Windows 10: Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

Discus and support Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Yes my G.mail is set up the same as outlook and aol. Yes gmail imap OK, I'm blind. I see the option now for my Gmail account, but not on my TWC... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by mbratch, Feb 5, 2016.

1. mbratch Win User

Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

OK, I'm blind. I see the option now for my Gmail account, but not on my TWC account. It was at the very top of the list of choices and I just missed it. I'll give that a try. I'll set TWC to be "based on my usage". I think it will do "as items arrive" if I'm using the account regularly enough.

mbratch, Feb 6, 2016

2. Let me know how you get on.
    Hopefully it will solve your problems.
    I use this Mail App all the time, that is hopefully I know how to set it up
    Every time a new update is installed I always check to see if anything in Mail has been altered,

hTconeM9user, Feb 6, 2016
  3. mbratch Win User
    I noticed an update to Mail in the last couple of months where they introduced some useful changes that I griped about back then. They added multi-select, and the "empty this folder" command. Two things that were woefully missing previously.

Thanks for the additional tip. I'll probably start checking the update log to see what's changed. How can you tell if a particular MS Windows update changed Mail?

mbratch, Feb 7, 2016
  4. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

The way I know is how it acts as I have used it from the day when I first upgraded,
    Every update that has gone in since has made Windows Mail App more stable.

Hope that has helped with overcome your other problem.

hTconeM9user, Feb 7, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    If there is a significant update, there will be a blog about the changes, such as what it has fixed and what problems still persist.
    If it had anything related to Mail app, it would say so. Otherwise, you will have to find out while using the Mail app.

davidhk, Feb 7, 2016
  6. mbratch Win User
    I've been running with these settings for a couple of days and the behavior is greatly improved. In the few instances I do need to hit the "yin yang" icon and ask it to resync, it does seem to take forever for it to sync with an IMAP server for some reason, but livable.

mbratch, Feb 9, 2016
  7. theloft Win User
    Followed these and my Settings for Mail is completely blank and yet gmail updates after about 10 minutes. Not happy!

theloft, Jul 23, 2016
  8. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

Have you made sure you have got the latest updates installed also should load straight away or could be your AV slowing it down I use Defender and that seems to let it through ok

hTconeM9user, Jul 23, 2016
  9. theloft Win User
    Worked fine with windows vista and updates are automatic, although i checked and everything up to date. This reply is on my android tablet, which gets instant gmail!

theloft, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?

1. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow? - Similar Threads - Why Mail app

2. Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?: I am in Windows 11 latest version but most of the UWP apps are so slow. Not every one of them, apps like UWP Notepad and the new Paint loads fast. But most of them like clock, photos, to do, mail, calendar etc. are very slow they are working fine but takes much time to load....
  3. Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why are UWP apps are so SLOW?: I am in Windows 11 latest version but most of the UWP apps are so slow. Not every one of them, apps like UWP Notepad and the new Paint loads fast. But most of them like clock, photos, to do, mail, calendar etc. are very slow they are working fine but takes much time to load....
  4. Why, so slow?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why, so slow?: My computer. Is a, "Dell" laptop.Running, Windows 10. This is not a question of, Wi-Fi no.This is the, computer itself.When I click, on a link.It takes up to, 30 seconds. To, start? I wait, forever. for a movie, to start?Everything, is just very slow?Could, this be a browser...
  5. why is it so slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why is it so slow: COPY SPEED IS 355KB/S, AND IT'LL TAKE MORE THAN 1 FREAKING DAY TO COPY I'm using an microSD to SD adapter, really cheap also it takesSO FREAKING LONG to cancel https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-it-so-slow/292018ca-218f-4cd6-8fbf-e369a890819c
  6. Why is the windows 10 so slow?

Why is the windows 10 so slow?: Why is the windows 10 so slow? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-the-windows-10-so-slow/0d66d253-0b06-40bb-af8c-0bf4521a5ce9
  7. Why Window 10 is so slow?

Why Window 10 is so slow?: My computer is running slowly when it got windows 10 update. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-window-10-is-so-slow/04f39f6c-e865-4065-8bc4-ee80711fe8b9
  8. Why make it so HARD Mail APP

Why make it so HARD Mail APP: Windows 10 Outlook user. 365 account Using from desktop. When choosing to send a page from onenote required to use MAIL APP.. Successfully tied that to my Outlook account AND turned off notification in MAIL APP. I am still getting an image and sound on right side of...
  9. Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?

Why is the xbox & Xbox app so slow?: I have multiple computers including one computer that has I7-6700k over clocked 5.0Ghz, with 32GB RAM, M.2 SSD I have used both Xbox One and Xbox One S I have a stock HP laptop, I have used the app on multiple Samsung phones, from S5, S6 edge+, J7 Star, S8, S9 I have...
  10. Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?

in Browsers and Email
    Why is the new Outlook Mail so slow?: Ever since Outlook got updated (some weeks ago), it's been running incredibly slow and lags my entire browser. Anyone else have this happen, and is there anything to fix this? 58843

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 mail app slow

2. why is windowns 10 mail so slow

3. why is windows mail slow

4. why is windows mail app so slow,
  5. why is mail app so slow in windows 10,
  6. why is windows 10 mail so slow,
  7. why is windows mail so slow,
  8. Why is the Windows 10 Mail app so slow?,
  9. why is mail app so slow!