Windows 10: Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it...

Discus and support Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/cosplayguy420 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/cosplayguy420, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it...

/u/cosplayguy420, Jul 14, 2020

2. Black horizontal lines appearing across laptop screen

Took delivery of a brand new laptop yesterday with the following specs:

Unpacked it, started using it, only to find black horizontal lines appearing across the screen sporadically. I updated all drivers, downloaded and installed all Windows updates but to no avail. Screenshots:

First screenshot

Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it... bulr0.jpg

Second screenshot

Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it... rHQuo.jpg

Third screenshot

Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it... WFzCr.jpg

Some points to note:

• I had the laptop connected to the TV screen and the lines appeared on
      the TV as well, thus suggesting it's not a screen issue.
    • Because it's a sporadic and somewhat rare event, I can't say whether
      the lines appear during a particular operation/screen or
      anytime/anywhere.

I've done a bit of poking around on the net and found that usually the culprit is the graphics card, but not sure. Any suggestions?

user640946, Jul 14, 2020
  3. horizontal pink and blue lines

I have horizontal pink and blue lines starting at the top of my touch screen at start up. The only way to "fix" the problem is to use the touchscreen and restart the computer. I can see a small portion of the desktop at the top of the screen and it appears
    normal. Any suggestions?

LINDADIESS, Jul 14, 2020
  4. drvarkey Win User

Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it...

nokia 6500,horizontal lines flashing

My new nokia 6500 mobiles , at times disturbed by horizontal lines appearing, which comes( flashes) for a fraction of second.....what could be the cause? any solution? Thank you, Dr.T.Varkey

drvarkey, Jul 14, 2020
Thema:

Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it...

1. Why is there a horizontal line on my display? It appears randomly for a second and it... - Similar Threads - Why horizontal line

2. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Gaming
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  3. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY: USING WIN 10 PRO. RIGHT FROM WHEN THE MOTHERBOARD LOGO APPEARS THE GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARS AND THEN THE WINDOWS LOGIN PAGE SHOWS BIGGER FONTS. AND AFTER LOGIN THE DESKTOP ICONS LOOK BIGGER AND GREEN LINES CONTINUE TO FLICKER ALL OVER THE DISPLAY. LOOKS LIKE AS IF AFTER...
  4. GREEN HORIZONTAL LINES APPEARING ON THE DISPLAY

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear

Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear: Device: MSI GE76 Raider 10UH gaming laptopWhen playing video games or playing back videos, I notice this weird pattern of lines where the colours of the line are slightly brighter than the base colour. I think It's something related to Nvidia's control panel, since the...
  6. Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Weird display problem where horizontal lines appear: Device: MSI GE76 Raider 10UH gaming laptopWhen playing video games or playing back videos, I notice this weird pattern of lines where the colours of the line are slightly brighter than the base colour. I think It's something related to Nvidia's control panel, since the...
  7. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  8. Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.

Horizontal lines appear on the taskbar.: There appears to be glitchy horizontal lines on my taskbar that do not go away after a restart. The lines are purple and green and the icons on the taskbar appear to be glitchy as well....
  9. Horizontal Lines appear on screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Horizontal Lines appear on screen: Hi, I My Windows 10 Lenovo ThinkPad 2 in 1 14 has had these random lines appear on the the screen and I don't know what to do. Its espeacially bad in Google Chrome, which is why I undownloaded it a while ago but because of Corona I have to take my tests online now, which...
  10. Horizontal Lines - Display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Horizontal Lines - Display: Blue screen appeared stating there was probably with my PC and it needed to restart. After that happened the horizontal lines have not gone away. [ATTACH] I have: 1. Restored Windows 10 2. Updated the driver for my graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 (twice) Note:...