Windows 10: Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub?

Discus and support Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I find this weird and I'm hoping someone can explain why the SSD enclosure is performing so poorly when connected to the computer thru the USB port... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by orlando1974, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub?

I find this weird and I'm hoping someone can explain why the SSD enclosure is performing so poorly when connected to the computer thru the USB port built-in the monitor?

If you look at the numbers for the 5400RPM Seagate BackupPlus, the numbers are almost the same for a direct PC connection as they are thru the monitor:

Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub? [​IMG]

But for the SSD drive inside the enclosure, it doesn't even compete with the 5400RPM when connected to the monitor.
    However, it has the expected speeds when connected directly.

Why is there such a massive difference for the SSD drive that is dependent on where it is connected? And why cant it at least reach the speed of the 5400RPM drive when connected to the monitor?

:)

orlando1974, Mar 25, 2021

2. insider hub app

Hi Shreesh,

I suggest you to Perform the below steps and install the Insider Hub.

• Go to Settings, then System and then
      Apps & Features
    • Click on Manage Optional Features.
    • Click on Add a Feature.
    • Navigate the list, locate Insider Hub, and click
      install.
    Do let us know the update. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Mar 25, 2021
  3. VisionTek Releases mSATA SSD Enclosure

VisionTek Products LLC, (VisionTek), a leading manufacturer of award-winning, high-performance upgrades and accessories for PC and Apple Macintosh computers, today announced the immediately availability of the VisionTek mSATA mini Enclosure. The USB 3.0 bus-powered enclosure is a Plug and Play solution for re-tasking an existing mSATA Solid State Drive after upgrading the SSD in an ultra-slim notebook or for adding a new mSATA SSD to create a high-performance ultra-portable external drive.

The Pocket-Sized Portable Storage Powerhouse
    Sized smaller than a business card and weighing 0.30 ounces empty, the mSATA mini Enclosure features the SuperSpeed USB 3.0/2.0 interface to offer data rates up to 600 MB/s and a bus-powered design so an AC adapter is not required. To complement its performance and portability attributes, the mSATA mini's sleek, scratch-resistant aluminum housing provides rugged durability to safeguard a drive's data and comes complete with everything needed to start using and sharing HD movies, music, photos, and important documents wherever desired.

Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub? VisionTek_mSATA_mini_Enclosure_01_thm.jpg

Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub? VisionTek_mSATA_mini_Enclosure_02_thm.jpg

Three Step Easy Set-Up for Plug and Play Use with PCs and Macs
    The mSATA mini Enclosure offers a hassle-free driverless solution to creating a hot-swappable portable drive that works immediately with Windows XP and higher PCs, Macs running OS X 10.4 and higher, and Linux systems:
    • Unscrew the mSATA mini enclosure with the included mini screwdriver.
    • Insert a SATA I/II/III mSATA SSD.
    • Reassemble the enclosure and connect to a PC or Mac via the included USB 3.0 cable.
    The mSATA mini Enclosure, priced at $29.99 MSRP and backed by a three-year warranty, is available immediately from VisionTek, and will soon be available from select e-tailers such as Newegg, Tiger Direct, and Dell; as well as national distributors such as Ingram Micro and D&H. As a complete one-stop shop for ultra-slim notebook upgrades, VisionTek also offers award-winning mSATA SSDs up to 480 GB in capacity priced starting from $74.99.

Cristian_25H, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub?

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub?

1. Why is the SSD enclosure benchmarking so low thru the monitor hub? - Similar Threads - Why SSD enclosure

2. Why is my Disk usage so low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my Disk usage so low?: I just clean reinstalled WIN10 64x onto my system, and installed the appropriate drivers according to https://www.asus.com/supportonly/asus%20tuf%20gaming%20fx504/helpdesk_download/. While installing new software onto my computer albeit I was mostly attempting to install...
  3. Why is my Disk usage so low?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my Disk usage so low?: I just clean reinstalled WIN10 64x onto my system, and installed the appropriate drivers according to https://www.asus.com/supportonly/asus%20tuf%20gaming%20fx504/helpdesk_download/. While installing new software onto my computer albeit I was mostly attempting to install...
  4. Why is my Disk usage so low?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Why is my storage so low?

Why is my storage so low?: I have tried everything. I have tried checking if it was because of a temp folder didn’t work. I have tried using all of the storage clean up recommendations and none work. I have tried deleting a lot of my apps and files didn’t work. I have tried everything and my storage...
  6. Why is my storage so low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my storage so low?: I have tried everything. I have tried checking if it was because of a temp folder didn’t work. I have tried using all of the storage clean up recommendations and none work. I have tried deleting a lot of my apps and files didn’t work. I have tried everything and my storage...
  7. Why is my disk space so low?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my disk space so low?: I know I have a bad pc,But still, one day the drive went from 40gb to 900mb. I've checked, and nothing big seems to be causing it. Here are some screenshots:At this point, I really can't do anything with it. I can barely play minecraft and roblox, but they are very laggy.If I...
  8. Why is my disk space so low?

Why is my disk space so low?: I know I have a bad pc,But still, one day the drive went from 40gb to 900mb. I've checked, and nothing big seems to be causing it. Here are some screenshots:At this point, I really can't do anything with it. I can barely play minecraft and roblox, but they are very laggy.If I...
  9. Why is my disk space so low?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. why is my brightness on my monitor so low untul i restart it?

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my brightness on my monitor so low untul i restart it?: why is my brightness so low on my monitor ,that I have to restart it? how can I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-brightness-on-my-monitor-so-low-untul-i/618c1bb8-4bd7-46e2-8501-40c8031f56af