Windows 10: Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings?

Discus and support Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I personally prefer less animation or trans things when I switch apps to keep everything clean and fluent, so I would like to keep the animations in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by 一正于_913, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings?

I personally prefer less animation or trans things when I switch apps to keep everything clean and fluent, so I would like to keep the animations in Windows 10 off. But for some reason, when I set this switch to OFF, it just won't work. And when I come back to Settings, this "Show animations in Windows" switch is still turned on, weirdly.

This happens on the recent Windows update, and I hope there's a solution for it.

Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings? 93d54a00-c4de-4566-b41e-65b32913d86a?upload=true.png Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings? d929a083-49c4-4e1c-91f8-543f4c45bb72?upload=true.png

:)

一正于_913, Nov 21, 2018

2. Cortana isn't showing it animation

Hi Rifqi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Share this information to assist you better.

• What do you refer by "Cortana Animation"?
    I suggest you to check the settings in Cortana and make sure all settings is turned on.

Follow the steps:

• Type cortana and settings in search bar
    • Turn on all the settings listed.
    Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

For further assistance, you can post your query in Microsoft Community.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Nov 21, 2018
  3. Airplane mode switch not working

Since the troubleshooting steps that were provided did not resolve the issue, we suggest switching on the Radio Management Service. To do that, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R.
    • Type services.msc, then hit Enter.
    • Search for Radio Management Service.
    • Right-click, then choose Start.

Note: Never ever set this service to "Disabled".

Get back to us if the steps won't work.

Marilou Ser, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings?

How to disable animation when switching workspace in Windows 10?

1. Click on the Start button (or push the Windows key on your keyboard)
    2. Type "Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows" and select it from the suggestions menu.
    3. Uncheck the checkbox for "Animate windows when minimizing and maximizing".

This will stop the animation when switching between Windows 10 Workspaces/Desktops.

RampantWolf, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings?

1. Why is the "Show animations in Windows" switch not working in the Settings? - Similar Threads - Why Show animations

2. Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations: A recent couple of months old by now update to Windows 11 enabled animations every time I switch virtual desktops. I use them extensively. The problem is that the animation slides the whole screen and that gives me bad motion sickness. One slide is enough to trigger the...
  3. Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Virtual Desktops not switching after disabling animations: A recent couple of months old by now update to Windows 11 enabled animations every time I switch virtual desktops. I use them extensively. The problem is that the animation slides the whole screen and that gives me bad motion sickness. One slide is enough to trigger the...
  4. Animation effects not working

Animation effects not working: How do I turn off the animation for switching between desktops on windows 11, since it is slow and inefficient. I don't want to turn off all animation effects, since I want to keep the animation for minimising tabs....
  5. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  6. Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11

Virtual desktop switching animation not working on windows 11: Hello, I recently upgraded on windows 11. I notice that virtual desktop switching animation is not working. Please someone tell to how to fix this?...
  7. Will the boot animation show?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will the boot animation show?: I'm planning to do the registry thing for the new boot animation ring, and I have my laptop in UEFI. I've heard that it doesn't show up in UEFI. And I really want the ring to show under the HP logo. Will it show or will it not show under the HP logo when it's booting up? I'm...
  8. Will the boot animation show?

Will the boot animation show?: I'm planning to do the registry thing for the new boot animation ring, and I have my laptop in UEFI. I've heard that it doesn't show up in UEFI. And I really want the ring to show under the HP logo. Will it show or will it not show under the HP logo when it's booting up? I'm...
  9. Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude

in Windows 10 Support
    Animations for show desktop / switching apps ? It is a very crude: Hi there Could someone please shed some light as to why when showing the desktop or switch apps it is these intense flashes between the two different states. If you swipe down on your mouse pad and bring up the desktop it does not transition. Sure we want to get to our...
  10. Animations not showing after rebooting

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Animations not showing after rebooting: Heey, I've just upgraded my pc to windows 10. I like the animations in there, but there not showing up unles I go to 'Perfomance and Visual' and hit 'Apply'. But when I then reboot my system, I can't see them. I had the same problem with windows 7 on the same machine....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 11 animation not working