Windows 10: Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

Discus and support Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Haydhn, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Haydhn Win User

Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop?

I play video games on my PC in fullscreen and I have the windows key disabled most of the time. It's in the vicinity of important gaming keys like Ctrl, Shift, and Alt. I don't want the start menu popping up in the middle of my game so that's why I keep it disabled.

Win + D is a hassle to press for me, however Alt + Tab works great, but only if I have another tab open besides my game. When my game is the only tab open I can't Alt + Tab out.

There should be an option to have the desktop always available to Alt + Tab to, and if there already is and I'm overlooking it please let me know.

:)

Haydhn, Oct 8, 2018
  2. mrhuggles Win User

alt + tab not working

i always just use the windows key to get back to the desktop [pops up the start dealy, doesn't need anything to alt+tab to]

mrhuggles, Oct 8, 2018
  3. desktop is not listed in Ctrl+Tab toggle

Thanks for the suggestions, DaveM121 and NikhilPosting.

@DaveM121 - I have GForce Experience 3.7.0.81, and I can't see a ShadowPlay feature.

@NikhilPosting - I know Alt-Tab very well: this is precisely where I have an issue! the actual desktop is not listed among the thumbnails!

Window + Tab seems to be merely a variant of Alt-Tab - and it returns the same result: desktop is not listed among the thumbnails.

Thus, the issue endures...

GuyCruls_851, Oct 8, 2018
  4. cjb4 Win User

Select Desktops to Show Open Windows in ALT+TAB in Windows 10

Am I missing something. In 10 Alt+Tab no longer switches between the desktop and open applications. You need to perform an extra step to get to the desktop

cjb4, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Why is there no way to Alt + Tab to desktop? - Similar Threads - Why Alt Tab

2. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  3. Alt+Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Alt+Tab: This should have been so simple. How do I switch between the last two open windows/apps I've viewed/used with the new advanced Windows 11?My Windows 10 easily switched between the last two windows with Alt+Tab. Alt+Tab in Windows 11 shows all the windows I have opened and...
  4. Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Alt Tab shows desktop background when tabbing: After the windows 10 update, whenever I alt tab is shows my desktop background instead of the focused app. Instead of it being like this: [IMG] I want it to be like this: [ATTACH] Anyone know how to change this?...
  5. Why can't I alt tab to my desktop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why can't I alt tab to my desktop?: So I don't know why but I cannot alt tab to my desktop, to get to my desktop I have to minimize everything on top of it. submitted by /u/Nifty52 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lc1dog/why_cant_i_alt_tab_to_my_desktop/
  6. Is there a way to see your desktop when you ALT+TAB ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to see your desktop when you ALT+TAB ?: When you hold ALT+TAB, u see all of your open programs, is there a way to see your desktop there so you can alt+tab straight to your desktop ? submitted by /u/sudolake [link] [comments]...
  7. alt tab into desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab into desktop?: How do i alt tab into desktop like in windows 7? I don't like w + d. 77463
  8. Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Restore Desktop option to Alt-Tab?: I'm going to guess that this was asked about before, but, something that has bothered me about Windows 10 is that you can no longer Alt-Tab back to the desktop. I liked this functionality back in Windows 7, but seeing that it's missing in 10 bothers me. I know that Win-D...
  9. alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    alt tab (windows 10) to the desktop: So, just upgraded to windows 10 two days ago. Hasn’t had much time to play around with it. I have searched about all I can and can’t find a direct answer just keep finding different way to do it (which i already know). Is there a option that i have enabled to make it that my...
  10. Alt-Tab To Desktop

in Windows 10 Support
    Alt-Tab To Desktop: Is it possible to add desktop back to the alt-tab menu? 52798