Windows 10: Why is the volume so loud?

Discus and support Why is the volume so loud? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have to keep my volume at 5 to avoid bothering other people in the house. Not 50. 5. Sometimes 2 or 3 if it's a particularly loud video. Raising it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/munchiesnOOb, Jan 20, 2021.

1. Why is the volume so loud?

I have to keep my volume at 5 to avoid bothering other people in the house. Not 50. 5. Sometimes 2 or 3 if it's a particularly loud video. Raising it to 50 is extremely loud, and 100 is only marginally louder than 50.

Also, the volume is even LOUDER when I first turn my pc on. I have to unplug and plug back in my USB speakers, and then the volume is inexplicably quieter, but still way too loud.

submitted by /u/munchiesnOOb
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/munchiesnOOb, Jan 20, 2021
  2. SUI
    Sui Win User

Earphone volume too loud or too quiet on Windows 10

Hi I'm having a weird problem on my laptop running Windows 10 Pro. The earphone volume is either too loud or too quiet, and seems to switch between these two upon every restart. When it's too loud, keeping it at 1/100 is equivalent to 20-30/100 when sound was normal, when it's too quiet, keeping it at 100/100 is equivalent to 10-20/100 when sound was normal. Already googled extensively and tried pretty much every suggestion I found with no results:

• Enable/disable loudness equalization in playback device settings
    • Enable/disable Windows Sonic for headphones in playback device settings
    • Check for errors in sound devices in device manager - no errors
    • Update sound drivers - all updated
    • Try different earphones - tried like 4 already, definitely not an issue with earphones
    • Even tried system restore, still not fixed

Screenshot of device manager: https://i.stack.imgur.com/HKSzf.png

Does anyone know what else to try?

3. yllwprl Win User
    LOUD alarm volume!

those steps seem more like WM5 (which i had and could set the alarm volume separately), but in WM6, the path is: Start --> Organizer --> Alarms. here, you can select the Tone, but can't adjust the volume. i incorrectly stated in my prev post that i couldn't
    adjsut my ring tone volume. i can and have.

any ideas on how to adjust the alarm volume? it's quite loud by default.

yllwprl, Jan 20, 2021
  4. SmooL Win User

Why is the volume so loud?

Volume Unreasonably Loud

My volume is way too loud.

I have to have my volume between 0 and 10, out of the possible 100. anything else is way to loud. I'm using regular headphones with no gain, so it's not getting amplified there. I have to set all my different audio sources artificially low in volume mixer so that I can use the windows volume control at anything more than 10. Is there some sort of global volume scale I can use?

SmooL, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

Why is the volume so loud?

1. Why is the volume so loud? - Similar Threads - Why volume loud

2. Microphone volume too loud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microphone volume too loud: Now before you ask, yes I have turned down both the microphone and the settings inside the computer for the microphone. I have everything set to 1 on volume and it is still too loud. It's as if changing the volume doesn't help at all. My microphone has a knob on it that...
  3. Volume too LOUD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Volume too LOUD: Something is wrong with my volume. It's only on 9 and yet it feels like it's on like 24. This only started happening after i restarted for an update. Anyone know what is wrong and how I can fix it?...
  4. Why is the volume so loud?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why is the volume so loud?: I have to keep my volume at 5 to avoid bothering other people in the house. Not 50. 5. Sometimes 2 or 3 if it's a particularly loud video. Raising it to 50 is extremely loud, and 100 is only marginally louder than 50. Also, the volume is even LOUDER when I first turn my pc...
  5. Volume is too loud on 5% volume

Volume is too loud on 5% volume: Hello i have a wired JBL headphones and i always have to put my volume on 4% or less because its too loud and my bluetooth headphones didnt have that problem before I tried using troubleshooter it didnt help....
  6. Volume is too loud on 5% volume

Volume is too loud on 5% volume: Hello i have a wired JBL headphones and i always have to put my volume on 4% or less because its too loud and my bluetooth headphones didnt have that problem before I tried using troubleshooter it didnt help....
  7. Why are microsoft game ads so loud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are microsoft game ads so loud?: When I'm playing microsoft sudoku the ads are so loud they hurt my head and stress me out. One of them, a slots game, starts out with a horrendous screeching noise which is horribly disturbing and the volume is extremely loud. Granted you can turn the volume off in the ad but...
  8. Volume way too loud

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Volume way too loud: I recently switched harddrives and reïnstalled Windows. My volume however is a LOT higher than it used to be before. I had this before, but I could work around it just fine. However, this time even 5% volume sounds like 90. This can't be right. I've tried a few things...
  9. Volume is super loud

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume is super loud: Hello everybody, I am having a problem on my laptop. I have a Dell laptop and every time I put volume 2, it is as loud as volume 100. This is super weird and I couldn't fix it, so if anybody knows how to fix this annoying problem, please comment, I really need your help!...
  10. Volume Unreasonably Loud

Volume Unreasonably Loud: My volume is way too loud. I have to have my volume between 0 and 10, out of the possible 100. anything else is way to loud. I'm using regular headphones with no gain, so it's not getting amplified there. I have to set all my different audio sources artificially low in...