Windows 10: why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers?

Discus and support why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; why is it with all the antivirus and different windows programs on my pc a known virus such as "OptimumSearch" still able to hijack and control my... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KevinSultze, Apr 30, 2020.

1. why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers?

why is it with all the antivirus and different windows programs on my pc a known virus such as "OptimumSearch" still able to hijack and control my browsers?

:)

KevinSultze, Apr 30, 2020
  2. Le Boule Win User

BROWSER HACK VIRUS

Did you scan with Adwcleaner and the Emsisoft Emergency Kit?

Did you follow all of the suggested steps in How to remove SafeSearch.net & SafeSearch Search (Mac & Windows) to include scanning
    with Zemana, Malwarebytes and if necessary with Hitman Pro?

The scanners that have been recommended should work on "Safesearch" hijacker and also on "some other virus."

Did you reset your browsers as suggested in my previous post?

If you do not wish to use the independent scanners (listed above) that I use when removing adware and PUPS from computers and you do not want to reset your browsers then you may want to reset your computer. Before considering this option suggest you
    carefully review https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12415/windows-10-recovery-options

Alternatively you can obtain premium support from MS at http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

Or

You may wish take your computer to a professional computer repair technician.

Regards...

Le Boule, Apr 30, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Apr 30, 2020
  4. JoelVL Win User

why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers?

Complete removal of the Yandex virus

I use Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge as my browser. Somehow my I picked up a variation of the Yandex virus, an adware virus. I followed the removal suggestions that I found on on a Malware site that included ADW Cleaner, Malwarebytes, Hitman, and Zemana cleaners.
    They seemed to work in that they stopped the incessant ads. However, I still don't have access to Microsoft Edge and am also denied access to other items. It only allows me to use Google Chrome.

If I try and go to Settings to change my default browser, I get a box that says "This app can't open. Contact your administrator..."

Also, I cannot use Start and I no longer have any sound at all.

Any suggestions as to my next step?

JoelVL, Apr 30, 2020
Thema:

why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers?

1. why is the virus "OptimumSearch" completely taking over my browsers? - Similar Threads - why virus OptimumSearch

2. why takes 5 sec to close browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    why takes 5 sec to close browser: takers 5 ser. to close browser? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-takes-5-sec-to-close-browser/e4959592-49b8-4a7b-b443-7978a514f7c3
  3. Browser Virus?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Browser Virus?: Hello i am a Windows 10 pro user, I have google chrome, I once downloaded a file and ran it, but before that i made sure that it was virus free by doing a virus check by Microsoft security and it says its safe. so I ran it it needed administrator commands and i did it since...
  4. Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device

Scammer called MSN virus alert take over a device: My daughters laptop received an MSN virus alert and started beeping today when she tried to access an online video for school. In the message there was a 'MSN' contact number which my wife telephoned. They accessed my daughters laptop before I cancelled it. Are we in any...
  5. not completely remove the viruses why?

not completely remove the viruses why?: my computer is infected with virus and i updated my windows Microsoft security but still the virus is running i also joined this community https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/not-completely-remove-the-viruses-why/94734009-d46a-4020-b0bf-96a08edd51df
  6. Virus lock on my browser.

Virus lock on my browser.: One of my computers has a virus that has locked up the browser. It provides a screen that says it is from Microsoft Support and asks me to call a phone number to get it unblocked. There is also a box that pops up saying its from Microsoft Security [MICROSOFT EDGE]...
  7. Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  8. Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Repairing disk erroes. This might take over an hour to complete.: Hi, My pc is currently struggling with the issues. I use an Asus and throughout the Bios menu there is no option to boot from usb, i have one installed with media, and it still goes straight to the repair again, which is taking me more than 24 hours of straight "repairing"...
  9. Is thia a virus taking over my computer?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Is thia a virus taking over my computer?: So today I log on to my computer and there's nothing I can do or load. I try loading any .exe and it doesn't grant me permission. I try fixing the issue by running programs as an administrator such as command prompt but then it gives me an error: this file does not have an...
  10. Edge Takes Over Default Programs for PDF and Browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Takes Over Default Programs for PDF and Browser: Working in Windows 10, every few days Edge takes over as the default application for PDF (which we have set to Adobe). At the same time, it becomes the default browser (changing from Chrome). We have repeatedly gone to Settings > Apps > Default Apps > Choose default apps...