Windows 10: Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?

Discus and support Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So for context, my taskbar was freezing, going black, restarting, then freezing again. After looking online and then doing some command console and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Quito382, May 13, 2024.

1. Quito382 Win User

Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?

So for context, my taskbar was freezing, going black, restarting, then freezing again. After looking online and then doing some command console and powershell commands the issue was fixed. I noticed after restarting my PC that there's a number after the name of the wifi i'm connected to. For example, when I hover over the wifi symbol its shows "WIFI_name 2". The "2" was never there before I did the commands. Did I make a mistake when I ran all the commands and broke something? Or am I overthinking? Regardless, any help is appreciated.For further context, here is a link to the commands I ran to

:)

Quito382, May 13, 2024
  2. wabbles Win User

When will the wifi connectivity problems be solved?

OK, so the Windows 10 engineers bollixed up the wifi connectivity part of the operating system. Everybody knows that by now. It seems they are making some progress in resolving it. Now, instead of seeing "Secured, No Internet" on your list of wifi connections, you see "Connected, Secured" EXCEPT no webpages will load. So you really aren't connected. It does seem to be a step in the right direction. Does anybody know when they plan on a full and complete repair of this screw up of epic proportions?

wabbles, May 13, 2024
  3. Unable to print to a network printer when connected to both wireless and wired networks

Hi Eileen,

• As far as i'm aware nothing has changed
    • i have only tried to send test pages to the network printer so im assuming so yes
    • wireless printer works fine when connected to both networks. However the wifi doesn't connect auto when an Ethernet connection is established this has to be manually connected.
    I have tried the following:

• updated the print driver
    • changed the network port it was plugged into
    • ran windows updates
    • configured with a static
    • changed the wifi and Ethernet priority
    I will run through the trouble shoot steps as suggest and come back to you.

FYI - he has a number of extenders dotted around, a collegue mentioned it could be a subnet issue?

thanks, Ben

BenDavies12333, May 13, 2024
  4. Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?

WiFi Adapter question

To be honest, I keep losing my wifi connection and Im almost positive its not due to my internet connection or Router or anything like that. VERY often, everyday, all day it keeps happening. The troubleshooter always resolves it by "reset wifi-adapter" (I believe this is the step it takes that resolves the problem) before it happens again anyways. Its driving me nuts ! Most time when it suddenly goes out (the connection) all the networks that should be in "show available networks" or all but the one I was connected to, disappear. I run the troubleshooter and it ends in resetting the wifi adapter. And it works. 10 minutes later, it happens again. Im trying to pin down the problem here. Thank you for your help.

Bright Eyes, May 13, 2024
Thema:

Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?

1. Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to? - Similar Threads - Why number wifi

2. Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?: So for context, my taskbar was freezing, going black, restarting, then freezing again. After looking online and then doing some command console and powershell commands the issue was fixed. I noticed after restarting my PC that there's a number after the name of the wifi i'm...
  3. Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why is there a number after the wifi im connected to?: So for context, my taskbar was freezing, going black, restarting, then freezing again. After looking online and then doing some command console and powershell commands the issue was fixed. I noticed after restarting my PC that there's a number after the name of the wifi i'm...
  4. Why is there no connect to wifi option?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there no connect to wifi option?: So today my computer suddenly disconnected from my wifi, and couldn’t reconnect or any other wifis. I couldn’t even find the option to look for wifi, it just disappeared. I tried to search online to fix this issue, but none of them worked, like updating adapterthere is a...
  5. Why is there no connect to wifi option?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why is there no connect to wifi option?: So today my computer suddenly disconnected from my wifi, and couldn’t reconnect or any other wifis. I couldn’t even find the option to look for wifi, it just disappeared. I tried to search online to fix this issue, but none of them worked, like updating adapterthere is a...
  6. Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?: hello, my family had recently reset the wifi password, which i know of and can connect to it on multiple other devices such as my phone, ipad and even my family members laptops. But when i try to connect to it on my PC there is a little white x at the corner of the wifi i try...
  7. Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?: hello, my family had recently reset the wifi password, which i know of and can connect to it on multiple other devices such as my phone, ipad and even my family members laptops. But when i try to connect to it on my PC there is a little white x at the corner of the wifi i try...
  8. Why wont my wifi connect after resetting the wifi password?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  9. Cannot see Wifi options but Im connected to wifi

Cannot see Wifi options but Im connected to wifi: [ATTACH] As you could see i cannot see any network signals or anything but i am connected to Wifi, Things i tried : -Netword reset -Reinstalling wifi driver -Trying to update windows but failing due to error 0x8007042c -Starting Windows time in services I appreciate any...
  10. Why cant I see wireless connection and why does it say im connect to wifi but no internet

Why cant I see wireless connection and why does it say im connect to wifi but no internet: [IMG] *HELP* I tried to connect to my wifi but it says no internet. Second problem is it wont show any wireless wifi connection. Some one help please....