Windows 10: Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

Discus and support Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bloort, Apr 17, 2020.

1. bloort Win User

Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep

To add to my ever growing list of annoyances and gremlins, is as the title says. Absolutely no sound at all after the computer resumes from sleeping. I know that some people are going to nag me about old hardware, but cmon, i can understand video as it evolved to higher and higher resolutions and framerates....but stereo speaker sound? Hasn't that been around long enough for windows to get it right? Thankfully i've only had trouble with video, mouse, and sound. oh wait...isn't that the whole computer? hahahaha This windows 10...i don't know about it. Black tuesday times 100. sorry about the rant.

maxmem must be set (i chose 4096, maybe that's wrong) to get any sound out of this at all.
    i've tried three different drivers.
    i've disabled the fast start thing.
    and i've tried waving my hands around frantically.
    really, i laugh pretty loud when i consider installing it on a real computer.
    and i'm not even going to mention all the peripheral features that of course have gone missing compared to win7.
    one last crack at the cat. if i can fix this rediculous sound issue, i'll keep on evalutating 10, but it suure is on thin ice.

crazy baby. thanks for your precious time to all who read and contribute.
    if they don't find you handsome, they better find you handy!!!
    peace.

:)

bloort, Apr 17, 2020
  2. BrooksyX Win User

Win7 Pro Laptop crashes when resumes from sleep

Ok almost positive it related to the wifi card/driver. If I disable it in the device manager my laptop sleeps and resumes just fine.

So I guess first step would to be try to find a different driver and if that doesnt work I guess I can replace it. Used mini pci-e wifi cards are pretty cheap.

BrooksyX, Apr 17, 2020
  3. bim27142 Win User
    Asus P8Z77-V resumes from sleep

I just noticed, my Asus P8Z77-V will resume from sleep all by itself without any intervention. I put it to sleep (Start > Sleep) then after a few seconds, it resumes. I don't know what's causing this. I have a USB mouse, I tried disconnecting it, still it resumed on its own after a few seconds. My keyboard is also USB but I haven't tried disconnecting that (yet) since I don't find it to be a likely culprit.

Any ideas? *Confused Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep :confused:

bim27142, Apr 17, 2020
  4. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep :p

cadaveca, Apr 17, 2020
Thema:

1. Why is there no sound after resuming from sleep - Similar Threads - Why sound resuming

2. Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access internet after resuming from sleep: Hello! I have an issue which seems similar to what several other people have reported, unfortunately none of the suggested solutions seems to work for me. In our household we a TP-Link Archer AX6000 router which provides internet access for several laptops, tablets and...
  3. Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep: I have an HP Envy laptop with a Realtek embedded wifi/bluetooth adapter built in. For the past couple of days, every time it resumes from sleep, the adapter has disappeared from device manager and therefore it never connects to my network. If I power it off and on again, the...
  4. Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Bluetooth stops working after resuming from sleep: As per title, the Bluetooth in my laptop stops working after resuming from sleep. OS: Windows 10 64-bit 20H2 All latest device drivers and latest BIOS installed. All Windows updates installed. sfc /scannow shows no corruption. I see lots of other posts about this...
  5. No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after resuming computer from standby/sleep mode: Hi everyone, Since I last updated my graphics drivers, I have has an issue where my sound refuses to work. It acts like it is working (sound settings show the sound is supposedly happening, I just don't hear it). This can happen from start-up of the PC, or when the PC goes...
  6. No sound after resume from sleep mode.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No sound after resume from sleep mode.: From about two years I have this problem. I have installed every single version of driver, but problem won't go away. Sound only come back when I restart Windows Audio service. Anyone have an idea what causes this? submitted by /u/antek2220 [link] [comments]...
  7. irregular BSODs after resume from sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    irregular BSODs after resume from sleep: Hello, I am having irregular BSODs if and only if I have sent my PC to standby and am resuming from it. If I remember correctly, these BSODs come with different error codes. I have run the V2 log collector, the output is attached to this post. Thank you very much in...
  8. BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA After Resume From Sleep

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA After Resume From Sleep: Hey everyone, bought a new Acer Swift 3 laptop and recently I have been having this issue where I would have some sort of BSOD pointing to bad RAM after I resumed from sleep. If Windows successfully resumes from sleep, I could also trigger it from trying to restart after...
  9. Delayed resume from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Delayed resume from sleep: I installed an SSD in my laptop. Occasionally, when I resume from sleep mode, the computer becomes unresponsive. It does this for about 30 seconds. I can't remember if it was doing this before I installed the new drive. Today it's been doing it almost every time I open the...
  10. Resume from sleep issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Resume from sleep issue: Hi everyone. I had some trouble today with my computer. I seem to have fixed it, but thought I would share my experience to see if I can help others who may be having similar issues. System Specifications ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AMD FX-6300 4 GB 1333 mhz GSkill RAM...