Windows 10: Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?

Discus and support Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg? in Cortana to solve the problem; Wales is a separate country from England. We have our own dialects and accents of English and we have our own language. It is annoying to hear the... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by TimDill-Peterson, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?

Wales is a separate country from England. We have our own dialects and accents of English and we have our own language. It is annoying to hear the English voice misprounounce Welsh place names. The issue of the lack of Welsh native language is another!

:)

TimDill-Peterson, Jan 13, 2021
  2. T.Brueton Win User

Welsh language support - Cymraeg

Having recently (mid 2015) acquired a Lumia 535, the short answer appears to be not at all. Cymraeg/Welsh is conspicuously absent from the mostly very long lists of languages that appear when you investigate language options, for example for keyboards.

For me, the first priority is to find a way to enter accented vowels - especially circumflex - on the seven vowels aeiouwy; there isn't a Welsh software keyboard, and I haven't yet found a way to do accents on the Lumia. ( .... at least the graphics will
    display âêîôûŵŷ ).

I imagine the French keyboard would be capable for the first 5, but for ŵ,Ŵ,ŷ,Ŷ ? Any suggestions welcome...

TB

T.Brueton, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Iesu Mawr Win User

Siwt mae'n ceibio?

Does dim dewisiad i gosod Cymraeg fel iaith yr ffon yn grwn, ond mae'n bosib i gosod iaith 'browser and search' i Cymraeg. Gwell na ddim, tybed.

Gallwch gofyn am rhagor o cynhaliaeth i Cymraeg ar y safwe isod, ond i fod yn honest dwy i'n ddim yn meddwl fod Microsoft yn hyd nod yn gwybod fod mae Cymru yn bodoli gan fod Americanwyr sydd yn gwneud yr penderfyniadau i gyd.

http://windowsphone.uservoice.com/forums/101801-feature-suggestions

Hwyl.

Iesu Mawr, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?

Microsoft has an good track record of supporting Welsh on its desktop products.

How well is the Welsh language supported in Windows Phone?

darganfyddiad, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg?

1. Why is there no Cortana voice in English, Welsh accent or Cymraeg? - Similar Threads - Why Cortana voice

2. TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?: I wonder, is there a way to make voices of foreign languages speak English without it sounding like "broken English"? For example, English with a Japanese accent? Or maybe even a Dutch or a German accent? Here's an example. English with a German accent: Airport Announcements...
  3. TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TTS Voices: English In Other Accents?: I wonder, is there a way to make voices of foreign languages speak English without it sounding like "broken English"? For example, English with a Japanese accent? Or maybe even a Dutch or a German accent? Here's an example. English with a German accent: Airport Announcements...
  4. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  5. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?: I've got her speaking French.I've got her speaking English.But trying to get her to speak in English with a French accent I've been struggling to do? Is it possible?I have it working with Alexa, I have it working with Google, I have it working with Home Assistant, but will it...
  6. Can Cortana Speak in English but with a French accent?

7. Cortana's Accent

in Cortana
    Cortana's Accent: Even though my default language is English United States, Cortana keeps talking with a british accent. Is there any way to change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortanas-accent/e746b0ec-f4e1-4acc-bb4f-0d2bd3661d89
  8. Why has Cortana's voice changed?

in Cortana
    Why has Cortana's voice changed?: Today I wanted to talk to Cortana, but I saw that Cortana's voice has changed! I really liked Cortana's previous voice, but this one does not speak to me at all Sorry if there was a problem with my writing Ah, I am Iranian and I translate my words I'm confused...
  9. Cortana English

in Cortana
    Cortana English: If Cortana English is not available in Canada as the annoying pop up keep stating, then why don't Microsoft remove it from its windows 10 settings for devices marketed for Canada? It doesn't stay closed nor minimized and pops up as a useless item with the words; SORRY, BUT...
  10. Change Cortana's Accent

Change Cortana's Accent: Hello all, just upgraded to Windows 10 Enterprise today. I am a fan of the Halo, so I am a bit disappointed that Cortana has a different voice for me in the UK than the one in the US (which is the same voice actor as the one in the game). Does anyone know how I might...