Windows 10: Why is there no performance channel for Windows?

Discus and support Why is there no performance channel for Windows? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I think it would be a great suggestion to make a channel without feature and security patches, allowing max performance on mass data computing and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SypeC, Feb 28, 2024.

1. SypeC Win User

Why is there no performance channel for Windows?

I think it would be a great suggestion to make a channel without feature and security patches, allowing max performance on mass data computing and gaming. The tradeoff for security patches and features seems to be totally disproportionate. Especially machines that run primarily offline would benefit from this. Or those who run at a fixed state.Caching vs storage read/computations can as well be disproportionate in situations. You could cause a software to use 3gb more for an increase in performance of computation of 1%. Most likely not worth it. I hope they are going to add something like this

:)

SypeC, Feb 28, 2024

2. windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2024
  3. Weather channel app for windows 10

Hi,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

We appreciate you for trying the troubleshooting steps.

As the issue still persists, I suggest you to start you system in safe mode and check if the issue persist. If in safe mode, issue didn’t persist then, perform a clean boot and check if it helps.

Step 1: To start your system in safe mode with Networking, follow the below steps:

• Press and hold Shift key and
      restart
      your Computer.

• Select Troubleshoot.

• Select Advance Option.

• Select Startup Settings.

• Follow the on Screen instruction.

• Select Safe mode with Networking, from the list of options

Step 2: Perform Clean boot.

A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program.

How to perform a clean boot in Windows - Microsoft Support

Note: Steps mentioned for Windows 8/8.1, will work fine with Windows 10.

Disclaimer: Please go through the section: How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot of the Kb article to boot the computer in normal startup after fixing the issue.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Feb 28, 2024
  4. Why is there no performance channel for Windows?

Issues with weather channel app on Windows 10.

Hi Brigitte,

Thank you for your response with the current update on the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the information below:

• When you say that "the weather channel on line and downloaded it --- or tried", are you referring of downloading and installing weather app from the website?
    • When you say that "I could not find any weather channel files on my computer", have you tried to search for the application through search bar?
    • When you say that "It seems to download fine, says ‘you own this program’", are you trying to download from Windows Store?
    • Are you logged in as Microsoft account or Local Account?

I suggest you to follow the steps below to run Windows update troubleshooter to check for any changes in Windows update settings. Also start Windows installer services and try to download weather app through Windows Store.
    Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to perform the Windows Update troubleshooter to check for any change in Windows update settings. Check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type “Troubleshooting” without the quotes and click on
    Troubleshooting.

3. Then click on View All on the left panel of the screen.

4. Click on Windows Update.

5. Click on Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to try to start Windows Installer services and check if it helps.

1. Press Windows Key + R Key.

2. Type "services.msc" without the quotes and click on it.

3. Search for Windows installer.

4. Double click on it and under Startup type, select
    Automatic.

5. Then click on Start button.

Note: If you are not able to change the Startup type, then continue starting the service by clicking on Start button.

If you have installed the weather app from the website, then I suggest you to search for the application through steps below and check if it helps.

1. Click on Search bar.

2. Type "Weather" without the quotes in the search bar and click on it.

3. Try to open it.

Please get back to us with an update on issue with weather app, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Feb 28, 2024
Thema:

Why is there no performance channel for Windows?

1. Why is there no performance channel for Windows? - Similar Threads - Why performance channel

2. Cannot perform Windows Update to v26212.5000. Why?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot perform Windows Update to v26212.5000. Why?: My home machine has failed at updating in the Insiders Preview channel for more than 1 year. In looking at others' situations, I cannot determine from the logs what is the cause. Here is info from the cmd "fltmc & fltmc instances":Filter Name Num Instances Altitude Frame...
  3. Cannot perform Windows Update to v26212.5000. Why?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot perform Windows Update to v26212.5000. Why?: My home machine has failed at updating in the Insiders Preview channel for more than 1 year. In looking at others' situations, I cannot determine from the logs what is the cause. Here is info from the cmd "fltmc & fltmc instances":Filter Name Num Instances Altitude Frame...
  4. Why is there no performance channel for Windows?

Why is there no performance channel for Windows?: I think it would be a great suggestion to make a channel without feature and security patches, allowing max performance on mass data computing and gaming. The tradeoff for security patches and features seems to be totally disproportionate. Especially machines that run...
  5. Why is there no performance channel for Windows?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Why is there no performance channel for Windows?: I think it would be a great suggestion to make a channel without feature and security patches, allowing max performance on mass data computing and gaming. The tradeoff for security patches and features seems to be totally disproportionate. Especially machines that run...
  6. Why there are no options for to choose the channel athough i'm on beta channel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why there are no options for to choose the channel athough i'm on beta channel: Hey, i just want to check for updates for the insider program then when i go to the insider settings, it doesn't have option for channels available even though i am on beta channel right now. Any thoughts ?...
  7. Why there are no options for to choose the channel athough i'm on beta channel

Why there are no options for to choose the channel athough i'm on beta channel: Hey, i just want to check for updates for the insider program then when i go to the insider settings, it doesn't have option for channels available even though i am on beta channel right now. Any thoughts ?...
  8. Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?: I had this issue with many PCs I had and again with my brand new one. How do I know? I play sound tests and I noticed it listening to music and when playing video games. This is not the case using BT, then it is something with gigabyte motherboards or windows. I checked...
  9. Why UM2 2 channel Audio interface only 1 channel works on Zoom meeting?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Why UM2 2 channel Audio interface only 1 channel works on Zoom meeting?: Behringer U=Phoria UM2 Audio interface worked first time as a multi channel device for mic & keyboard playing music on Zoom Meeting now only 1 channel mic works. I used another audio interface prior & worked great. I have not changed any Zoom settings....
  10. why Slowly performance windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    why Slowly performance windows 10: hi, few days when running program.Hanging the operating system windows 10 but new install windows about 2 Month for example running Atmel Studio 7 hanging Is there a problem with the Windows 10 version? my windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Ver.1809 Os build:17763 install...