Windows 10: Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?

Discus and support Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was trying to install jdk today and I found out there's already a jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft. I have never installed java on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by who_tf_took_seanmamasde_t, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?

I was trying to install jdk today and I found out there's already a jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft. I have never installed java on this machine before. Anyone knows why is it there like enabled features or installed software that led to this? Would it be okay if I place my own java installation's path above that one? My current installation is Windows 11 Enterprise Edition, Build 22623.1180, beta channel.Any help is appreciated thanks!

:)

who_tf_took_seanmamasde_t, Jan 26, 2023
Thema:

Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?

1. Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft? - Similar Threads - Why microsoft build

2. Microsoft C++ programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft C++ programs: I have several Microsoft C++ programs ranging from2008 to 2015-2022. Are they all necessary or are they updates to a single program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-c-programs/e7aaf73c-6d86-4dea-ad18-ce6fe52efcbd
  3. Is the Microsoft folder under Windows C/Program files able to be deleted?

Is the Microsoft folder under Windows C/Program files able to be deleted?: My laptop regualarly seem"s to be running out of storage; just ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup" AND /ResetBase" and I now have a comfortable 2GB's showing as available but from recent experience this may show as half that tomorrow without anything...
  4. Is the Microsoft folder under Windows C/Program files able to be deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is the Microsoft folder under Windows C/Program files able to be deleted?: My laptop regualarly seem"s to be running out of storage; just ran "Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup" AND /ResetBase" and I now have a comfortable 2GB's showing as available but from recent experience this may show as half that tomorrow without anything...
  5. Is the Microsoft folder under Windows C/Program files able to be deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Problems updating programs after installing Pre Release build 23475

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems updating programs after installing Pre Release build 23475: Installed pre-release version 23476, having problems updating some of my other programs. Have tried SFC & DISM to check for any errors in the system but all comes back no errors....
  7. Problems updating programs after installing Pre Release build 23475

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems updating programs after installing Pre Release build 23475: Installed pre-release version 23476, having problems updating some of my other programs. Have tried SFC & DISM to check for any errors in the system but all comes back no errors....
  8. Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a microsoft build of jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft?: I was trying to install jdk today and I found out there's already a jdk pre-installed under C:\Program Files\Microsoft. I have never installed java on this machine before. Anyone knows why is it there like enabled features or installed software that led to this? Would it be...
  9. Programs not installing or running properly under Win Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Programs not installing or running properly under Win Pro 10.0.19041 Build 19041: I reset my laptop running Windows Home 10 and installed all the latest updates. Several programs e.g. WinAutomation 8, Nuance PowerPdf 3 either don't install or don't run. I then upgraded to Win Pro 10 via the online upgrade available from Amazon and still have the same...
  10. have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program...

have two sets of microsoft pre installed applications in folder Program Files and Program...: i have two sets of windows softwares on both folders of Program Files and Program Files(x86), i could not uninstall them in any way, i even used powershell and command prompt, but still, i cant remove them, my computer is running out of storage(128GB SSD)[ATTACH][ATTACH]...