Windows 10: Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things?

Discus and support Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dead Microsoft, why the hell are you pushing out an update that does not allow the user to cancel it and screwes up the audio driver after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JakubSiwiec, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things?

Dead Microsoft,

why the hell are you pushing out an update that does not allow the user to cancel it and screwes up the audio driver after installation. + changes settings to my account i have set up they was i wanted before.

+ of course a new shortcut to Microsoft Edge

the reason youre screwing up with windows updates is why im never going to trust you with a browser. you arent even giving an option to report your screw up on the update

you are really doing a good job forcing people to switch to Linux, i mean seriously.....

:)

JakubSiwiec, Sep 16, 2018
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Windows 10 April 2018 Update(SCU) Partially Breaks MKV File Support?

I updated to main computer to the April 2018 Update, AKA Spring Creators Update, and it seems like they've taken a step backward with MKV file support. When I go into the properties of an MKV file on the Fall Creators Update, if I go to the details tab it gives me a bunch of detail about he media file, like resolution, framerate, audio information and bitrate. However, if I go into the same file's properties on the April 2018 Update, almost all of the information is blank, it only gives me a runtime and bitrate.

I really just want to confirm that this isn't just my computer and other's are experiencing the same thing.

FCU:

Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things? fcu-png.png

April 2018 Update:

Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things? scu-png.png

newtekie1, Sep 16, 2018
  3. Microsoft blocks Windows 10 April Update for Intel SSD 600p Series

Microsoft is blocking some Intel SSDs from installing the April 2018 Update after discovering an incompatibility issue that causes performance and stability issues. In short, the problem was explained by Microsoft as: “When attempting to upgrade to Window 10 April 2018 Update select devices with certain Intel SSDs may enter a UEFI screen reboot or crash repeatedly.” Microsoft says that this issue has no workaround and that those that have attempted to update Windows 10 to the Windows 10 April 2018 Update should revert back to Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709.

Unfortunately, the announcement by Microsoft fails to list what specific Intel SSD models are having issues with the OS update. We contacted Intel and discovered that the Intel SSD 600p Series of client drives that was first introduced to the market in 2016 is the most popular drive that is having issues.

Source: Legit Reviews

biffzinker, Sep 16, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things?

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things?

1. Why is the Windows 10 April update breaking things? - Similar Threads - Why April update

2. Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?: Why still force update my window 10 at 2023 and they stupid update just broke my wifi connection. Now it cannot be fixed even after i troubleshoot. First window media gone and now my wifi also gone? Update for what? Things works well before update. After update all turn to...
  3. Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?: Why still force update my window 10 at 2023 and they stupid update just broke my wifi connection. Now it cannot be fixed even after i troubleshoot. First window media gone and now my wifi also gone? Update for what? Things works well before update. After update all turn to...
  4. Why still update my window 10 on 2023 and breaks my thing?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    List of things that break the Windows Hypervisor?: Is somebody maintaining a list of things that stop Windows from booting when the Windows Hypervisor is installed ? Beyond the obvious "CPU does not have virtualization, or the BIOS doesn't have the virtualization instructions turned on". Which afaik tends to keep Windows...
  6. Why do Windows 10 Updates Break Everything?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why do Windows 10 Updates Break Everything?: This is more of a commentary than a question. Windows 7 is possibly the greatest OS ever built. Windows 10 on the other hand is woeful. Might I suggest to Microsoft that they build an OS for computers and leave Windows 10 to the tablet and phone applications? I have...
  7. Tired of updates that break things

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Tired of updates that break things: I know I am not the only one with issues surrounding windows 10 updates. I am venting my frustrations here -- hoping that whoever at Microsoft will listen to ONE more voice. I came to my office today -- after a windows 10 update to the latest platform and now I have lost...
  8. April Patches Breaking Atmos?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    April Patches Breaking Atmos?: Yesterday my PC was able to output dolby atmos to my home theater. Today, when I tried to switch to atmos after plugging in my PC->receiver's HDMI cable, it brought up a dolby app and requested a reboot to enable atmos. I've never seen this dolby app before. I believe it's a...
  9. Windows 10 April 2018 Update keeps breaking PCs

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 April 2018 Update keeps breaking PCs: Microsoft has once again been criticised for breaking customers’ computers with the latest Windows 10 April 2018 Update. Some users on social media and Microsoft Community forum claims that Windows 10 April 2018 Update makes it impossible for the system to boot to desktop....
  10. Breaking things

in Windows 10 Support
    Breaking things: It seems that every windows update fixes some things and breaks others. When is MS going to get this right. One particular thing now broken on my two desktop machines since the December update is the monitor on both machines wont turn off after a minute from locking the...