Windows 10: Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

Discus and support Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by ApurvVashisht, Feb 3, 2022.

1. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it shouldn't be too difficult for developers at Microsoft to integrated the feature in the OS. It would save the users the pain of opting for untrusted 3rd party apps or even more tiring- doing it manually. Obviously, having an automatic switch would not just be a gimmick feature, but would be extremely helpful in reducing the eye s

:)

ApurvVashisht, Feb 3, 2022
  2. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, Feb 3, 2022
  3. Cliff S Win User
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

To get a "dark mode" for file explorer you need to use "Color Filter" in ease of access, and that will change all your color settings on the whole system, icons, wallpaper, settings, app color mode(need to switch to light so it will become dark) inclusive. what it does is just invert all color settings. After switching to invert, you will need to re theme your system.

*Arrow Turn On or Off Color Filters to the Screen in Windows 10 Customization Tutorials

Original coloring

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in... [​IMG]

Inverted coloring

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in... [​IMG]

As for forum theme, look at the bottom:

Cliff S, Feb 3, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

HiDerek

This was all caused by that new light theme in version 1903 of Windows 10, to revert everything to the settings prior to that update, here are the steps . ..

Open the Settings App (gear icon on your Start Menu)

Go to Personalization - Colors

Set 'Choose your Color' to Custom

Set Windows Mode to Dark

Set App Mode to Light or Dark

Then that option to change the Taskbar color should be active . ..

You can also set App Mode to light or dark separately form Windows Mode and there is a new feature in 1903, where form each Apps settings, you can individually set an app to either dark or light mode . ..

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in... ea3fa415-d3b0-407f-8262-0fe5e937d827?upload=true.png

DaveM121, Feb 3, 2022
Thema:

Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

1. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in... - Similar Threads - Why automatic switch

2. Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is there no automatic switch between Light Mode and Dark Mode on Windows Theme in...: I have recently bought a new laptop with Windows 11. Having varied usage hours spanning between day and night, I noticed that Windows 11 lacks an automatic Dark Mode based on Sunset/ Sunrise or custom hours setting. Seeing as how simple it is for my phone to do so, it...
  3. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  4. Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot: Hi So I have encountered a problem as of last week in which every time my computer turns off and reboots, my app theme switches from dark mode to light mode. It just seems to be my app theme that keeps switching back to light mode. Is there anyone else with a similar problem...
  5. Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot

Dark Mode Switches to Light After Every Boot: Hi So I have encountered a problem as of last week in which every time my computer turns off and reboots, my app theme switches from dark mode to light mode. It just seems to be my app theme that keeps switching back to light mode. Is there anyone else with a similar problem...
  6. Light folders in dark mode

Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  7. Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?

Does Windows 10 have a shortcut to switch between light and dark themes?: Have a Surface Book 2, and it's incredibly inconvenient for me to have to dig into the settings when I am in low lighting in order to change the system theme. Is there anything that lets me change between them quickly? submitted by /u/PM_ME_ENORMOUS_TITS [link] [comments]...
  8. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...
  9. Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: switch between Light and Dark mode automatically: Windows 10 Auto-Night-Mode is a free open source program for Microsoft's Windows 10 operating system to switch between light and dark mode automatically. Microsoft introduced dark theme support in Windows 10 and improved the mode in recent versions of the operating system;...
  10. Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Default App Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10: How to: Change Default App & Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme in Windows 10 How to Change Default App Mode and Windows Mode to Light or Dark Theme Color in Windows 10 In Windows 10, you can change your apps instantly from light mode to dark mode great for low-light...