Windows 10: Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage?

Discus and support Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey all, I wanted to ask if someone smarter than me knew why Windows caches a consistent 400-600MB or so of uninstalled (or maybe just backups of)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NotAYuropean, Apr 12, 2021.

1. Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage?

Hey all, I wanted to ask if someone smarter than me knew why Windows caches a consistent 400-600MB or so of uninstalled (or maybe just backups of) updates in temporary files. This happens with nearly every update installation, and my best guess is it's either leftovers, backup, or preloads of the next version, but I'm not entirely sure. It's also worth noting that I check for updates very frequently and ensure my W10 is up to speed by manually managing excess files. It's just odd.

submitted by /u/NotAYuropean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NotAYuropean, Apr 12, 2021

2. Windows 10 Picture Files not updating thumbnails

Hi,

I realize that the picture files are not updating thumbnails. I will try to help you with this issue.

Suggest you to perform “Disk Cleanup”, cleaning up the temporary internet files, thumbnail, cookies and temp files, so as to check the thumbnail view of the photo is updated by cleaning up your temporary data.

Further, if the issue persists then you can also follow these steps:

• Right click in the Folder that contains the images.

• Select View.

• Note the current icon size, and change it to another size (ie: "Medium-Icons" to "Large-Icons", then back to "Medium-Icons").

• This causes the icons to be resized and their cache updated.

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Apr 12, 2021
  3. Temporary file

Hello Grishma,

To further assist you, please provide us the information below:

• Are you receiving any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting step have you tried so far?

Regarding on how to delete temporary files, go to Settings > System > Storage > This Device > Temporary Files > Delete temporary files (Windows phone 8: In
    Storage Sense
    Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage? 12507_en-us_1.png
    , go to
    Temporary files, and then tap Delete). Then, perform a soft reset to refresh your device. Press and hold
    Volume Down + Power button until phone vibrates and restarts.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Apr 12, 2021
  4. John Fer Win User

Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage?

Cache Files

Hello,

To clean up cache or temporary files on your Windows system, we suggest checking out this
    article. This contains steps that you can perform to help you with your concern.

Let us know if this works for you.

John Fer, Apr 12, 2021
Thema:

Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage?

1. Why is there consistently a large update file cache in temporary storage? - Similar Threads - Why consistently large

2. Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file: Hi, This problem has been bugging me for a while now. Whenever a large file is being extracted, the PC freezes and then sometimes just restarts without BSOD and sometimes it does. This happens when I try to update the game, it has a large .zip file that needs to be extracted...
  3. Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file: Hi, This problem has been bugging me for a while now. Whenever a large file is being extracted, the PC freezes and then sometimes just restarts without BSOD and sometimes it does. This happens when I try to update the game, it has a large .zip file that needs to be extracted...
  4. Consistent BSOD when extracting a large file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. "Updates" taking 15.7GB of storage on Laptop - Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Updates" taking 15.7GB of storage on Laptop - Temporary Files: Hi, I have a Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.376, and I have recently encountered this issue where Updates take 15.7GB on my laptop. I tried to use disk cleanup to remove this and kept my laptop up to date, but nothing helped. This has been an issue for weeks now. Is there any...
  6. "Updates" taking 15.7GB of storage on Laptop - Temporary Files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Updates" taking 15.7GB of storage on Laptop - Temporary Files: Hi, I have a Windows 11 21H2 Build 22000.376, and I have recently encountered this issue where Updates take 15.7GB on my laptop. I tried to use disk cleanup to remove this and kept my laptop up to date, but nothing helped. This has been an issue for weeks now. Is there any...
  7. Consistent BSoD while uploading large files.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Consistent BSoD while uploading large files.: Hello, I would certainly appreciate any help that you can give me! I've had multiple crashes displaying the, "Kmode Exception not handled", and the "Kernel mode heap corruption" errors. Computer runs fine most of the time. No crashes while playing video games, gpu driver...
  8. Office file cache size is too large

Office file cache size is too large: Hi, my office file cache size is very large and I’m thinking of deleting it. What repercussions are there for doing so? Will it delete my existing notes or files on onedrive? How do I know what FSD files are for which document? Thanks....
  9. temporary files storage

temporary files storage: temporary files is taking up 82GB of my storage and I want to find a way to get rid of the stuff I don't need or delete the stuff I wont use anymore. does anyone know what to do?...
  10. Disable WebDAV caching for large files

Disable WebDAV caching for large files: Hi, I use WebDAV on my NAS to access files remotely over the internet. The WebDAV volume can be conveniently mounted on the remote machines (Win 10) at startup via net use and it works fine without any third-party tools. However, Windows' own WebDAV client implementation is...