Windows 10: Why is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file?

Discus and support Why is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello,My computer has two drives: the primary drive C: with the Windows and other applications' installationsthe secondary drive D: with my personal... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by engineer_and_you, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Why is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file?

Hello,My computer has two drives: the primary drive C: with the Windows and other applications' installationsthe secondary drive D: with my personal dataNow, I see a Windows10Upgrade folder in my D drive consuming nearly 8 GB space. This folder has two files:19042.631.201119-0144.20h2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd19042.631.201119-0144.20h2_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd_So I am wondering the use of these files because I really didn't create them. I read here that Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP base

:)

engineer_and_you, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Abid33 Win User

Windows10Upgrade Folder

I was updating new version of windows 10 using windows10upgrader assistant. After 80-90% of updating process due to my internet connection failure, the updating process stopped but a ESD file was left
    in the windows10upgrade folder. This ESD file size is nearly 3.5GB that seems too much to me and so I moved it into disk-E because I was suffering from disk-C storage shortage already. I want to delete only the ESD file permanently from disk-E as well. Is
    it completely safe to delete? Is there any negative issue in deleting the file? [Note: After a few days, my pc automatically updated the new version. But the ESD file stayed]

Abid33, Jun 3, 2021
  3. Windows ESD Installation Files in Disk Cleanup

Hi!

If I have mistakenly deleted the Windows ESD installation files folder through Disk Cleanup, how can I get them back?

Thanks!

Evanescence12, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Why is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file?

Windows10Upgrade Folder - Can I delete or move it?

I just completed the recent anniversary upgrade to Windows 10. When I finished I keep getting a Low Disk Space Warning message for my Recovery (DWhy is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file? :) drive. I looked at the Recovery drive and saw two items:

• A file that says "recovery"
    • a file folder that says "Windows10Upgrade"
    So here's my question: Do I need the "Windows10Upgrade" folder any longer and if so why. I would like to delete or move it because it may relieve the Low Disk Space Warning message for my Recovery (DWhy is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file? :) drive.

Can anyone help me with this question?

Farkel2445, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Why is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file?

1. Why is there a Windows10Upgrade folder on my hard disk with an ESD file and an ESD_ file? - Similar Threads - Why Windows10Upgrade folder

2. 3gb .esd file in a folder named "Windows10Upgrade" in C:\

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    3gb .esd file in a folder named "Windows10Upgrade" in C:\: There is a file named 18362.30.190401-1528.19h1_release_svc_refresh_CLIENTCONSUMER_RET_x64FRE_en-us.esd, which is likely the 19h1 update file suggesting the name. However, I am on 21H1. For reassurance, can this file be deleted safely?...
  3. ESD File

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    ESD File: Hey there! I have downloaded an esd file of windows 10 2004 update. I have to clean install my laptop. Should I convert esd file into iso and then install it ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-file/e6d50484-88cb-4821-be51-dba1adb957e9
  4. Windows10Upgrade Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10Upgrade Folder: I was updating new version of windows 10 using windows10upgrader assistant. After 80-90% of updating process due to my internet connection failure, the updating process stopped but the ESD file was left in the windows10upgrade folder. This ESD file size is nearly 3.5GB that...
  5. ESD folder on disk C

in Windows 10 Support
    ESD folder on disk C: Could this folder be used to run a dism restorehealth and if so what would the cmd look like to direct the repair. I just seem not to be able to direct the dism direction, thanks. Oh and it has and install esd in the sources folder. 129392
  6. Disk cleanup System files Windows ESD Installation folder not listed

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk cleanup System files Windows ESD Installation folder not listed: I want to run disk cleanup tool in Windows 10 after latest update. After windows calculated and showed the amount of space that can be saved for each folder under Systems , I could not find the folder "Windows ESD Installation " . Is this a problem? Where is the folder ? Tks...
  7. Do I need the install.esd AND installx64.esd files on my disk?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Do I need the install.esd AND installx64.esd files on my disk?: Hello everyone, I have both and install.esd and an installx64.esd file on my SSD, each occupy 2.7 GB on my SSD. I think I have them because I upgraded from win8 - correct me if I'm wrong. My question is that is it possible to save some disk space and remove those files?...
  8. ESD file

ESD file: In the $windows.~WS folder and then Sources there is a file Installx64.esd can that be used to create a ISO file that can be burned to do an Install? also would rufus be able to create a bootable usb? thanks. Shipinomore 30057
  9. Saving the esd file

Saving the esd file: Hi When Windows 10 downloads a new build from Windows Update, how can I save the esd file to create an installation DVD running on each computer? Thanks Bye 9142
  10. ESD folder on disk C

in Windows 10 Support
    ESD folder on disk C: Hello! I am new here so please excuse me if this is already answered. I am succesfuly upgraded Windows 8.1 Pro 64 bit to Windows 10 Pro 64 bit via Microsoft Free Upgrade offer. Everything works fine, so there is no problem My question is: After upgrading to W10 there...