Windows 10: WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT

Discus and support WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ejsherry, Apr 5, 2020.

1. ejsherry Win User

WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT

:)

ejsherry, Apr 5, 2020

2. Windows Phone 8.1: How can I make the start page items opaque?

I have an HTC 8X phone with Windows 8.1. Some (not all) of the items displayed on the start screen are semi-transparent, so that the Lock Screen image is visible through it. How can I make all the items opaque? The transparency makes them somewhat difficult
    to distinguish.

(They were opaque until I turned off High Contrast in the ease of access settings. High Contrast needs to be off in order to clear up a more critical problem.)

Thank you

SilvertonOregon, Apr 5, 2020
  3. No transparency in start menu

I'm using Windows 10 Pro & I've updated to the latest version i.e.
    1803 version. Before the update also I was having a non-transparent
    Start Menu, even after selecting the Transparency Effects option (
    Settings > Personalisation > Colours > Transparency Effects ), and I thought it to be a bug & waited for the next update. But now, even after updating to version 1803 also it was not solved. The taskbar's transparency is working fine, but the Start
    Menu
    is always opaque (except Full Screen mode). So, if there's any way to solve it, please say...

Abhinaba Adhikari, Apr 5, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Aeroglass (Semi-opaque/transparent borders) now beta for Creators

Care to post a screenshot for interest?I have the impression that gives full transparency, not semi-opaque borders.

dalchina, Apr 5, 2020
Thema:

1. WHY IS THE START SCREEN OPAQUE AND NOT TRANSPARENT - Similar Threads - WHY START SCREEN

2. why is my closed caption opaque

in Windows 10 Customization
    why is my closed caption opaque: my closed caption is opaque not white in chrome but not in edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-closed-caption-opaque/bf912840-e2f9-47d4-ac8b-9f16e17c4436
  3. why is my closed caption opaque

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is my closed caption opaque: my closed caption is opaque not white in chrome but not in edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-closed-caption-opaque/bf912840-e2f9-47d4-ac8b-9f16e17c4436
  4. why is my closed caption opaque

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Opaque screen when clicking start

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opaque screen when clicking start: Someone sent me screenshot of his dell ultrasharp monitor that goes opaque when he clicks the start button. He is one of a few people where I work that have been experiencing this. I've never come across this behavior. Can't seem to find a resolution.All those affected have...
  6. Opaque screen when clicking start

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Opaque screen when clicking start: Someone sent me screenshot of his dell ultrasharp monitor that goes opaque when he clicks the start button. He is one of a few people where I work that have been experiencing this. I've never come across this behavior. Can't seem to find a resolution.All those affected have...
  7. Opaque screen when clicking start

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Make only start screen background transparent

Make only start screen background transparent: I like to have my start screen fullscreen. I also do like that it shows the desktop background when transparency effects are turned on. I, however, don't like all of the other transparency effects (taskbar, hover previews, the whole fluent design system, etc.) as it makes my...
  9. Aeroglass (Semi-opaque/transparent borders) now beta for Creators

Aeroglass (Semi-opaque/transparent borders) now beta for Creators: Hi, the author has just posted an 'experimental' version of Aeroglass (nagware/3 euros or so for a transferrable license) for the Creator's build. [img] Aero Glass for Win8+ (Example using the AU) [img] 86268
  10. Transparent/Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Transparent/Screen: I get this when I click on the login button. It's kinda of cool but maybe a bug. 10041 [img] 4868