Windows 10: Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app?

Discus and support Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Recently, my Windows 20H2 has been showing some info at the top of the Settings app. For awhile, it was just telling me when Windows Update had last... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AndrewRossmann, Dec 6, 2020.

1. Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app?

Recently, my Windows 20H2 has been showing some info at the top of the Settings app. For awhile, it was just telling me when Windows Update had last run it's check. I've seen posts from others that show info like OneDrive needing to run or similar. Generally, showing computer-related info is a good idea on that screen.

Now, it is showing something about Microsoft Rewards. I consider that NOT ACCEPTABLE as it's basically advertising for MS services. I've seen how to disable that information bar entirely, but no way to limit what is and isn't shown. Is there a way to limit what is allowed to display there?

Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app? c5cdbc70-ee97-4a75-b4a5-43d924cc4d25?upload=true.jpg

:)

AndrewRossmann, Dec 6, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

New Microsoft To-Do app version 1.60 now available in Mac App Store

Source: Microsoft To-Do on the Mac App Store

Brink, Dec 6, 2020
  3. Microsoft Phot App

Hi PaBluOz,

Since the language on your PC is already set to Australian English, then I suggest that you reset your Microsoft Photos app. Note that the app's data will be deleted once you reset it.

To reset the Photos app, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to Settings > Apps > Apps & features.
    2. Locate and select Photos from the list of apps.
    3. Click Advanced options, then click Reset.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 6, 2020
  4. Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app?

Solitare Collection Crashes after "Bloopy" Advertisment

Thanks for the update. To better assist you with your concern, we suggest that you turn off the apps advertisement. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Open Settings.
    • Click on Privacy.
    • Click on General.
    • Under Change privacy options, turn off the Let apps use my advertising ID for experiences across apps toggle switch.

For further assistance, we also recommend that you post this concern on the in-game community. To proceed, you may refer to this

link

If you need further assistance, feel free to post anytime.

Wilfred Mac, Dec 6, 2020
Thema:

Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app?

1. Why is there Microsoft advertising on my Settings app? - Similar Threads - Why Microsoft advertising

2. Why my settings app is not opening?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why my settings app is not opening?: I have tried every possible solution. But my settings app is not opening. And for Display Settings I am getting error of " This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or,if one is already installed, create an association...
  3. Why my settings app is not opening?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why my settings app is not opening?: I have tried every possible solution. But my settings app is not opening. And for Display Settings I am getting error of " This file does not have an app associated with it for performing this action.Please install an app or,if one is already installed, create an association...
  4. Why does my Settings app not load?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my Settings app not load?: HELP!My settings app won't load. It just shows up the logo then it automatically closes. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-settings-app-not-load/1fc42c08-66d0-44e8-af62-b2d6e049e568
  5. Why does my Settings app not load?

Why does my Settings app not load?: HELP!My settings app won't load. It just shows up the logo then it automatically closes. Can anyone help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-does-my-settings-app-not-load/1fc42c08-66d0-44e8-af62-b2d6e049e568
  6. Why Is There Advertising On Microsoft Installed Games

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why Is There Advertising On Microsoft Installed Games: This Is When You Are Playing Installed Games Then To Get Rid Of Them It Asks For A Fee To Stop The Advertising https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-advertising-on-microsoft-installed/f41c2ec4-2688-4d4c-b13e-8241f57ccd7c
  7. Why am I seeing advertisements now on my Microsoft Solitaire game?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Why am I seeing advertisements now on my Microsoft Solitaire game?: Why am I seeing advertisements now on my Microsoft Solitaire game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-am-i-seeing-advertisements-now-on-my-microsoft/85706eb3-4cbb-4c5e-bf12-457a44cecf5a
  8. About Advertise on Microsoft Edge.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    About Advertise on Microsoft Edge.: Hey guys, wishing have a healthy and safety to all of you. I recently visited a motion graphics website to download some documents, unfortunately then I clicked "Allow" to load the file, and so a number of promotional messages appeared on Microsoft Edge. I downloaded AdBlock...
  9. Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire

Advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire: Please, for the love of all that's holy, turn down the advertisement volume in Microsoft Solitaire! Or, at least put a heath warning up when launching the app. Especially for headset users, like myself. I mean, just because I refuse to throw money at you to avoid the ads...
  10. advertisement

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    advertisement: after I installed new ink cartridges on my printer, an advertisement keeps popping up every 30 seconds thanking me for using HP cartridges and asks me to order from HP???? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/advertisement/0aa9bf9c-d8d1-42b5-8947-dc723b94f710"