Windows 10: Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it

Discus and support Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; "All Apps" => Why does a user need to press an "all apps" button to see the applications?Isn't the list of applications the CORE of what an operating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SvenVan de Velde, Nov 30, 2022.

1. Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it

"All Apps" => Why does a user need to press an "all apps" button to see the applications?Isn't the list of applications the CORE of what an operating system does? Why do all applications need to be hidden with an other click?"Recommended" => What is the use of recommended on the Start Menu. Never used it. I never clicked on any of the recommended boxes ever in the Start Menu.Isn't it better to provide the user with an option to choose to show recommended or not?Really, who at Microsoft has been smoking something to design the above concepts.And even more, who approved this and said that

:)

SvenVan de Velde, Nov 30, 2022
  2. ArnieB186 Win User

Windows 10 Black Screen and Start Menu

Hi Santosh,

Thanks for your reply.

The steps for Problem #1 look way too complicated for me. I am a simple user and don;t see why I should have to go through all of this bother because Windows 10 does not work properly. It should be down to Microsoft to fix.

For Problem #2 I tried the steps you suggested but when I did the PowerShell action it resulted in a load of red error messages which mean nothing to me, and I still do not have a start menu.

I really want to go back to Windows 7 but with the steps you suggest i can't do this because i cannot get into Settings (these are accessed viw the start menu which i cannot access! AAAARRRRRRGGGHHHHH.

Do you have another way of reverting to Windows 7? I upgraded to Winwos 10 last month and so and worried that i am running out of time/have run out of time to revert.

This is really frustrating.

Thanks

ArnieB186, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Windows 11 Start Menu grouping

It may be easier for some folks to learn new UI on the fly, but not ageing parents who just learned how to successfully navigate Windows 10 start menus. I showed my parents how to group things in the start menu, resize it, and so on to make browsing very easy for them. Windows 11 start menu removes all of these accessibility options, cause that's the function grouping was serving for them. It is an active step backwards and Microsoft has made the approachability of using windows 11 worse.

Windows 10 is actively proving useful to them at the moment. I can't really update their pc to 11 until I'm sure they can get the hang of it with ease. If they have to re-learn the basic navigation functions with a new operating system, they will just become frustrated and give up completely. Is that the result Microsoft was going for??

This needs fixed.

GUITARPICKER84, Nov 30, 2022
  4. Naki Win User

Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Thema:

Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it

1. Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it - Similar Threads - Why start menu

2. Windows 11 "Start Menu" is literally UNUSABLE for Power Users....!!! Pic Showing why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 "Start Menu" is literally UNUSABLE for Power Users....!!! Pic Showing why: 1. I have literally over "100" Programs I like to See, Group, Size, Labeled as I open the Start Menu.Win10 was perfect in this. It was finally a Start Menu other than Classic that was actually "just right".11's Start Menu is literally the WORST you've ever made.2. 10's Menu...
  3. Windows 11 "Start Menu" is literally UNUSABLE for Power Users....!!! Pic Showing why

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 "Start Menu" is literally UNUSABLE for Power Users....!!! Pic Showing why: 1. I have literally over "100" Programs I like to See, Group, Size, Labeled as I open the Start Menu.Win10 was perfect in this. It was finally a Start Menu other than Classic that was actually "just right".11's Start Menu is literally the WORST you've ever made.2. 10's Menu...
  4. Windows 11 freezes and becomes completely unusable

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 freezes and becomes completely unusable: I was playing Valorant once with my friend when the whole screen froze and the sound was stuck too. I tried pressing keys and clicking mouse buttons and at the end hard restarted the pc. It worked fine for some time until it started to freeze again and that quite frequently....
  5. Windows 11 freezes and becomes completely unusable

Windows 11 freezes and becomes completely unusable: I was playing Valorant once with my friend when the whole screen froze and the sound was stuck too. I tried pressing keys and clicking mouse buttons and at the end hard restarted the pc. It worked fine for some time until it started to freeze again and that quite frequently....
  6. Why was the start menu removed? I used it for everything

Why was the start menu removed? I used it for everything: I used it for everything. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-start-menu-removed-i-used-it-for/15770e8c-dd38-4fcc-a946-7b39b6725f62
  7. Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is the windows 11 start menu completely unusable? I really don't use it: "All Apps" => Why does a user need to press an "all apps" button to see the applications?Isn't the list of applications the CORE of what an operating system does? Why do all applications need to be hidden with an other click?"Recommended" => What is the use of recommended on...
  8. Start Menu is completely empty.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu is completely empty.: For a while now my start menu has been completely empty I tried DISM and SFC tools but they didn't do anything. I also tried restarting windows explorer and I tried restarting my laptop ALOT. The Task Menu is fine and nothing is wrong with it, the only problem is that the...
  9. Start menu, advanced using !! Why some shortcuts in it don't appear ? ;-

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu, advanced using !! Why some shortcuts in it don't appear ? ;-: Hello everyone! Happy New Year 2020 I'm looking for info or rules about Windows 10 start menus below : 1 C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs 2 C:\Users\%users%\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs They react in a strange way, some...
  10. Removing unused programs from start menu

Removing unused programs from start menu: I have several programs listed on my start menu that have been uninstalled, but they're still listed on the start menu. Right clicking them gives several options, but there is no option to delete. How can I do this? Thanks. 104776