Windows 10: Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.

Discus and support Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Ads showing up in my inbox like emails. Completely unacceptable.[ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mc_04, Jul 12, 2018.

1. mc_04 Win User

Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.

Ads showing up in my inbox like emails. Completely unacceptable. Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app. 367b392b-5092-4bdb-980d-8f38b9e7dad2?upload=true.png

:)

mc_04, Jul 12, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 12, 2018
  3. Two inboxes in Mail App

We appreciate your detailed response. An outdated application and system file corruption are a few of the reasons why you are experiencing issues with the Windows Mail app. Let’s start with downloading and running the
    Windows apps troubleshooter. It will automatically detect and fix
    issues that affects the Windows Mail app performance.

If the issue persists, you can reset the Windows Mail app. This will clear the Mail cache and put the app back to its default setting. Make sure to remove your account from the Windows Mail app before resetting it. Once you’ve removed your
    account, follow these steps:

• Go to Settings.
    • Choose System.
    • Select Apps & features.
    • Click Mail and Calendar from the list of applications and features.
    • Click Advanced options.
    • Hit Reset.
    • Re-add your account and see if the second inbox folder is still there.

If you still see the second inbox folder after resetting the Windows Mail app, we recommend uninstalling and reinstall it using the PowerShell command.
    Uninstall the Windows Mail app by following the steps below:

• Type PowerShell in Search.
    • Right-click Windows PowerShell.
    • Choose Run as administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Here are the steps on how to reinstall the Windows Mail app using the PowerShell command:

• Type PowerShell in Search.
    • Right-click Windows PowerShell.
    • Choose Run as administrator.
    • Type Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Kristine Arp, Jul 12, 2018
  4. Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.

Two inboxes in Mail App

Hi,

One of the reasons why you are seeing two inbox folders in your Windows Mail app is how your email was set up. To best address your concern, we need you to answer the following questions:

• Have you tried checking your email using a browser to see if there is an existing second inbox folder?
    • When you open the second inbox folder, does it show the same content as the primary inbox folder?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If yes, kindly provide us a screenshot.
    • Did you make any changes before this issue happened?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We will be waiting for your response.

Kristine Arp, Jul 12, 2018
Thema:

Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app.

1. Why is there ads in my inbox in the Windows Mail app. - Similar Threads - Why ads inbox

2. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  3. Mail App - Shared Inbox

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail App - Shared Inbox: We have recently switched a majority of our team members to Microsoft 365 Basic so they can only access Outlook web app from now on. However, we have an app developed in-house using Access Runtime that everyone also relies on heavily. This app has a feature where if the user...
  4. There is no mail in my inbox.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    There is no mail in my inbox.: Somehow all my email was deleted, and I haven't received any emails for the past 4 days. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-mail-in-my-inbox/55cf8e73-4ffb-4eb0-99b5-da60eef68f9f
  5. There is no mail in my inbox.

There is no mail in my inbox.: Somehow all my email was deleted, and I haven't received any emails for the past 4 days. Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/there-is-no-mail-in-my-inbox/55cf8e73-4ffb-4eb0-99b5-da60eef68f9f
  6. Windows 10 Mail app inbox management

Windows 10 Mail app inbox management: This just started after the recent update. Focused inbox is working. Mail normally sent to other inbox is now going to junk along with what should be junk.****Original Title: Windows 10 mail version 16005.14326 sending other mail to junk.****...
  7. Changing default inbox in the mail app

Changing default inbox in the mail app: Whenever i open the mail app it shows the email that is in my inbox folder, but not all mails folder. Is there anyway to change that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-default-inbox-in-the-mail-app/40d950ab-adbc-4cc1-a867-5f11c6dae8bd
  8. Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox

Mail App is not showing attachments in inbox: Hey All, I have seen this in a number of threads but there have yet to be any adequate resolutions. I have the mail app on my desktop and it recently stopped including attachments. The paperclip is not visible and embedded images are not showing up. When I go to the same...
  9. Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail?

Why Doesn't Windows Mail App Support Focused Inbox for GMail?: I use Outlook for Android, which supports Focused inbox for both Hotmail/Outlook and GMail accounts. Why is Windows Main app different? It's kinda unexpected, inconvenient and weird Thank you!...
  10. Why is there ads in my inbox.

Why is there ads in my inbox.: Ads showing up in my inbox like emails. Completely unacceptable.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-outlook_mail/why-is-there-ads-in-my-inbox/0937f234-aa35-4bc3-9c7f-94038ca87748