Windows 10: why is there a light on, on the side of my laptop

Discus and support why is there a light on, on the side of my laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; why is there a light on, on the side of my Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SaundraGallow, Mar 17, 2019.

1. why is there a light on, on the side of my laptop

why is there a light on, on the side of my Laptop

:)

SaundraGallow, Mar 17, 2019
  2. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Mar 17, 2019
  3. remolanot Win User
    Keyboard lights

1. Did you mean the keyboard backlight or indicator lights (i.e. Num Lock)?
    2. If your problem is about indicator lights, are you using a external keyboard?

--KEYBOARD BACKLIGHT--

Consult your laptop's manual downloaded from the internet. You might want to install some drivers in order to use the backlight.

--INDICATOR LIGHT--

1. LAPTOP KEYBOARD
      • If indicator light, try pressing the Caps Lock key and see if the caps lock light turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num lock.
      • Some laptops may show the "Caps Lock ON" in your laptop screen.
    2. EXTERNAL KEYBOARD (EITHER USB OR BLUETOOTH)
      • When you use the external keyboard, locate the "Caps Lock" key indicator light. Try pressing the "Caps Lock" and make sure if it is turned on. Same process for Scroll and Num Lock.

If these are not working, try installing or updating the drivers. You'll need to restart after installing.

remolanot, Mar 17, 2019
  4. why is there a light on, on the side of my laptop

Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Mar 17, 2019
Thema:

why is there a light on, on the side of my laptop

1. why is there a light on, on the side of my laptop - Similar Threads - why light side

2. why not open my microsoft side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why not open my microsoft side: evrything is problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-open-my-microsoft-side/05f1ea52-02bc-45d1-8916-6102cc28f67e
  3. why not open my microsoft side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why not open my microsoft side: evrything is problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-not-open-my-microsoft-side/05f1ea52-02bc-45d1-8916-6102cc28f67e
  4. Why wont my laptop charge and why does the light indicator keep blinking red?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my laptop charge and why does the light indicator keep blinking red?: And the night before, the charger actually made weird sounds at the outlet. So maybe there's an issue with the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-charge-and-why-does-the-light/73dd2c8c-13c1-4117-8b5e-504fbc4cdeba
  5. Why wont my laptop charge and why does the light indicator keep blinking red?

Why wont my laptop charge and why does the light indicator keep blinking red?: And the night before, the charger actually made weird sounds at the outlet. So maybe there's an issue with the charger? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-wont-my-laptop-charge-and-why-does-the-light/73dd2c8c-13c1-4117-8b5e-504fbc4cdeba
  6. My Laptop isnt turning on and my power light is blinking very slowly. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Laptop isnt turning on and my power light is blinking very slowly. Why?: Hello, I have been having issues with my Lenovo Ideapad gaming laptop. For whatever reason, i cant turn on my laptop, but when i try to press the power button, it starts blinking every 5 seconds, the light is on for 5 seconds, then its off for 5 seconds.This started happening...
  7. My Laptop isnt turning on and my power light is blinking very slowly. Why?

My Laptop isnt turning on and my power light is blinking very slowly. Why?: Hello, I have been having issues with my Lenovo Ideapad gaming laptop. For whatever reason, i cant turn on my laptop, but when i try to press the power button, it starts blinking every 5 seconds, the light is on for 5 seconds, then its off for 5 seconds.This started happening...
  8. Light Blue lines apeared on the sides of any wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Light Blue lines apeared on the sides of any wallpaper: i was chcanging my wallpaper than two lines randomly appeared on my wallpaper, i even restarted my desktop pc and its still there what is it caused by? how can i remove it? is this just a temporary problem or is there a problem with my pc?...
  9. Night Light always on in my laptop.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light always on in my laptop.: Hi, I have this issue for quite a long period say 6-8 months after a cumulative update on Nov 2019. If I have to work on a normal screen for every time I have to disable the graphics card enabled in the laptop. If I disable it the screen brightness adjuster is not working &...
  10. Light on laptop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light on laptop: My laptop keeps going very dim ive tried to adjust the brightness but still goes dim..any help b very welcome ? thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/light-on-laptop/176421f3-08b0-4ede-91f5-f5dd488ec012