Windows 10: Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC?

Discus and support Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; This is awful user interface design. I don't want a PIN.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Chris Brewer1, Oct 6, 2022.

1. Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC?

This is awful user interface design. I don't want a PIN.

:)

Chris Brewer1, Oct 6, 2022

2. Can't create pin for login. Pin stopped working

Try the steps here:

• Navigate to PC Settings -> Accounts -> Sign-in options. Click on I forgot my PIN link.
    • Next, click on the Continue button in the Are you sure you forgot your PIN? screen.
    • You can now add a new PIN and click OK.

Gina_on_the_thread, Oct 6, 2022
  3. Rey Bel1 Win User
    Cannot set up PIN after Creators Update

In this case, we recommend to repair and set up a new PIN by doing the following steps:

• Open File Explorer and browser to this location:
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Microsoft\NGC

• Delete everything within that folder. You must be logged in as the Administrator to do this.
    • Go to Settings > Accounts > Sign-in Options.
    • Click Add a PIN again and set your PIN.
    • PIN sign in should work moving forward.

Let us know if the steps above works.

Rey Bel1, Oct 6, 2022
  4. Rose Ter Win User

Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC?

Add Pin option is not working

If the previous steps failed to work. You can try to Remove
    and Add your PIN. Here are the steps:

• Click on Sign-in options and login to Windows with your Microsoft account or local account Password.
    • Click on Windows icon at the bottom-right corner, on top of Start Menu click on your account icon and select Change account settings.
    • On the left-side panel of Accounts settings, select Sign-in options.
    • On this page, you have a number of options
      select PIN.
    • Directly below PIN, you will see two buttons. Click on Remove.
    • You will be asked "Are you sure you want to remove your PIN?" etc. Select
      Remove.
    • A Log-in Box now opens for you to re-enter your Password then click
      OK.
    • You will be returned to the Sign-in option
      page where you can now add a PIN once again.
    • Enter your new PIN and confirm PIN, click on OK to reset your new PIN for your Windows Sign-in.
    • Restart your PC and Sign-in with your new PIN to confirm.

Don't hesitate to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Oct 6, 2022
Thema:

Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC?

1. Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC? - Similar Threads - Why skip option

2. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  3. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up PIN as a sign-in option: Hello, My Windows sign in was temporarily disrupted by an accidental addition of a work account on my personal PC, forcing me to sign in using a password instead of my preferred PIN. I have removed the account but am getting an error when attempting to switch it back to PIN...
  4. Setting up PIN as a sign-in option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When setting up a new pc - how do you NOT set up the PIN?: I am setting up a new pc and don't what to uses a PIN. Is there a way to do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/when-setting-up-a-new-pc-how-do-you-not-set-up-the/eafc58e6-072f-40d1-a26d-eb2d6524833a
  6. Set up new pin error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Set up new pin error: My laptop just came back from repair… for a 2nd time. I go on to use it and I can’t get past entering a pin.It says my old pin doesn’t work and I need to set up a new one. The problem with that, is that I click set up a new pin and it doesn’t do anything....
  7. cant set up new pc stuck at pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant set up new pc stuck at pin: new pc, setting up account, had to use me phone email BTY. when I get to set up a pin it sais oops something went wrong and am stuck with that screen, will not skip or retry, turn pc off and starts at same screen...
  8. cant set up new pc stuck at pin

cant set up new pc stuck at pin: new pc, setting up account, had to use me phone email BTY. when I get to set up a pin it sais oops something went wrong and am stuck with that screen, will not skip or retry, turn pc off and starts at same screen...
  9. Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC?

Why is there no skip option for setting up a PIN on a new PC?: This is awful user interface design. I don't want a PIN. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-there-no-skip-option-for-setting-up-a-pin/ba5c90e9-b882-4f5b-8990-4e9ef7950665
  10. Can't set up a new PIN

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't set up a new PIN: "Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again." This what I got after the latest update. If I click on "Set up my PIN", either nothing passes, or there's another notification showing that sends me to the store to get an app in order to do...