Windows 10: Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows?

Discus and support Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This feature worked excellent in windwos 7. But in windows 10, still, it does not work. It is as if windows think that there are 1 or 2 more windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by kabaln, Nov 19, 2020.

1. kabaln Win User

Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows?

This feature worked excellent in windwos 7. But in windows 10, still, it does not work. It is as if windows think that there are 1 or 2 more windows open, inivisible, than there actually is, and make spaces for them.

I know others have asked about this, and this is to keep the problem going. It has to be fixed!

And for the record, the "When I snap a window, show what I can snap next to it." is allready unchecked.

:)

kabaln, Nov 19, 2020

2. No Stack Space

Hi Daryl,

Out of stack space error is a memory error when you used a program that involves
    Visual Basic scripts.

To ensure that we can provide the appropriate resolution for your concerns with this error, we’d like to ask you a few questions:

• Which version or build of Windows device are you using? To know, press
      Windows + R
      to open the Run window. Type winver
      and press Enter. A new window will open showing the version and build number of your Windows device.
    • What is the exact make and model of your computer?
    • What is the program you are using?
    • What is the edition of Windows operating system came installed when you bought this computer?
    • What were the recent changes made on your computer before you experienced this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Is this error came from a Visual Basic made program?
    • Can we have the screenshot of this error message?

If you are pertaining to the "Out of stack space" error, visit this article:

Out of stack space (Visual Basic)
    to know how to correct this error.

Get back to us once you provide us these additional details.

Johann Eva, Nov 19, 2020
  3. Bruce Hagen, Nov 19, 2020
  4. Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows?

Windows 10 - show windows stacked / show windows side by side NOT WORKING since 4 years!!!

Greetings

I have posted an issue on the 3rd of September, 2015 in the German language. Since the issue is still pending and the unresolved thread was closed (HOW DARE YOU MICROSOFT!!!), I am posting now in the English language.

Link to the original thread: Fenster gestapelt / nebeneinander anzeigen fehlerhaft in Windows 10

Summary:

• 1 open window works
    • 2 open windows work, although not all space is used
    • 3 open windows display wrong (stacked = stacked, side by side = stacked) <= This one is the most important one!
    • 4 open windows display wrong (stacked = stacked, side by side = stacked, space is not used, windows have different size)
    • 5 open windows work, although not all space is used
    • 6 open windows display wrong (stacked = stacked, side by side = stacked, space is not used, windows have different size)
    • 7 open windows work, although not all space is used

Offtopic: As I was coloring the text above, I realized that the text color function is broken in such a way that when you've already colored a text and want to color another one, you first have to color a third one in a different color in order to color
    the second one. Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows? o_O

I hereby offer 1 Bitcoin to the first person who can successfully restore full functionality from Windows 8.1 and implement it back into Windows 10! (Microsoft associates are not eligible for the reward.)

Nightragerz, Nov 19, 2020
Thema:

Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows?

1. Why is there spaces left when using the "side by side" function to stack windows? - Similar Threads - Why spaces left

2. [Bug?] Broken Windows TaskBar context Menu for stack and side by side

in Windows 10 Support
    [Bug?] Broken Windows TaskBar context Menu for stack and side by side: Hello, I see a strange problem with Windows TaskBar context Menu for stack and side by side, since 20H2, when we press one of them there're seems a "Ghost Window" that cause us have additional window so there're empty space for it, which is odd, I don't get this problem on...
  3. Show windows stacked/side by side not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Show windows stacked/side by side not working: Since I upgraded to windows 10 every time I try show windows stacked/side by side it acts like there is extra windows opened but there isn't. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/show-windows-stackedside-by-side-not-working/1f11556c-f19a-411b-bf69-abc4e6547f06
  4. Show windows side-by-side / stacked Bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Show windows side-by-side / stacked Bug: This issue has been reported since 2015. I have seen multiple threads about this. Its now 2020, 5 years later. When is MSFT going to fix this annoying bug? It's a disgrace its been ignored so long. Refresher: When you do a "show windows side by side" from the task-bar,...
  5. Side by side function

Side by side function: I want an excel and a word file to be side by side. When I use the side by side function I get vertical and about one eighth size. I have used this function in Windows 7 but I now have Windows 10 and it doesn't work....
  6. The function "Show windows side by side" is not working.

The function "Show windows side by side" is not working.: I purchased a new laptop from Dell. It has Windows 10 v1903 build 18362.267. The problem is very simple to understand. The solution, on the other hand, is another matter. The function "Show windows side by side" is not working. The functions is not placing them side by...
  7. "Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!

"Show windows side by side", or stacked, not working propertly!!: Every time I run it, it does /show different things... usually wrong or bad, like the one in the screenshot. Is there any way to fix it? It's so annoying, it's one very basic function.... how is it not working PS: only one virtual desktop was open, and I tried many times:...
  8. Desktop occupies space in side by side and stacked mode

Desktop occupies space in side by side and stacked mode: IT didnt happened in windows 7 when I enable show windows side by side but in windows 10 desktop also occpies space. Screenshot is attaches with tjis question. Please solve my Problem. I dont want desktop to occupy space and make my documents use full screen[ATTACH]...
  9. Windows run as Administrator don't tile, cascade, or stack side by side.

Windows run as Administrator don't tile, cascade, or stack side by side.: When I do the cascade, stack or side-by-side from right clicking on the task bar, it ignores any windows running as administrator. This happens in both Server 2016 and Windows 10. Is there any way to make these windows tile like regular windows? In this screenshot I had...
  10. Left Side Cutoff

in Windows 10 Support
    Left Side Cutoff: First time user, today, the left side of my monitor screens are cut off, can't see the icons and same when I use my email. Cant recall doing anything to cause this misbehavior. Any advise be much appreciated. 34802