Windows 10: Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars?

Discus and support Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm having an error where I couldn't open my wireless networks to select a network, but after reading online and going to services to check if... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by voidonline, Oct 13, 2017.

1. Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars?

I'm having an error where I couldn't open my wireless networks to select a network, but after reading online and going to services to check if something's enabled and on the right setting, I clicked something and my wireless network icon turned grey w/ a red X.

It looks like this:

Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars? [​IMG]

:)

voidonline, Oct 13, 2017

2. An X with the number 88 in bottom left corner.

I had my computer asleep for about 6 hours. and when I came back, on the lock screen there was a red circle with an X in the lower left corner. it had the number 88 right next to it.

I tried searching for anything related but it was all "red X with flag" - "red X over network".

but its in the left corner and just the red encircled X with "88" next to it.

is this how many times someone tried to log on to my pc? even though my room is locked?

donnyhogan, Oct 13, 2017
  3. Unable to connect to Wifi Network

Original Title: Red X on Wifi (Windows 10)

My wifi icon at the bottom of the screen has a red X on it. When I hover over it, it says "not connected. no connections are available"

I went to the network and sharing center and it says "unidenfifted network"

I found my wireless adapter and it says "unidentifies network" I tried to go to properties and nothing happened.

My laptop is a Toshiba Satellie C55-B5299

Iamjasonclark, Oct 13, 2017
  4. Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars?

EDIT:
    I'm still connected to my Wi-Fi network but it shows that icon instead of the full white bars.

voidonline, Oct 13, 2017
  5. After turning Wi-Fi off and back on, it still didn't work. But, after a restart, it worked and I can see my wireless networks.

voidonline, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars?

1. Why is there a red X next to my wireless network bars? - Similar Threads - Why red next

2. Why is there a Red X on my audio?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is there a Red X on my audio?: I have a Red X on my audio on the lower right hand of my computer. Has been that way since Thursday and I am trying everything to get the sound back but no avail. Can you help me regain the sound back on my computer. It would be greatly appreciated....
  3. Why is there a Red X on my audio?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there a Red X on my audio?: I have a Red X on my audio on the lower right hand of my computer. Has been that way since Thursday and I am trying everything to get the sound back but no avail. Can you help me regain the sound back on my computer. It would be greatly appreciated....
  4. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon: Greetings,Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and...
  5. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon: Greetings,Up until yesterday, my PC hadn't had any issues with audio whatsoever. Everything was working fine, and I was receiving audio output from my PC's front panel through my headphones. Today, I wake up and there's a red 'X' next to the volume icon in the taskbar, and...
  6. Audio Issues Red 'X' next to audio icon

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Red X on Bluetooth Network Connection

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X on Bluetooth Network Connection: I have scoured the internet for an answer to no avail. For a while now, my Bluetooth Network occasionally refused to identify devices. A simple, although pain in the butt from time to time, solution was to reboot. Sometimes it would require 2 or 3 reboots before the...
  8. WiFi Network Has X Next To It

WiFi Network Has X Next To It: Hello, I hope all is well. For some reason my main network at home is showing up as an X on my computer. I was wondering if someone could help me. I've attached a screenshot of what the X looks like below although on my computer only my main network has an X on it and the...
  9. All my files have a red X next to them?

All my files have a red X next to them?: How do I get rid of these red X's and Onedrive in a way so that I keep all my onedrive files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/all-my-files-have-a-red-x-next-to-them/d417fc42-bb9f-4c98-8263-50e835f09552"
  10. Red x on network icon

Red x on network icon: This is Vista question, but I usually get better results here. The network icon on my wife's desktop has a red X on it. I right clicked and it ran some kind of diagnostics and supposedly sent a message to MS, who I'll never hear from, I'm sure. My desktop is fine...no red x...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. red x next to wifi