Windows 10: Why is there multiple console window host open in the background?

Discus and support Why is there multiple console window host open in the background? in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Why is there multiple console window host open in the background? For those that don't know, it's the command prompt running in the background but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by desbest, May 12, 2021.

1. desbest Win User

Why is there multiple console window host open in the background?

Why is there multiple console window host open in the background? For those that don't know, it's the command prompt running in the background but without a graphical user interface. Is it being used as an attack vector to run viruses on my computer that bypass the antivirus because the commands are being run by a microsoft file? I'm using Windows 10 20H2

:)

desbest, May 12, 2021

2. Cortana background task host

Hi,

Cortana background task host is a standard Windows process that may affect a computer's performance. For us to properly assist you in disabling this task, we would like to confirm the following information:

• How and when did the issue start?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • Aside from attempting to disable the Search bar, have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve the concern?

Let us know these details so we can move forward to rectifying your query.

Dhavelyn Mer, May 12, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Can't open any console apps- 0x0000142

Hi,

We need to verify some information first for us to better assist you on your concern about the 0x0000142 error code. Kindly answer these questions:

• When did you start getting the 0x0000142 error code when accessing console apps?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer before encountering the issue?
    • Can you please tell us what are the console apps that are you attempting to access?
    • What are the steps that you've performed when you tried re-installing Windows 10?
    • Can you please tell us in what stage does the re-installation process failed?

We suggest posting a screenshot of the issue here for us to further investigate your concern.

Argel Obm, May 12, 2021
  4. Why is there multiple console window host open in the background?

i cant open multiple apps on windows 10

Hi Jacklyn,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10. 

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing on Windows 10, we will certainly help you with this issue. 

In order to assist you better, I would like to know the following queries:

• What happens when you try to open multiple apps?

• What exact error message are you get when you try to open multiple apps?

• Are you referring to Windows app or Desktop app?

I would suggest you to try the steps below and check if it helps:

• Open multiple apps that you want.

• Right click on the task bar.

• From the jump menu select Show all windows side by side.
    I also suggest you to run app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

Please get back to us with the above information, so that we can assist you better.

Thank you.

JuzarAli1709, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Why is there multiple console window host open in the background?

1. Why is there multiple console window host open in the background? - Similar Threads - Why multiple console

2. Script causes Powershell to open in Console Host instead of Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Script causes Powershell to open in Console Host instead of Windows Terminal: I am trying to run a script that opens a powershell instance for every sub-directory and runs the command whisperPathHere's the code:Get-ChildItem -Directory -Recurse ForEach-Object { Start-Process -FilePath "pwsh.exe" -ArgumentList "-NoExit -Command Set-Location -LiteralPath...
  3. Script causes Powershell to open in Console Host instead of Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Script causes Powershell to open in Console Host instead of Windows Terminal: I am trying to run a script that opens a powershell instance for every sub-directory and runs the command whisperPathHere's the code:Get-ChildItem -Directory -Recurse ForEach-Object { Start-Process -FilePath "pwsh.exe" -ArgumentList "-NoExit -Command Set-Location -LiteralPath...
  4. Script causes Powershell to open in Console Host instead of Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. console window host high cpu usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    console window host high cpu usage: Certainly! Here's a revised version of your comment: "I'm experiencing an issue with the Console Window Host process on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. Occasionally, the console host window randomly consumes a high amount of CPU usage, up to 30%, while using very little memory,...
  6. console window host high cpu usage

console window host high cpu usage: Certainly! Here's a revised version of your comment: "I'm experiencing an issue with the Console Window Host process on my Windows 10 64-bit PC. Occasionally, the console host window randomly consumes a high amount of CPU usage, up to 30%, while using very little memory,...
  7. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  8. Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple Instances of Same Application Opening in the Background: Hello There,I have this issue on my Windows 11 wherein it opens up multiple copies of the same application. In the screenshot from this link that I only opened Photoshop without any tabs or design being active, and yet it shows multiple instances of the same application in...
  9. microsoft console based script host

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    microsoft console based script host: I have a aplication that use a script, but, when i try do run, but doesn´t do nothing. The icon apear in the task bare, but does do anything. Can you help me please Nádia Ruivo...
  10. Multiple backgrounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Multiple backgrounds: How do i set 2 different backgrounds on win 10 without activating windows submitted by /u/TakenSteak [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fp1hy3/multiple_backgrounds/