Windows 10: Why is there another Windows 10 update? There was one in February and one in January.

Discus and support Why is there another Windows 10 update? There was one in February and one in January. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Fast traslate Icon translate In January I updated Windows, and it messed up my profile. I uninstalled it to try to fix the bug, and reinstalled it.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoshuaCaleb, Apr 20, 2021.

1. Why is there another Windows 10 update? There was one in February and one in January.

Fast traslate
    Icon translate
    In January I updated Windows, and it messed up my profile. I uninstalled it to try to fix the bug, and reinstalled it. Then I delayed the February update since I have not yet been able to fix my profile. Now in April there is already another update. Why is Windows frequently updating? I don't recall Vista updating so often. If it was, I know that it didn't mess up my profile. The only thing it did was cause blue screen errors. Those were horrendous though. However, I would like to know what is going on. It bugs me that Microsoft released an update in February a month after the previous update, and now there is already another one.

:)

JoshuaCaleb, Apr 20, 2021
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 20, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    Cumulative update for Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4: July 12, 2016

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Apr 20, 2021
  4. Why is there another Windows 10 update? There was one in February and one in January.

Windows 10 January 2017 Update - 100% Complete - Black Screen

The Windows 10 January 2017 update completes to 100% then nothing for hours. Forced to power down and reboot. On reboot it proceeds to screen with circle dots and mouse arrow, thats it. Have to reboot from CD and perform restore point recovery. I have
    updated all drivers - Dell Latitude 620 - done scf /scannow and all other suggested fixes. Nothing works. I hope the February 2017 update fixes this. I also had this problem with Dell Desktop - no restore point - had to re-install from scratch - real pain
    in the butt ( thanks to MS January 2017 update )

RobertSterner_Hotmail, Apr 20, 2021
Thema:

Why is there another Windows 10 update? There was one in February and one in January.

1. Why is there another Windows 10 update? There was one in February and one in January. - Similar Threads - Why another update

2. Attach window to another one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Attach window to another one: Hi,I'd need a small window on top of a big one to follow its movements, covering always the same portion.Thanks a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attach-window-to-another-one/ce35c363-568f-4876-b936-bfce2f73d29b
  3. Attach window to another one

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Attach window to another one: Hi,I'd need a small window on top of a big one to follow its movements, covering always the same portion.Thanks a lot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/attach-window-to-another-one/ce35c363-568f-4876-b936-bfce2f73d29b
  4. Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot: Good day.I have question. I want to upgrade my HDD to SSD on old acer notebook but i have just one slot for disc. How to proprerly do it? Just switching discs and use bootable USB stick with instalation or using "settings>recovery>factory reset" and connecting new SSD by USB...
  5. Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot: Good day.I have question. I want to upgrade my HDD to SSD on old acer notebook but i have just one slot for disc. How to proprerly do it? Just switching discs and use bootable USB stick with instalation or using "settings>recovery>factory reset" and connecting new SSD by USB...
  6. Reinstalling Windows 10 on one device from one disc to another with just one slot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't boot on one computer, but will boot on another one: Both of them are compatible with windows 10, the bootable one was a Core 2 Duo E8200, 2 GB of DDR2 800 MHZ ram, the one that won't boot is my main laptop Dell Latitude E6440 i5-4310M, 8GB of DDR3L 1600MHZ ram. Anyone have any idea? TIA submitted by /u/TheBoai [link]...
  8. Transferring Payments to One Windows 10 to Another

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Transferring Payments to One Windows 10 to Another: I have a Windows 10 computer and I've gotten a game that costs money in the Microsoft Store. If I were to get a Windows 10 Laptop or Windows 10 Surface, could I transfer the game, to the Laptop or Surface, so I don't have to pay for it again?...
  9. Roguekiller (another one)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roguekiller (another one): Why are all these programs french-made? Roguekiller page and download. At least, this one has got portable versions. PS - You must disable Windows Defender real-time feature prior to launching it. 69952
  10. Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!)

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 won't boot(Another one!): So here's the story: I shrunk my windows partition on my computer to make room for a new dual-boot.I also deleted a linux install, but windows was never detected by grub2, it booted exclusively from UEFI. Due to other issues shortly thereafter I reset my bios. I then started...