Windows 10: Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

Discus and support Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RaymondDunne1, Apr 12, 2024.

1. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow too big, which it will if it's allowed to, which it is by default. I have my opinions on why this is so, but I won't share them here. Anyway, in trying to get rid of the dreaded "low disk space" warning I noticed that many of the apps have a "move" option however not a single one of the many that did, actually was able to move. What is the point in having features that do nothing?

:)

RaymondDunne1, Apr 12, 2024

2. Sd app saving MOVE option is grayed out it will not let me click on it

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Did you make any changes in prior to this issue?
    • Is this specific to games?
    I suggest you to try the steps below and check if this helps. Since move option is greyed out, I would suggest you to un-install and reinstall the game and check. Follow the below steps.

• Go to Settings and select System.

• Click on App & Features, click on game and uninstall the game.

• Now click on Storage and select a drive on
      New apps will save to.

• Try re-installing the game again and check.
    Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Apr 12, 2024
  3. Naki Win User
    Feature suggestions - move to proper menus, add Options window

Suggestions:
    1) Remove main menus from top left menu (system menu) and move them to a standard Windows menu, at the top.
    Leave the 6 system menu items (Restore --- Close) in system menu, move all the rest to that standard main menu. The main menu can be auto-hidable - pressing Alt key to invoke it or hide it, similar to the way IE11 menus and many Windows 10 built-in apps' menus work.

2) And/or, add an Options menu or button, which would invoke a separate screen with GPU-Z Options, similar to how most Windows apps work.
    Most Windows apps have a separate Options screen, which GPU-Z lacks - one should be added.

Thanks in advance for listening!

4. John Vil Win User

Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

moving and resizing

Hi Bob,

There may be several reasons why you are unable to resize or move applications after installing an update. To better assist you with your concern, we would like you to answer the questions below:

• Does it happen only on one application?
    • Which application are you having issues resizing or moving?

In the meantime, we suggest you to run the Windows 10 troubleshooter. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key +X, select
      Control panel
    • Change the view by option on the top right to
      Large icons
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the
      view all option on the left panel
    • Run the Windows Store apps troubleshooter
    Let us know how it goes.

John Vil, Apr 12, 2024
Thema:

Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

1. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved? - Similar Threads - Why move option

2. Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a "move" option if none of the apps can be moved?: Greetings. I have plenty of free space on my laptop but I keep the partition for Windows at 224GB. I do this purposefully so that Windows won't grow too big, which it will if it's allowed to, which it is by default. I have my opinions on why this is so, but I won't share them...
  3. Why was the option to move the Taskbar removed?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why was the option to move the Taskbar removed?: I liked being able to have my task bar on the side of my laptop and now I can't. Just wondering what the reasoning behind this was. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-option-to-move-the-taskbar-removed/1ac6ffd4-c3b2-4c0a-bb9e-b94c9874510e
  4. Why was the option to move the Taskbar removed?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why was the option to move the Taskbar removed?: I liked being able to have my task bar on the side of my laptop and now I can't. Just wondering what the reasoning behind this was. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-was-the-option-to-move-the-taskbar-removed/1ac6ffd4-c3b2-4c0a-bb9e-b94c9874510e
  5. Move to and Copy to options

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Move to and Copy to options: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. A feature that I don't see which I used quite often in Windows 10 is the option to Move to or Copy to which used to be in the top ribbon. Can someone please tell me if it was removed or if I just don't know how to locate it?...
  6. Move to and Copy to options

Move to and Copy to options: I recently upgraded to Windows 11. A feature that I don't see which I used quite often in Windows 10 is the option to Move to or Copy to which used to be in the top ribbon. Can someone please tell me if it was removed or if I just don't know how to locate it?...
  7. Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.

Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.: How can I move an application from the C drive to the D drive on Windows 11? Can seem to find the "move" button as mentioned by Windows 10 users....
  8. Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Moving app to another drive - No move option found.: How can I move an application from the C drive to the D drive on Windows 11? Can seem to find the "move" button as mentioned by Windows 10 users....
  9. why I can not move taskbar?

why I can not move taskbar?: like this picture! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-move-taskbar/c8c1e68e-6846-4f8f-9570-cebb715e16d8
  10. why I can not move taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why I can not move taskbar?: like this picture! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-i-can-not-move-taskbar/c8c1e68e-6846-4f8f-9570-cebb715e16d8