Windows 10: Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

Discus and support Why is the thread to my question locked.???????????????? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Dr J ShayneHarrington PhD, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did it do to get kicked out . or locked out, run off, put down,or whatever happened to it. and im assumins i said something bad or wrong or politically incorrect and got put in windows prison or something. will it ever get unlocked and should i be concerned that my question got put in microsoft jail ? or am i getting this al

:)

Dr J ShayneHarrington PhD, Aug 15, 2022
  2. rmanasa Win User

Lock vs Login screen screenshot

Hi Josey -

Thanks for the quick reply. While your suggestion does change the sign in process, it doesn't address the differing screenshot question. Following the steps doesn't make the login screenshot the same as the Lock screenshot. As I mentioned, I can't even find the screenshots being used for both screens.

Still looking a solution to this. Open to any other suggestions you might have to the problem. Thanks!

rmanasa, Aug 15, 2022
  3. thread lock

My problem is in viewing youtube vdeos the picture zooms to a small part of the picture as soon as play is pressed.

One suggestion somewhere was that the thread was locked which I dont understand and that I should unlock it to access overlay????

marcellehalse, Aug 15, 2022
  4. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

LOCKED THREAD

I just found this after searching for 'answers.microsoft.com locked thread'.

I'm not sure what an 'Independent Advisor' is, but if you're in connection with Microsoft, or at least this forum's maintainers please say to them that locking threads because of inactivity doesn't help at all. I've just found a solution for a thread's problem,
    but it's of course locked, and I can't even message it's author.. this way, and that usually most of the answers are not helpful at all, this forum doesn't really valuable, because most of the questions doesn't receive an answer, and then they get locked so
    it's impossible to ever receive an answer on them..

Masa Péter, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

1. Why is the thread to my question locked.???????????????? - Similar Threads - Why thread question

2. Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the thread to my question locked.????????????????: why is the thread locked on a question i asked ?? says the question thread is locked from receiving future replies. why is it locked, is my first question. who locked it and why. But the bigger question is.....what does that even mean. What the hell is a "THREAD" and what did...
  3. " This thread is locked "

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    " This thread is locked ": Is this the new way of ms defending itself ? Wherever I look tonight threads are locked.I.E. ms do read these, but are unable to solve their own problems.Within the locked threads there are still various weird ands wonderful ways around problems. Now it may or may not...
  4. thread locked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thread locked?: Hello community! Can anyone tell me, why this thread is locked? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/upgrade-to-windows-10-2004-fails-0x80004005/3d06bd76-aeb5-4bf1-a3a9-8a6da7b30cb6?tm=1593940266180 I want to post the solution........
  5. Locked thread

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Locked thread: I asked a question in this web area last july and although it was never answered it is now locked ????? Why ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/locked-thread/12f9f12d-8c69-4739-b9c0-51efeb96e112
  6. thread locked

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    thread locked: Does microsoft locks unsolved threads after some time? I've looked to a thread about restore points of some years ago and it was locked but there where 18 people with the same problem. Can I unlock it?...
  7. Why lock a thread when the question HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why lock a thread when the question HASN'T BEEN ANSWERED?: I have a new Win10 tablet PC. Every time I swipe down on the touchpad, it would display: To use dictation, select a text field" in a pop-up at the top of the screen. That pop-up would remain until I cleared it. I don't want to use dictation. Ever. So, I disabled Speech...
  8. This thread is locked

This thread is locked: I have the exactly same problem as the thread (https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-2013-change-my-system-date-format/9b8b7401-1e83-4730-a75d-246b3d1ad7d0) after I upgraded Windows 10 from build 1803 to 1903. Will Microsoft investigate the problem...
  9. Why are so many threads "Locked"?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why are so many threads "Locked"?: Some, if not most, don't have working answers yet. What reasons are used in locking the treads? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-so-many-threads-locked/00e722d9-0a3a-42e2-92ef-fb05bf78281d
  10. thread lock

thread lock: how do you unlock thread https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/thread-lock/bc2e70e7-906d-4504-8e33-5d85a588d762