphones not showing in sound control panel: Hi, I have an issue with cable headphones on my windows 10 laptop. So, when i plug in my headphones, even though the audio is playing on them, in sound control panel it shows that audio is playing on speakers and it doesn't even show the headphones so i cant change the audio...
  8. Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.

Audio Sample Rate is grayed out and wont let me change it.: I have tried uninstalling audio drivers and restarting the computer. I have also tried to reinstall the device specifically but it still wont work. This is very problematic because some softwares that i use require the device to be at a specific sample rate, but after i...
  9. There is no 44100 hz sample rate option in Sound for my Headphones device

There is no 44100 hz sample rate option in Sound for my Headphones device: Hello. It seems like my windows doesn't have the option to switch to 44.1 hz sample rate in Sound. [ATTACH] The problem is for the headphones device. Whereas in speaker device I can't even change the sample rate as it is greyed out. However I CAN change the microphone's...
  10. Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microphone sample rate is locked/grayed out.: I am trying to use VoiceMod (voice changer/soundboard) with my new USB condenser microphone. Voicemod requires the sample rate to be anywhere between 16khz and 48khz. The microphone I purchased says it is up to 192khz but when trying to downscale the sample rate the options...