Windows 10: Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This...

Discus and support Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, Please review the screenshot: Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This PC>Documents and >This PC>Desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by UmeshVK, Jan 17, 2021.

1. UmeshVK Win User

Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This...

Hi,

Please review the screenshot:

Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This PC>Documents and >This PC>Desktop in Windows 10?

The 'Customise' tab is missing in the Desktop Properties dialogue box. Also, the Document Properties dialogue box has two layers of tabs.

I just want to make sure that my Windows 10 is not corrupted.

Thanks for your time.

Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This... 4ec779a7-19fe-49a7-9648-877c4e138a16?upload=true.png

Best Regards,

Umesh

:)

UmeshVK, Jan 17, 2021

2. Audio socket dialogue box

Dear Jon,

Thanks for the detailed instructions.

Concerning Method 1:

First, Windows Key + X - Control Panel does appear in the list.

I accessed it by Typing "Control Panel" in the search field next to the Start Button on the Task Bar.

Then after selecting "Hardware and Sound" the Realtek HD Audio Manager does not appear in the list.

Apparently this is a well known issue with Windows 10. I have not taken steps to resolve that issue yet.

Concerning Method 2:

I have followed your instructions carefully but it did not resolve the issue.

I was able to resolve the issue of getting the Audio Popup Dialogue Box to reappear in the following way:

Windows Key + X then I selected the Device Manager.

From the "Sound, video & game controllers" I right clicked "Realtek Audio" and selected Properties.

In the dialogue box that appeared I selected the Driver tab and clicked on Update driver.

I clicked on "Browse my computer for driver software" and "Let me pick from a list of available drivers on my computer"

Then I selected "Realtek Audio" and clicked Next.

Windows then reinstalled the drivers.

After doing this the "Which device did you plug in" dialogue box appeared when I plugged something into the audio socket.

So the immediate issue of getting the dialogue box back is solved but the Realtek HD Audio Manager still does not appear in the list of Hardware and Sound from the Control Panel. Any advice you can give to resolve that issue I would greatly appreciate.

Thanks for all you help so far. I hope this finds you well.

StevenHandley1, Jan 17, 2021
  3. Text invisible in programs dialogue box on Windows 10

Hi Mike,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Let us know if the issue persists with other program dialogue boxes as well.

This might be a temporary issue on your computer.

I suggest you to sign-in out from the current user account, restart the computer, sign-in and check if the issue persists.

Also, try to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Update us the status of accessing text in program dialogue boxes for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 17, 2021
  4. Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This...

No color management in print dialogue box

Why is the critical step of removing all old printer drivers (Step 5) in the Printui dialogue the same as Step 6 right clicking the printer in Devices and Printers to delete it and restart PC?

After you install the printer software in Print 8 you did a lot of other things with a Desktop app that are not in the list and unneeded. Why were these necessary instead of just selecting a .pdf document to print and trying it?

The reason I ask is that I've suggested these steps countless times and they have always worked if only they are followed, not adding a bunch of steps at the end.

I hope this helps.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 17, 2021
Thema:

Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This...

1. Why is there a difference in the dialogue box that appears after clicking >This... - Similar Threads - Why difference dialogue

2. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Gaming
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  3. freezing dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    freezing dialogue boxes: When I copy files from one drive to another, the progress dialogue box comes up but on reaching 100% it does not close down. It remains frozen on the screen. Only a restart of Windows gets rid of it. What is the problem? How do I stop the dialogue from freezing? How do I...
  4. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  5. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.: I continue to find myself unable to save files, as the Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for a small selection of software.I do not know the exact time and cause of the error, but the only thing I could suggest, is that this resulted from an unexpected system shutdown...
  6. Save File Dialogue Box will not appear for MS Apps.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Oversized dialogue boxes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Oversized dialogue boxes: I have a program for embroidery called Generations. It worked fine on my old laptop Windows 10 but the dialogue boxes are too big on my new laptop and I can't reach any controls like OK. How can I reduce the size of these dialogue boxes? [ATTACH]...
  8. Dialogue Box Issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dialogue Box Issue: I am trying to download an update for a game on Origin, but no dialogue box is popping up to ask for permission to download the content so Origin can't update the game. How do I fix this?...
  9. scanner dialogue box

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    scanner dialogue box: How to bring up the scanner dialogue box? I have a new hard drive and had to start over getting programs up. Have a Canon and it does print just fine but doesn't scan - before the crash the PC used to be able to scan documents just by my clicking on "Document" in the scanner...
  10. printer dialogue box

in Windows 10 Customization
    printer dialogue box: When I click on my printer icon (HP6790) I get a dialogue box asking me "do want to allow this app to make changes to your device?" if I say no it keeps on reappearing and I cannot get rid of it. My printer is fine so is my wireless connection and I don't need the update, how...