Windows 10: Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?

Discus and support Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PeterŠalamun, Jul 10, 2018.

1. Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?

Hi

Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list? Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list? 47ed5345-ca9c-46a1-8fc8-0faf71677d86?upload=true.jpg

:)

PeterŠalamun, Jul 10, 2018
  2. perdrix Win User

Best setup for system with both Solid State Disk (SSD) and HDD

I hope shortly to receive a "pre-owned" Dell M6800 laptop with a 128GB Solid State Disk (SSD) and a 750GB HDD.

It comes with 8.1 installed (shudder) and I will upgrade to 10 immediately as I couldn't tolerate 8 or 8.1. Once I've done that, I'll need to transfer all my applications and data (which will be tedious I know unless there's some trick or clever tool/application to do it - any suggestions are most welcome here).

Aapart from the OS what should go on the SSD, and what on the HDD. Looking at my current system, the Windows directory plus Program Files, Program Files (x86) and Program Data run awfully close to 128GB, so this isn't quite as simple as Windows & Apps on SSD, with everything else on the HDD and use junctions if necessary to point to data on the HDD.

I can't afford to replace the SSD with a bigger one as all available funds went into buying the new lappie.

Thanks lots
    Dave

perdrix, Jul 10, 2018
  3. Lazzer408 Win User
    Internal Solid state disk (SSD) ?

According to this guys definition... http://windowsitpro.com/article/art...state-disks-ssds-and-why-is-it-important.html ...it seems that TRIM would wear out the drive faster because it has to rewrite the the whole block just to remove deleted information. I wonder if SSDs were one of those technologies where corporate said "oops" and needed to come out with something to slow it down and wear it out faster but just tell you it's a benifit cause sheep will eat anything.

Lazzer408, Jul 10, 2018
  4. Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?

Remove spare hard disk as system disk

I have SSD which is my main drive (OS installed) and listed as system disk and I also have another HDD which is my storage but also listed as a system disk. My question is how do I remove the hard disk as a system disk? By removing and keeping as system
    disks make a difference?

Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list? c578018d-a87d-4712-8845-bebc0d621187?upload=true.png

Kerr Almario, Jul 10, 2018
Thema:

Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list?

1. Why is the system solid state SSD and HDD disk in the removal list? - Similar Threads - Why system solid

2. SSD Listed as a HDD???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSD Listed as a HDD???: So I have this really specific issue with windows and my SSD's and the microsoft store. I want to try the amazon app store but it requres i have a SSD installed which i have 2 installed. My problem is windows lists them as a HDD technically. I know they work because i get the...
  3. SSD Listed as a HDD???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SSD Listed as a HDD???: So I have this really specific issue with windows and my SSD's and the microsoft store. I want to try the amazon app store but it requres i have a SSD installed which i have 2 installed. My problem is windows lists them as a HDD technically. I know they work because i get the...
  4. Solid State Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Solid State Drive: If I make 2 partitions on an SSD and write a lot to one of them, can that one partition fail and the other not? Does it work that way? submitted by /u/FluffyAlcatel [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ubw7mp/solid_state_drive/
  5. Locked solid state disk

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Locked solid state disk: Turned on my desktop using Windows 10 pro. Came up fine. Came back several hours later to use the computer but was unresponsive and showing a black screen. I turned it off and then turned it back on again. The screen is displaying a blue box asking to select the HDD. It...
  6. Locked solid state disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Locked solid state disk: Turned on my desktop using Windows 10 pro. Came up fine. Came back several hours later to use the computer but was unresponsive and showing a black screen. I turned it off and then turned it back on again. The screen is displaying a blue box asking to select the HDD. It...
  7. Locked solid state disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Solid State Drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Solid State Drives: This is my first time without an HDD. I now have SSD. Does data on an SSD ever fragment? Am I now done with defraging my hard drive? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/solid-state-drives/b803253f-0d3a-43af-8484-1d460d1686d5
  9. Defrag for SSD Solid State Disk

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defrag for SSD Solid State Disk: I know that is Dangerous... why the Defrag of Windows want to do it??? 63830
  10. Best setup for system with both Solid State Disk (SSD) and HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Best setup for system with both Solid State Disk (SSD) and HDD: I hope shortly to receive a "pre-owned" Dell M6800 laptop with a 128GB Solid State Disk (SSD) and a 750GB HDD. It comes with 8.1 installed (shudder) and I will upgrade to 10 immediately as I couldn't tolerate 8 or 8.1. Once I've done that, I'll need to transfer all my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why does efi system in ssd is bigger than hdd